You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Scary Adventure Games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #61
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
I don't know. After I saw Steven King's IT at age seven, I think I was prepared for anything.
Seek Ghosthouse and if you can assure me you are able to forget the clown with that dreadful music, then you have my admiration.

Then again, I watched this movie when I was a kid and it might have damaged some of my braincells. I truly believe I hate clowns because of that movie
Old 05-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #62
SamNMax

Yeah. I remember Ghosthouse. I will admit, I jummped quite a bit.

Old 05-12-2005, 06:35 PM   #63
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
I don't know. After I saw Steven King's IT at age seven, I think I was prepared for anything.
Aw, I remember that movie. Poor John Ritter.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:44 PM   #64
SamNMax

I think Tim Curry as Pennywise was the most disturbing thing in movie history.

Old 05-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #65
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Quote:
I think Tim Curry as Pennywise was the most disturbing thing in movie history.
I can't think of any ending ruining a movie for me as much as IT's. I frigging loved the whole thing until they go down into that cave. I bought the book hoping it would be better and everything would make more sense - I was wrong.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:12 PM   #66
SamNMax

Yeah. That was pretty dumb.

Old 05-13-2005, 01:27 PM   #67
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

I think the movie that got me started on my horror addiction was The Omen when I was about 10 or 11 yrs old.
It was on tv and my mum wouldn't let me stay up to watch it - luckily she had the volume up very loud, and using a pair of binoculars I was able to look into the living room of the house across the street where they were also watching it!

So, I was sat on my bed watching the movie across the street whilst listening to the sounds coming from downstairs

Looking back, the movie wasn't that scary, but for a 10 yr old it was one of the most frightening experiences of my life.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #68
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
I mean the oh god i'm going to crap my pants scary. Any suggestions?
Harvester. got it for $4 at comp usa about 7 years ago. beyond twisted.. like, literally spiders bursting out of babies eyes.. really sick sh1t
Old 05-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #69
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Aw, I remember that movie. Poor John Ritter.
Saw it too. And agree; poor John.

I'm surprised that all the "scary movies" everyone mentions seem to be of the horror genre. Scariest movie I ever saw was Jaws 1 during it's first week of release. If you remember the line "We need a bigger boat!", you remember the scene that preceded it. If ever there was a scene that had a person clinging from the ceiling because of pure, unadulterated fright, that was it.

It is probably not scary now, because of all the documentaries about "the making of". But if you didn't know about Bruce the shark when you first saw it, and it was best seen on the big screen, I guarantee you were scared out of your wits.

I would also nominate Psycho and the first Indiana Jones as fairly frightening movies.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:41 PM   #70

I'm usuallynot freaked out by films, but Event Horizon has got to be one of the scariest films I've ever seen. It's very much a "haunted-house" story set on a space ship, but a very well done one. With the exception of one thing...

Spoiler:
Laurence Fishburn's "fear"

...I was geuinely freaked out the entire time. Didn't help that I watched it in the dark, alone, with headphones either,
Old 07-08-2005, 08:50 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
I'm kinda sick of the whole "hmmm....this is a very interesting mystery" type adventure games. I wanna be scured!! Anyway, are they any good scary adventure games out there? And I don't mean oooh this is creepy scary I mean the oh god i'm going to crap my pants scary. Any suggestions?
Did you want cheap scary? Because the entire "Silent Hill" series is good. And recently I got "The Suffering", which is more for the shooter fans.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:56 PM   #72
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusciousBBW
Did you want cheap scary? Because the entire "Silent Hill" series is good. And recently I got "The Suffering", which is more for the shooter fans.
Eh, already played those.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:55 AM   #73
Chris Barraclough

Almost finished In Memoriam, it's kind of creepy but not really scary. For anyone who hasn't played it, you have to register your email address before you play, and you get sent emails by various characters to help you solve puzzles which a serial killer presents to you. I got an email from the killer, so I replied to it to see what would happen. Today at work I got a proper reply! And this is a fairly old game too! Kinda creepy...

Scariest films I've seen are probably Ringu, Ju-On (that kid is so creepy), Phone and various other asian movies. They know how to do f%$ked up psychological horror. And IT of course
Old 09-21-2005, 07:58 PM   #74
The Solomon of Sarcasm

Shadow of the Comet actually managed to scare me when I played it as a senior in high school. I played it on a computer with no sound at all, generally around 11PM-12AM, with no sound in the house. It left everything to the imagination, and it turned it into one of the freakiest adventure games I've ever played.

The only other adventure game that managed to scare me was Ben Croshaw's 5 Days a Stranger. That game was so atmospheric, it had me jumping in quite a few places.

And to SamNMax, if you saw "Seven," and weren't at least disturbed by it, you may have some sort of disease.

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 09-21-2005, 07:59 PM   #75
SamNMax

Seven kicked ass.

Old 09-21-2005, 08:08 PM   #76
The Solomon of Sarcasm

You realize the point of that movie was to portray the disturbing realities of a serial killer's mind and the mind of his pursuers, right? Not to "kick ass?" A psychological character study, rather than "d00d that fat guyz totally ded cuz he 8 a lot, lol, thats so kickass!!!!"

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 09-21-2005, 08:11 PM   #77
SamNMax

**** yeah.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:43 PM   #78
adventurefan99

Quote:
I seriously I doubt that I could ever be scared by a game. Or a movie, for that matter.
I'd recommend you check out some of the classic horror movies, not the cliched hollywood crap. Movies that spring to mind are "Don't Look Now", "Les Diaboliques", "Psycho", "Wages of Fear" and even Ridley Scott's "Alien". I was also quite disturbed/scared by "The Machinist" , especially the themepark ride.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:00 AM   #79
Chris Barraclough

Silence of the Lambs and The Shining were pretty creepy too, but then I saw those as a kid. First violent movie I saw was Robocop (what a one to start with eh), had to hide under the table when the guy got shot to pieces at the start.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:22 AM   #80
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

I recomend System Shock 2..