You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Scary Adventure Games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #141

Try this short online horror game "Hotel 626" , recommended to play by headphones. You can only get into the game after 6pm (though you can change the time on your PC to 6pm to get in). Pretty creepy but I have no clue what you are supposed to do ....yet.

http://www.hotel626.com/

Last edited by marshal99; 06-19-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
Try this short online horror game "Hotel 626" , recommended to play by headphones. You can only get into the game after 6pm (though you can change the time on your PC to 6pm to get in). Pretty creepy but I have no clue what you are supposed to do ....yet.

http://www.hotel626.com/
wow thats sounds cool, but Im too scared to go there

omg apparantly u have to just a webcam and microphone to sing a song to a baby in the game, that is so cool, but sooooooooo scary
Old 06-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemelChelovek View Post
The only other adventure game that managed to scare me was Ben Croshaw's 5 Days a Stranger. That game was so atmospheric, it had me jumping in quite a few places..
I'm so psyched you mentioned this! I love Ben Croshaw's games, particularly 5 Days a Stranger. And the good news is they are all up for free now! You can get the entire series (as well as some of his other stuff) here http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/games.htm. (I sound like a salesman... Apologies. )

I hope he gets the time and budget soon to work out some new games, maybe even something a little more advanced (graphically speaking).

As far as scary adventure games, I'm on the same quest. I've found some that are spooky/creepy, but haven't found one that's really truly scared me yet. Probably the only game I can recommend offhand that I found creepy was Scratches; It really creeped me out when I played it, though I can't say it scared/terrified me. Just made me jump a bit.

((Wow, did not realize this topic has been dead for almost a year... lol Well, maybe my revive will bring about new people with new scary game suggestions!))
Old 06-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
I recomend System Shock 2..
SS2 is undoubtedly the scariest game I've ever played, though more of an RPG/FPS than AG. It is the only game that has ever had me on the edge of my seat, and actually almost falling out of my chair several times. And I think what made it so frightening was the fact that you would go long stretches where nothing would happen other than exploring and then just when you started to relax a bit. Bam!

OMG; those freaking monkeys!

As for AG's. Very few actually scary parts in them. The Lost Crown freaked me out a few times but very rarely gave me an actual scare.

Oh and just noticed this earlier in the thread and I have to agree. Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth is also a very scary game and although not a true AG, does contain a lot of AG elements and the only video game I've played that gives a real Lovecraft vibe.

Last edited by mgeorge; 06-19-2010 at 08:29 PM.