You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2005, 10:44 PM   #41
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
and my avatar is Jenifer Connelly shouting underwater in Requiem for a Dream. (in case anybody is still wondering )
Really.

Still can't see that
Old 11-01-2005, 08:31 AM   #42
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Welcome to the Fore-ums.
We know all kinds of lore'ums.

I am the Empress, the mad one, the Loony.
Please call me Jaz, or Jazzie, or Jazh.
They're all just my minions (though admit it they won't)
And you're one of them now - But don't think your're puny.
We're all quite nice here, and don't lack pizzazz
The pannings just playing, and madness is wont.

So add your five pence, and soon you'll attend
The great celebration of mangled up sense.
But don't mention Samorost, or you'll have to fend
The giant pans, beating down dense.
As they smash you to a pulp
Like jean baptiste pierre antoine de monet
will tell you with regretting gulp
When he mentioned it on a rotation other than Samorost Day!

"Hurray."

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:41 PM   #43
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Well, after Jazzie's lunatic welcome to the site, all I really have to offer is a quiet..............hi................

I'm a 30 something.."cough" computer geek into science, scifi and books.

My favourite adventure games are the Gabriel Knight series, and for RPGs it's a very close call between Final Fantasy 8 and Neverwinter Nights

Apart from that you will find me spending most of my time lurking on the forums and posting pointless comments
Old 11-01-2005, 05:51 PM   #44
merely human

We have to talk about ourselves now?

*ahem*

I'm a veteran AG community member. I am NOT a geek, even though things I do seem geeky (like be online a lot and play computer games and talk shop about them). I'm first and foremost an artist and designer, and I have plans to be a writer. Here's my literary website: SectorBlue Anthology.

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-02-2005, 01:00 AM   #45

Welcome!

A bit about myself... I'm an undergrad student at UC Irvine, California. I'm studying anthropology, linguistics, and history. I enjoy traveling and spending time in the outdoors (hiking, scuba diving, everything). Also, I don't like eggs (particularly their smell).
Old 11-02-2005, 01:14 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
Really.

Still can't see that
See the "Reason behind your avatar" thread.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:05 AM   #47
Chris Barraclough

A bit about ourselves you say? I'm 23, live in London, I like stuff that isn't work, lying in, beer, scary stuff and stupid 80s films, and I dislike Hugh Grant and peacocks (they must die! DIEEEEEE!!!)
Old 11-03-2005, 07:55 AM   #48
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
A bit about ourselves you say? I'm 23, live in London, I like stuff that isn't work, lying in, beer, scary stuff and stupid 80s films, and I dislike Hugh Grant and peacocks (they must die! DIEEEEEE!!!)
Apart from the annoying cry they make, what's wrong with peacocks? The one's I've been around were quite innocuous.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #49
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Apart from the annoying cry they make, what's wrong with peacocks? The one's I've been around were quite innocuous.

ScottMate

Didn't you know? They have the evil eye! Several of them! All those blue eyes on their feathers! EEEEVIL!!!!

Then again, I also have the evil eye, or at least half.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #50
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
*Casts memory back to a dark, horrible place, a place where demons fear to tread*

Nooooooooooo, don't make me relive it!

*cries, shaking in a corner*

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-03-2005, 03:51 PM   #51
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:

ScottMate

You wonder why he doesn't like peacocks - I'm more interested in why he likes
Quote:

lying in beer,

Old 11-04-2005, 12:27 AM   #52
Chris Barraclough

I like making beer angels

The peacock thing goes back a couple of years, when I was camping in Singapore. Two of them ganged up on our tent while we were still inside, throwing themselves at it. When I got out one of them leapt onto me and gashed me down my side. I'm ashamed to say I legged it around the tent in circles, screaming like a little girl. I still have nightmares of their evil glaring eyes and pointy claws.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 11-04-2005, 02:17 AM   #53
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDance
Magic!

I think if you post anything in chat-chat or the other threads that don't have to do with adventure gaming, your posts don't count.
Only in Chit-Chat...

I'm... UPtimist. I was born in the 80's... Also a Finn. G'dAy!

Right...

