You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat New Star Wars box set?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 01:25 PM   #1
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig
Default New Star Wars box set?

Uhhh...?

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...=57&g=72&pa=sr

What the hell is this then?

Could these be the original movies in the original un-edited form?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #2
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I saw this the other day. While I have no real idea what it is, the lack of bonus disc references suggests that it's a vanilla release of just the films. The artwork looks nicer, though.

Either way, there's a limit to how many copies of Star Wars I'm prepared to buy, even if Lucas has changed more of the content (which he may have done). Of course, if he's fixed the quality control issues with the previous DVD release I'm going to feel conned...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-08-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
The Reggienator

I friend told me that this is in fact the same as the earlier dvd set, except that it has no extras...
So still no original movies in dvd...

Yeah, the box art looks nicer in this release, but I still won't buy even this one.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
Psychonaut

Lucas has said he would never release the origional movies on DVD as they were pre tinkering.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:47 PM   #5
The Reggienator

Yeah, I know. I just had a fool's hope that the old fart had changed his mind and realized that the world needs the original movies on dvd.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:37 PM   #6
SamNMax

Box looks awesome.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:41 PM   #7
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Box looks awesome.
I agree. I hate the previous release's cheap looking box.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:02 PM   #8
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Uhhh...?

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...=57&g=72&pa=sr

What the hell is this then?

Could these be the original movies in the original un-edited form?

Not wanting to state the obvious here, but it is exactly what it says it is in the description on the Play website - the 3 original movies on DVD, and digitally restored and remastered -

*Each of the three films in the Star Wars trilogy has been digitally restored and re-mastered by THX for superior sound and picture quality.

Episode IV - A New Hope Luke Skywalker, a young farm boy from Tatooine, is thrust into the struggle of the rebel alliance when he meets Obi-Wan Kenobi, who has lived for years in seclusion on the desert planet. Obi-Wan begins Luke's Jedi training as Luke joins him on a daring mission to rescue the beautiful rebel leader Princess Leia from the clutches of the evil Empire.

Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back Three years later, Imperial forces continue to pursue the rebels. After the rebellion's defeat on the ice planet Hoth, Luke journeys to the planet Dagobah to train with Jedi Master Yoda, who has lived in hiding since the fall of the Republic. In an attempt to convert Luke to the Dark Side, Darth Vader lures young Skywalker into a trap in the Cloud City of Bespin...

Episode VI - Return Of The Jedi In the epic conclusion of the saga, the Empire prepares to crush the rebellion with a more powerful Death Star while the rebel fleet mounts a massive attack on the space station.*