You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Shop 50% discount

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #1

Default Adventure Shop 50% discount

So what games are you buying during this 50% off extravaganza? I'm thinking of picking up Dark Fall Lost Souls and Whispered World.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

I bought 9 so far. Both Still Life games; Sinking Island; Ceville; A Vampyre Story; Broken Sword 3; Darkness Within; and the first two Runaway games. Those will probably take the rest of the year to download with my 128 bps internet connection. Oh hell...
Old 06-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #3

Been on a spending spree myself with So Blonde, Still Life 2, Sinking Island, Return to Mysterious Island, Al Emmo and Art of Murder 2. Just need time to play them.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
Restless Dreamer

Dark Fall: Lost Souls, yeah baby!
All Time Faves: Silent Hill 2, Scratches: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus
Old 06-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #5

Telltale Games is also running a special, Tales of Monkey Island Season 1 with Sam n Max the Penal Zone for $19.95. I haven't played Tales yet so I snagged it up

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/talesofmonkeyisland
Old 06-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
Cabbage Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryfades View Post
Telltale Games is also running a special, Tales of Monkey Island Season 1 with Sam n Max the Penal Zone for $19.95. I haven't played Tales yet so I snagged it up

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/talesofmonkeyisland
Cool. I'm going pass because I'm broke and also because I never finished any of the previous Monkey Island games. ToMI is the only episodic series TTG made that I still don't have though.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #7

"Overclocked"! Finally! Installing right now ...

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 06-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #8

Okay, so it installed, I entered the activation key, then it stops. No connection to the "protection key" server or something? The game won't even start up. Now I remember why I use Steam ...

Old 06-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #9

I am having trouble activating as well, there server is probably overloaded or down, oh well.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Aubstopper

Bought Yoomurjak's Ring and Sinking Island! ahhHHhhh download is SO slow.

This is what i get for cheaping out on my internet connection.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #11

Default Adventure Shop Rip Off

I purchased three games 24 hours ago, when I clicked submit an error message came up stating that "unknown error try again..." I had a gut feeling to check my bank account first, and the there was a charge on my online banking from Adventure Shop.....

I have received no games to this point, my account shows nothing purchased, I emailed them yesterday, even though their website says that support is their 7 days a week, I have yet to receive a reply (except for an auto replay).

All I want are the games I purchased, or my money refunded. Any suggestions or is this a lost cause.

-gnashif
Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryfades View Post
I am having trouble activating as well, there server is probably overloaded or down, oh well.
I've searched the web and it turns out this has happened several times before. At first glance it seems like a server problem, like you said, and people were able to activate their games after some time. So I really hope we just have to be patient and keep trying.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #13

Yeah I bought a game on D2D which uses the same activation as the game I just bought from Adventure shop. It was on a weekend and I experienced a similar problem. It was not until Monday or so before I was able to connect. Probably not a coincidence that I had activation issues both times on the weekend (when no one is working). I expect it to fully work by Monday at the latest.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #14

I went on a crazy shopping spree and I've found some "hidden" "checkout-only" deals (it's almost frustrating if you didn't know about it and bought the games separately).

If you buy Darkness Within 2 you get DarkFall lost Souls for the crazy price of 7.50$!

The Whispered World or So Blonde (bought both don't know which one "triggered" the deal) you get Runaway a Twist of Fate for 9.99$!

Darkness Within 1 or Art of Murder 1 you get Sinking Island for 5$

Art of Murder 3 (9.99$) you get Art of Murder 2 for 5$ (or vice versa? I tried and it doesn't work, you get Syberia for 3.75$!)

Diamonds in the rough or AGON you get Still Life 2 for 7.50$

and more!!! Try some combinations. It's fun (and expensive!)

I tried Yoomurjak's Ring but there is no bonus the game is still VERY worth the 10$ tho!!

Last edited by No_doubtsy; 06-13-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:40 AM   #15

I just received this bunch of busy work from The Adventure Shop, so they are blaming it on Tages and expecting us to write Tages and do all of the work for them, when THEIR games won't activate:

Thank you for contacting the Adventureshop Gamesplanet customer service

In response to your query sent on 13 June 2010, please find below the requested information.
We are sorry you are experiencing this problem with Tages activation. We are afraid that Tages had some temporary issues with their servers which have prevented you from activating the game.