Well, good bye everybody!
Old 11-04-2005, 05:28 AM   #54
Bad Influence

Quote:
I like making beer angels

The peacock thing goes back a couple of years, when I was camping in Singapore. Two of them ganged up on our tent while we were still inside, throwing themselves at it. When I got out one of them leapt onto me and gashed me down my side. I'm ashamed to say I legged it around the tent in circles, screaming like a little girl. I still have nightmares of their evil glaring eyes and pointy claws.
So you ran afoul of some peacock hooligans, then. Your fear of them makes perfect sense to me now. I've only been around the cultured ones at the zoo, which are allowed to roam around unfettered because they're so tame.
I have to admit, the image of you running around your tent screaming like a little girl almost made me spit coffee all over my computer.
Speaking of which, when do we get to see your entry in the "What do you look like?" thread? Hmmm?

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-04-2005, 05:37 AM   #55

Quote:
I have to admit, the image of you running around your tent screaming like a little girl almost made me spit coffee all over my computer.
Man, I swear it sounds like you never come to these forums without your cup of coffee. On the other hand, that would explain your self-admitted clumsiness with a keyboard. Typing with one hand is not an easy task...
Old 11-04-2005, 05:50 AM   #56
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
So you ran afoul of some peacock hooligans, then. Your fear of them makes perfect sense to me now. I've only been around the cultured ones at the zoo, which are allowed to roam around unfettered because they're so tame.
Yeah, they were pretty mean alright. Although they were allowed to wander freely on a campsite with familys etc which didn't seem such a good idea!

Quote:
Speaking of which, when do we get to see your entry in the "What do you look like?" thread? Hmmm?
The only digital camera I've got at the moment is the one on my phone, but I'll try and stick a shot up sometime soon.

Old 11-04-2005, 06:12 AM   #57
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Man, I swear it sounds like you never come to these forums without your cup of coffee.
Until the sun has reached it's zenith in the sky, there is a cup of coffee in my hand. It's 8:16 am here, so I'm only on my second cup.
Quote:
On the other hand, that would explain your self-admitted clumsiness with a keyboard. Typing with one hand is not an easy task...
One finger, actually. I'm strictly "hunt & peck". If they made keyboards for life-sized fingers, I might be more tempted to learn proper typing, but for now my method seems to work okay.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-04-2005, 06:27 AM   #58

what up y'all. it's carl. i'm not new per se, but haven't posted or read the forums much in the past few years. i have been reading the site itself since before the url had an s, but never have done much posting. i've got a slight inclination that will change, but we'll see.

my favorite games are the dagger of amon ra, last express, & longest journey. i remember the days of planetfall, hhgtg, the hobbit, et al.. but the games that really got me were gold rush, kq4 agi, rampage (you know, monsters punching buildings.. aw yeah), & the black cauldron. oh and lsl1 at my aunt's house.. but i could only play at my aunt's house while mom was gone. at the time i never knew why that was... i just though my aunt was cool. =)

must get new agatha christie game...

anyhow, i just moved to orlando FL! it's a little hot, but i love it anyway because i'm attending an excellent sound design school. it focuses on recording/mixing, sound for film and (by extension) games! graduate in may, so the future is soon!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:32 AM   #59
Psychonaut

Airwolf was a cool show. Even if they did use the same explosion and valley in every episode.

Archangel was weird in his all white suit.

Welcome footawn.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:30 PM   #60

Default The Baby Graveyard

I remember being 13 years old and being taken late one night to what my sister called the 'baby graveyard'. She drove me and a friend to a deserted wooded area in south miami and parked next to a three foot coral stone wall that ran parallel to the street. Then she told us to get out and lean our backs against the wall - she explained that we couldn't actually go IN the baby graveyard because that would be disrespectful. But we could wake them with a rock if one of us was brave enough. So I threw one. The screams scared the bejesus out of my friend and me. I had nightmares for a week. Anyway, turns out they were peacocks nesting. Needless to say, I took anyone I thought would scare easily back to the baby graveyard...

Oh, yeah, I'm Scott, I live in Ft. Lauderdale but I grew up in Miami... 33 years old and still play games every day (it is part of my job, but still...)