You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2004, 12:54 PM   #1
Bearly Here

Default Roaches, Bunnies - now what???

Ok I been waiting and no one has said the "P" word yet.

No no not that one...

You have done roaches and even Bunnies which is really running the gamut of gaming. The release of Mojo Redux and all the noise has to have you thinking... so what project might be in mind right now?

Yeah you guys "project" [thatword] as in new stuff ... a new creative venture for the team Mojo Whats up?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:12 PM   #2
Game Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to serpentbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMac
Ok I been waiting and no one has said the "P" word yet.

No no not that one...

You have done roaches and even Bunnies which is really running the gamut of gaming. The release of Mojo Redux and all the noise has to have you thinking... so what project might be in mind right now?

Yeah you guys "project" [thatword] as in new stuff ... a new creative venture for the team Mojo Whats up?
I can't speak for the other jamokes but as far as I'm concerned I'd like to make another game. This time with proper funding and a realistic development schedule. Every game we've made (don't forget Iron Helix) was done behind the 8-Ball. We had an uphill climb throughout every game. We all got out of gaming because we were burnt and bitter and gaming took a different direction than we would have liked. Adventure games sort of died. Publishers didn't want to fund them. Investors were looking for huge hits with major wow appeal. I want to tell stories AND create intelligent, seamless gameplay. I want to tap into the vast market of non-gamers who might be interested in something a bit more mature, a bit more literate. If I want blood and guts I'll watch the news. If I wants tits I'll buy a Penthouse. But if I want an immersive world with a real story behind it, where can I go?

We have some ideas for a Mojo sequel we're tossing around, and of course I'd like to make BloodRunner, which is a game concept that Alex and I put our hearts into. We took the time to develop something right and wrote a game treatment BEFORE we did any production. But the time is right for a resurgence in adventure games, or games with more of a narrative structure to them. It's my goal to make something so incredible, so mind blowing, that even calling it a game would be to do it a disservice. I'd like to make an experience that does for gaming what MYST did back in the day, except make it so compelling and playable that it will crossover and appeal to all kinds of people. We can do that. We just never had the right backers.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
Bad Mojo Producer

Well, the three of us have been talking about projects we could do. Certainly a sequel to Bad Mojo or even our Blood Runner concept could be possibilities. A few of the original team are still around in the Bay Area. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

The Mojo team and the Bunnies team were the best production crews around. I would love to work with any one of those guys again.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:25 PM   #4
Bearly Here

Well that's half the battle right there is having the right group together on any creative push. So you got the core in place.

I read the earlier stuff on the way Dreamworks was so wowed by Bloodrunner they felt inspired to rip it off Borrow from the concept and yet still miss the mark entirely.

Seems to me to be a very viable idea just waiting to be done. There is promise out there with Bad Brains (rich german guy pours money & heart into dream of making many adventure games )

So maybe he'd be interested in another hot concept I think there is definitely a market swell in the direction of the genre if not vast here in the US - it is definitely large in europe.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:27 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

There are also several LucasArts offshoots in the Bay Area at the moment... it's exciting to me. Now is the first time in a long time that it's really felt to me like adventure gaming is having a resurgence (although, contrary to popular belief, it never did DIE...)
Old 12-17-2004, 01:27 PM   #6
Game Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to serpentbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMac
Well that's half the battle right there is having the right group together on any creative push. So you got the core in place.

I read the earlier stuff on the way Dreamworks was so wowed by Bloodrunner they felt inspired to rip it off Borrow from the concept and yet still miss the mark entirely.

Seems to me to be a very viable idea just waiting to be done. There is promise out there with Bad Brains (rich german guy pours money & heart into dream of making many adventure games )

So maybe he'd be interested in another hot concept I think there is definitely a market swell in the direction of the genre if not vast here in the US - it is definitely large in europe.
Put me in touch with these Germans. Bad Brains? Wasn't that a funky reggae band that I saw in New Paltz back in the 80's? Man those were good shrooms...
Old 12-17-2004, 02:21 PM   #7
Bearly Here

New Paltz eh, teachers central...nice bars...

It wasn't the shrooms Vinny
Old 12-17-2004, 02:45 PM   #8
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentbox
Put me in touch with these Germans. Bad Brains?
Actually it's Bad Brain without the s. The CEO seems like a really nice guy (unlike many other CEOs out there), he loves adventure games and has got the cash. What more can you ask for?

Keep in mind though that this is a new company with, so far, not much to show for. If they will pull off even half of the things they have planned, it'll be great. I think it's worth a shot of contacting them though. Although they may have their hands full for the moment, they might be willing to work with you later on. Who knows...?
Old 12-17-2004, 03:01 PM   #9
Bad Mojo Producer

I better brush on my German and my beer stein lifting.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:43 PM   #10
Bearly Here

yep, I hear you.

Can you think how many friends this guy has when he walked out and said "Hey I got a lot of cash and all I want to do is give it to some adventure game developers." Bet it's wild on their phone lines these days. I think they have half of LEC lining up over there.

I guess that idea of a tent city at McArthur park for Adv. Developers might not be needed yet Alex.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:59 PM   #11

Default BloodRunner Cast Here

My name is Scott and I was the voice of Gumshoe, the BloodRunner himself. If you're talking about the web 'toon that was the Jinx/Pulse production a couple of years back? I did some other voices for BloodRunner, and a few voices for animated characters on XciteXtreme. I've been trying to track down the BloodRunner episodes, because I never got copies or videos of them! I thought it was a great idea (Osmosis Jones, feh!) and really enjoyed working on it. I have a home recording setup, and just wanted to let folks on this forum know if you are working on a personal project or developing a game, and you'd like some professional voice talent (20 years of performing/teaching Improv in San Francisco plus numerous PS2 and N64 and other games, animated shorts, etc.) then I'd love to collaborate with you! I use SoundForge 7.0 and can record in 24 bit stereo, save it as any format you like. I can also do SFX and mixes via AcidPro 4.0. Acid also gives me the ability to sync audio to video. To be clear, I'm not fishing for $$ here, I have a day gig, but I would like to offer to collaborate with other creative types, doing something I do well, to have some fun, and to see what comes out of it. Scratch tracks for a game pitch, voices for some web animation, whatever.
You can contact me at improviz @ pacbell.net ( I have purposely inserted spaces in my address to foil 'bots, just take the spaces out if you write to me). Hope to hear from someone with a project! Scott

>>
We have some ideas for a Mojo sequel we're tossing around, and of course I'd like to make BloodRunner, which is a game concept that Alex and I put our hearts into. We took the time to develop something right and wrote a game treatment BEFORE we did any production.<<