Therefore we invite you to try again and, if the problem persists, please follow the instructions provided below:

Please make sure you have entered your serial number correctly (we know from experience that it is easy to confuse 0 (Zero) with O (Oscar), I with 1, G with 6 etc.).

If the problem persists, the activation might be blocked by firewall, antivirus and such - please disable during the activation process.

If you are using Windows Vista and Internet Explorer, the activation might be blocked by a security feature of IE. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Security and set the "internet security" level to "medium-high" and deactivate the option for "enable protected mode".

If this does not help either, please update the TAGES drivers via the following links:

http://www.tagesprotection.com/5.5/TagesSetup.exe for 32 bit operating systems

http://www.tagesprotection.com/5.5/TagesSetup_x64.exe for 64 bit operating systems (this will resolve the error 1275, especially if you are using Windows 7).

In case even the activation still fails, we suggest consulting this page where you can find the solutions to the most common issues: http://www.tagesprotection.com/main....activation.htm

You may also contact Tages at: [email protected]

Please provide them with the following information:

1. The name of the game.
2. The name of your distributor.
3. The first 10 letters of your serial number (not your purchasing number).
4. Your IP address (this is needed to check the activation server log). Your external IP will be shown by websites like http://www.whatismyip.com/
5. The type of error or problem you have encountered - please quote the complete error message.
6. If relevant (depending on the kind of error), the name of your browser/proxy/firewall/pop-up blocker: they regularly test them and may have advice regarding their configuration.

If possible, please also send a screenshot of the error message dialog you encounter. The easiest way to create a screenshot of a dialog is by pressing the key combination ALT+PrintScreen and then pasting it into your e-mail editor message.

Please let us know how it is going, and excuse us for the delay of our answer.

Best Regards,
Laura
Adventureshop Gamesplanet Customer Service
eu-adventureshop.gamesplanet.com
Old 06-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #16

Pathetic behavior. Thanks for posting their response. Won't trust them again.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:05 AM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaneas297 View Post
Suffice to say TAGES have fixed the issues now so everything is back to normal.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #18
Cabbage Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_doubtsy View Post
I went on a crazy shopping spree and I've found some "hidden" "checkout-only" deals (it's almost frustrating if you didn't know about it and bought the games separately).

If you buy Darkness Within 2 you get DarkFall lost Souls for the crazy price of 7.50$!

The Whispered World or So Blonde (bought both don't know which one "triggered" the deal) you get Runaway a Twist of Fate for 9.99$!

Darkness Within 1 or Art of Murder 1 you get Sinking Island for 5$

Art of Murder 3 (9.99$) you get Art of Murder 2 for 5$ (or vice versa? I tried and it doesn't work, you get Syberia for 3.75$!)

Diamonds in the rough or AGON you get Still Life 2 for 7.50$

and more!!! Try some combinations. It's fun (and expensive!)

I tried Yoomurjak's Ring but there is no bonus the game is still VERY worth the 10$ tho!!
Either A Vampyre Story or Still Life 2 triggered Still life for 1/4 of normal price.
Bought Sinking Island that way when I added Darkness Within as you pointed out.

And people, I know it's frustrating to buy something that doesn't work right away but every digital distribution service I know has problems when they do a huge sale like that. It sucks and we're entitled to complain, but it's best to try and be patient. The Adventure Shop guys are probably gonads deep in work right now, hopefully most if not all those issues will be solved in the next few days.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #19
professional recluse

I'm afraid this sale tempted me into purchasing way more than I should have--and more adventure games than I've ever bought at once (I'm a one-at-a-time kinda gal). I got The Whispered World and So Blonde and then at the checkout was lured into Runaway: A Twist of Fate as well. Can't afford them really but I'm claiming it's an almost-birthday present to myself--one that'll last the rest of the year since I'm so slow at gameplaying these days.

Now if only they'd download faster! I can't decide what I'll play first.
I like the way colors taste. Except I don't like crimsons... or turquoises... especially when they put their heads in their shells and won't play, and when you break their shells to let them out, they DIE...
Old 06-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaneas297 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with their response. It's frustrating but they are handcuffed under these circumstances.