You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure 1st adventure game you played

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #321

I began fairly late with adventures. I think my real first one was Titanic: Adventure Out Of Time
Old 02-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #322
Corley Rider

I don't remember the title, but it was on the C64 and I was way too young to enjoy it, if I remember correctly it took place in some kind of dungeon or mine? The second adventuregame on the other hand got me totaly hooked! BS1 back when it was quite new, so that should probably count as the first.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:20 PM   #323

Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus

It was Amazonia, a Brazilian text adventure for TK-85 (a Brazilian ZX-81 clone), circa 1986!
Old 02-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #324

ahhh, The Secret Of Monkey Island...

I was probably 6 or 7, it was way back before I built my own computer, I stole my dad's for hours on end... I didn't even know what I was doing, nor did I comprehend why I liked the game, short of the slapstick here and there...

speaking of which, I found a full boxed copy at a half priced books chain here in town, I was with my dad at the time and we both kinda smirked and walked on, it was a nice nostalgia/bonding moment for the two of us
Old 02-22-2007, 10:36 AM   #325

Probably the secret of monkey island or Heart of china.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #326
The Quiet One

Mine was Simon the Sorcerer back in the middle of the 90s i think. I remember me and my brother going round a friends house and we used to watch him play it. We loved it so much. The graphics were great at the time and we loved the idea of being in a fantasy dimension where you could talk to characters, collect items and use them. So we ended up buying the double pack from PC World quite a long time ago. I still remember the games running slow on our very first windows pc lol.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #327
Fire Dragon/Pisces

The Incredible HULK on the EP128 back in 1988...
then, much later, LOOM EGA/floppy version on a PC AT286 16-but-overclocked-to-20 Mhz
Old 02-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #328
The Major Grubert.

The original Zork.

Wait, what was the first game, "you are in a maze of twisty passages, all different"? I have a vague memory of playing that.

At any rate, I didn't get hard core until Myst.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:16 PM   #329
Groundhog Ghost

Dizzy the Prince Of Yolk Folk, it was on a Spectrum Z80 Machine.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:58 AM   #330
say yes when nobody asked

I believe the first adventure I played was Zak McKracken on the jolly good olde C-64. The game was brand new at the time, and we spent a lot of time making it through the game. And we had a ton of fun.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #331

I had to look it up to remember what it was called... my first adventure game was Seastalker... one of the "junior" releases from Infocom games. I was 11 and my dad was trying to get me interested in computers (it was 1984, we didn't all greow up with computer knowledge back then.) I managed to get through it, and then he got me HHGttG and all od the Zork games, which I seem to recall I got stuck on. Also back then, I played Fahrenheit 451 from Trillium games, as I recall, you had to collect famous quotations in order to complete a series of events... as a bookworm, I loved that one. Despite that, I didn't play another adventure game until last fall when I friend gave me TLJ. Since then I have become a junky, playing all the classics.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #332

My first game was King's Quest and I played it on the mighty Tandy-1000. I also remember playing Questprobe 2: Spider-Man, but it had graphics, though, I can't find any proof that a version with graphics actually exists.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #333

Hi people!

Dreamfall is the game that made me interested about adventure games (never played any of them before...) I just enjoyed it from the beginning till the end, And for getting started the difficulty was just OK (although at the end it could have been a bit harder and I would have appreciated a bigger variety of puzzles).
After finishing it I asked around what games should I play and tried Syberia, Monkey Islands, now Runaway but I was kinda disappointed because of the point and click systems in every games... Is there any good adventure games out there that has a Dreamfall-like control?

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #334
Super Moderator

Welcome to AG csimpok.

A couple of games that come to mind right away are Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon and Grim Fandango. They both have direct control of the characters. You can either use the keyboard or a gamepad (I used a gamepad on both). I enjoyed both of those games a lot.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:50 AM   #335

Ok thanks. Others mentioned Fahrenheit and Beyond Good and Evil (?) too.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:59 AM   #336

Monkey Island 1. Great game, great memories.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #337

I can't remember what the first adventure game I played on my own was. It might have either been Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max or Loom. The first adventure I watched my dad play was Robin Hood: Conquests of the Longbow.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:34 PM   #338

First was Ultima on my dad's apple 2 plus way back in 81? Not sure on the year, it's been a while. I also had Wizardry and Mystery Fun House.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #339
OB

My first one was Star Trek: 25 Anniversary when it was still new. It was my first ever PC game and took 2.5 hours to install on my monstrous Intel 386SX 25 MHz with 30MB HD and 2 MB RAM.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #340
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
Wait, what was the first game, "you are in a maze of twisty passages, all different"? I have a vague memory of playing that.
Ah, got it, Adventure (otherwise known as Colossal Cave Adventure).