You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Arghhh people are so stupid!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
Banned User

Default Arghhh people are so stupid!!

Except me of course.

Those crazy holy rollers.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:46 AM   #2
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

(snort)

Stupid people indeed. I spent many a day at my local Girls Inc, and it was a great place. I took lessons of various sorts and went to summer camp, and it is the kind of place that teaches girls (and boys too, actually) how to be independent, strong, and skilled... and also how to be good, kind, helpful people. Completely counterproductive to boycott a company that supports them...

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 11-07-2005, 06:03 AM   #3

Damn, temps, please don't post stuff like that again. It's bad for my health. And for my criminal record too, if I ever meet this kind of freaks in real life.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #4
Banned User

Don't worry, you're a young lad, you'll be fine-HEY PUT THAT BAT DOWN NO!WAIT STOP!

Heh, I love this part: "I feel like there's nowhere safe"

Oh no! The gays have surrounded us! We're doomed!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:23 AM   #5
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'm not sure which I find more repulsive: these extreme right-wing Christians or the idea that little girls enjoy dressing up as dolls and getting their hair styled like them, and feel the need to own dozens of the things...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:27 AM   #6
Banned User

What do you expect? Since we don't have to hunt animals for food with spears so that we can live a full life to the age of 40, we have more time to do stupid things like dress like dolls.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Don't worry, you're a young lad, you'll be fine-HEY PUT THAT BAT DOWN NO!WAIT STOP!

Heh, I love this part: "I feel like there's nowhere safe"

Oh no! The gays have surrounded us! We're doomed!
Yeah. Politics are invading the playground... because supporting homosexuality is a political thing, of course, rather than just, well, normal.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:59 AM   #8
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Hehehe...Thanksgiving ought to be fun with my family this year.
My cousin's daughters were both into the "American Girls" thing in a big way a few years back, and her husband is just the right-wing reactionary, holy-roller type to get in a lather over this sort of thing. I wonder if he'll burn all the girl's old "American Girls" toys?

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-07-2005, 07:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Hehehe...Thanksgiving ought to be fun with my family this year.
My cousin's daughters were both into the "American Girls" thing in a big way a few years back, and her husband is just the right-wing reactionary, holy-roller type to get in a lather over this sort of thing. I wonder if he'll burn all the girl's old "American Girls" toys?
Just curious; does he know that you're gay? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:45 AM   #10
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Just curious; does he know that you're gay? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business.
Yep, he knows. I'm almost 39 and have never been married nor have I ever brought a girl around, so it's kind of obvious. Most of my family have adopted the "don't ask, don't tell" attitude, but they're not entirely clueless.
The really funny thing is that he and I get along better than he gets along with the rest of the family. He's an engineer, and I'm the only one who is fluent in "geek-speak". Last year we discussed applying vectored thrust technology to lifting body aircraft, and how that might solve some of the maneuverability problems associated with that style of aircraft without screwing up the aerodynamics the way conventional articulated control surfaces do.
If I've done my job correctly, he drives home from every Thanksgiving dinner feeling very conflicted and questioning his core beliefs.

I'm sure he's back to feeling "holier than thou" by the next morning, but I mess with his world for a little while at least.

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-07-2005, 01:07 PM   #11
merely human

Quote:
"I feel like there's nowhere safe," says Tracie, who has vowed not to buy anything from American Girl as long as it's affiliated with Girls Inc. "I have to have a clear conscience."
Moronic is as moron thinks. In a 21st century global situation where little babies in Botswana are dying of AIDS and malaria, 15 million kids die of starvation annually, 1 out of every 8 kids under the age of twelve in the U.S. going to bed hungry every night, and many others suffering from malnutrition, vicimized by war, and killed by natural disasters, this stupid woman says she's scared of gays and women's rights to have abortions?

Quote:
Yep, he knows. I'm almost 39 and have never been married nor have I ever brought a girl around, so it's kind of obvious. Most of my family have adopted the "don't ask, don't tell" attitude, but they're not entirely clueless.

The really funny thing is that he and I get along better than he gets along with the rest of the family. He's an engineer, and I'm the only one who is fluent in "geek-speak". Last year we discussed applying vectored thrust technology to lifting body aircraft, and how that might solve some of the maneuverability problems associated with that style of aircraft without screwing up the aerodynamics the way conventional articulated control surfaces do.

If I've done my job correctly, he drives home from every Thanksgiving dinner feeling very conflicted and questioning his core beliefs.

I'm sure he's back to feeling "holier than thou" by the next morning, but I mess with his world for a little while at least.
It's staggering to think how people can choose to be so conflicted, if not in outright denial. It's amazing how powerful ignorance and dogma can be.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:

You never know the difference you're making. A lot of this intolerance is through ignorance. Many homophobic people have never met a gay or lesbian before. Once they do, a lot of their preconceptions and generalizations fly out the window (not always of course).
Old 11-07-2005, 04:38 PM   #13

Quote:

He he, nice.

Perhaps he's got a crush on you or something.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:05 PM   #14
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
You never know the difference you're making. A lot of this intolerance is through ignorance. Many homophobic people have never met a gay or lesbian before. Once they do, a lot of their preconceptions and generalizations fly out the window (not always of course).
I live for those moments when a guy I hardly know or have just met leans over, points out a very effeminate guy, and whispers "That guy's gay. I can spot 'em every time". This always makes me go into full faux-straight mode, and I watch and wait for the moment when somebody clues this person in about me.
Occasionally, the look of shocked disbelief lets me know the exact moment that I've been "outed". *snickers*

@ Ninth- Ew. Ew-ew-ew-ew-ew.

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-07-2005, 08:21 PM   #15
Banned User

I can just imagine your uncle being the dad from American Beauty.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:28 PM   #16
Bad Influence

Quote:
I can just imagine your uncle being the dad from American Beauty.
I haven't seen "American Beauty". Will I be grossed out when you explain the reference to me?

Share the love.

<3
Old 11-07-2005, 09:08 PM   #17
merely human

Hey, Kevin Spacey isn't that bad looking!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-08-2005, 01:02 AM   #18
Banned User

Not him! The one that
Spoiler:
beats his kid, he was a marine, and it turned out he was gay, and it pissed him off, so uh......
well, I don't want to give it away.

Last edited by AFGNCAAP; 11-08-2005 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:33 AM   #19
Dungeon Master

Quote:
well, I don't want to give it away.
Sorry, but I felt you did spoil it a bit too much, so I added the tags

The one played by Chris Cooper, Trep - Lester's neighbour. And, Scott, I recommend you to watch the movie.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:50 AM   #20
Bad Influence

Any movie that turns suburban conformist values on their ear is worth checking out in my book.

Share the love.

<3