You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Police Quest, King's Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, and Quest of Glory

View Poll Results: What's your favourite Sierra Quest game?
Police Quest 13 9.92%
King's Quest 25 19.08%
Space Quest 24 18.32%
Leisure Suit Larry 28 21.37%
Quest For Glory 29 22.14%
I haven't played a Sierra Quest game 5 3.82%
I don't like any of the Sierra Quest games 6 4.58%
I don't have an opinion 0 0%
HALO 1 0.76%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 04:14 PM   #1

Default Police Quest, King's Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, and Quest of Glory

I had a thread like this on the old forum, but it's gone now so I thought I'd ask it again. What's your favourite Sierra Quest series.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:27 PM   #2

Space Quest for me but Police Quest isn't far behind.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:32 PM   #3

Yeah, I would rank Space Quest first and Police Quest a pretty close second. Also how would you rank the games in the series?

Space Quest:
1. SQ5, 2. SQ4, 3. SQ6, 4. SQ3, 5. SQ1, 6. SQ2

Leisure Suit Larry:
1. LSL6, 2. LSL7, 3. LSL3, 4. LSL5, 5. LSL1, 6. LSL2

Police Quest:
1. PQ4, 2. PQ3, 3. PQ2, 1. PQ1

King's Quest:
1. KQ6, 2. KQ4, 3. KQ5, 4. KQ2, 5. KQ7, 6. KQ1, 7. KQ3

I haven't played much of the Quest for Glory series.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:47 PM   #4
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Space Quest definetely. Who can forget the "Orat-on-a-stick" or the timeless "Monolith Burger". Such imaginative locations.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:16 PM   #5

It was the King's Quest series for me.

The others just did not appeal to me.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:33 PM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

I voted for King's Quest but not for any particular reason. Well okay, the reason is I played all the King's Quest games and when I was young, the day a KQ sequel came out was like Christmas. The other games, I have played some of and enjoyed, but haven't played all of them like I did the KQ games.

I did just get the Quest for Glory collection and QfG5 and am eagerly looking forward to playing them all in order, but I'm gonna wait until Tierra's QfG2 VGA remake comes out (I have already played Sierra's QfG1 remake and I'm too lazy to deal with a text parser...)

emily
Old 04-27-2004, 09:09 PM   #7
Dr Uberman

Shouldn't it be your favourite Sierra games series?

Space Quest, followed by LSL.

And you forgot Gabriel Knight.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:43 PM   #8
Typo Queen

What a tough decision! But definitely King's Quest, followed closely by QFG. As far as the individual games, KQ4, KQ6, PQ4, and QFG5 are among my favorites.

I really need to get the GK games and give them a try. I have played 3 but it was a long time ago and I fear I misjudged it greatly. It was a great storyline and stellar graphics, but because of other circumstances, I sold it short, and let's just leave it at that for now.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:05 AM   #9
Wade

Send a message via Yahoo to wade

I voted for space quest, but I like Gabriel Knight the best with Kings Quest coming in third, and Police Quest coming a real close 4th
Old 04-28-2004, 01:25 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to Cellardoor

Quest for Glory. These games do a perfect of describing a setting and culture, along with rich characters that are never boring to converse with. On top of that, there is a thick layer of humor present... I especially enjoy the use of alliteration in the manuals. 8-)
Old 04-28-2004, 04:33 AM   #11
BigRobot

I chose the Quest for Glory games -- hands down.

I just love being able to approach puzzles and all things in general differently depending upon my character type. QFG4 was the first game in the series I'd played, and after choosing a thief, I was blown away by the many options I was given. If the town's gate was locked for the night, I could just scale the walls and could even burglarize a few of the homes so long as I was careful enough and sneaky.

My next favorite series would probably be the King's Quest games. I, unfortunately, have no experience with the Space Quest games (only played the VGA remake of the original), the Police Quest games I didn't like so much, and while I love the original Larry for its seedyness, the rest don't do it for me so much.

Old 04-28-2004, 08:02 AM   #12
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Gabriel Knight, and I won't vote until it's added ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-28-2004, 08:08 AM   #13
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burge
Shouldn't it be your favourite Sierra games series?

Space Quest, followed by LSL.

And you forgot Gabriel Knight.
No, he specifically said "Quest series"

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 04-28-2004, 08:51 AM   #14
Nothing special

Easily Kings Quest, then Quest for Glory. Never got into the others, and have zero interest in LSL.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM   #15
LA-S-LE

From all of the above my favourite game is Police Quest 3, followed closely by Space Quest 5 and Leasure Suit Larry 6. But as for the whole series, LSL I choose. But, I guess, if there was Gabriel Knight series or Conquest series (Camelot and Longbow), I'd voted for them instead...

By the way, just wonder what LSL series have to do with "Quest" ones?..
Old 04-28-2004, 11:50 AM   #16

quest for glory, baby!
Old 04-28-2004, 11:57 AM   #17
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
No, he specifically said "Quest series"
In that case, why is LSL included?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-28-2004, 12:10 PM   #18
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyWare
In that case, why is LSL included?
Don't ask me, ask him. My only guess is that the LSL series has a very similar feel to the games entitled "Quest". Essentially the same character (in King's Quest, same family) for the games in the series, essentially the same plot structure for all the games in the series, similar conventions, etc. Gabriel Knight (for example) is a much more diverse series, and doesn't really feel like a Sierra Quest to me. But who knows, maybe it was just a mistake. Not my poll.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 04-28-2004, 12:21 PM   #19
fov
Rattenmonster

The Quest games all had a few things in common. All started in the 80s and had a sequel every year or so. All started out with a text parser and evolved into VGA. All started out as short, random stories and evolved into much deeper, mature (er, maybe except for Larry) forms of story-telling. All represented Sierra's humble beginnings as a family-run company that you felt like you knew personally and wished you could work for.

Gabriel Knight doesn't have this in common with the other series. For those who didn't play Sierra games in the 80s, it may not be obvious what the difference is. I love the GK games but they'll never be Quest games to me. Sins of the Fathers couldn't have been such a mature, complex game without the foundation that the Quest games had established. It came out too late and too far ahead in the technology to be in the same category... you could even say it's not a fair comparison, because GK started out above and beyond what the Quest games had to struggle to achieve over a 10-15 year period.

JMHO.

-emily

Heh... the two Google ads at the top of this page are for action games, and prices on a new Nissan Quest.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
Don't ask me, ask him. My only guess is that the LSL series has a very similar feel to the games entitled "Quest".
That's pretty much the reasoning behind this poll. The series feels like a quest series. Games like Gabriel Knight, Laura Bow, and etc don't. If you guys don't like Larry being on the list, don't vote for it.