You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Police Quest, King's Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, and Quest of Glory

View Poll Results: What's your favourite Sierra Quest game?
Police Quest 13 9.92%
King's Quest 25 19.08%
Space Quest 24 18.32%
Leisure Suit Larry 28 21.37%
Quest For Glory 29 22.14%
I haven't played a Sierra Quest game 5 3.82%
I don't like any of the Sierra Quest games 6 4.58%
I don't have an opinion 0 0%
HALO 1 0.76%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2004, 10:07 AM   #41
Hardcore Adventure Ninja!

Those old Sierra games were great. Police Quest III creeped me out tho. So many times I died because I missed to pick up a necessary item before. That kind of gameplay really sucked.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:56 AM   #42
Rookie Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialFreak
I thought PQ4 was the best Police Quest game followed pretty closely by PQ3. PQ4 was pretty atmospheric and had a pretty cool storyline. PQ3 was the best game with the old characters though. I wonder why Sierra dumped the established storyline for the new story in Police Quest 4. (Not that it wasn't good though, it was awesome. )
I'm not saying I didn't like 4.
I do like it a lot - and as you say - it has a very realistic atmosphere.

I just didn't appreciate the characters etc so much.

In number 2,
i really liked all the different things you coul do.
Such as the diving, shooting range, airport stuff.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:11 PM   #43

Definately the Quest for Glory Series. And of those, especially nrs. 1 and 4...
Old 05-24-2004, 11:43 PM   #44

Am I the only one who think QfG 2 is the best in the Quest for Glory-series? My personal favourite is still number one as that was the one I played first and which made me fall in love with the series, but the second one is a better game, I think. The fourth is great too.

...and the fifth, and though the third is far too short, it was a pleasant experience too... there's not a single QfG game that I don't like. So that series is my favourite. I also liked the Police Quest-series, and enjoyed the occational Larry game.

I've got the KQ anthology lying around, and have played all the games, but they're really not what I consider good adventures. Stupid puzzles, virtually no story (in the early ones, at least), stupid instant death sequences,... overall very bad game design.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:55 PM   #45

Send a message via MSN to Cellardoor

QFG2 has a very rich and interesting atmosphere, thanks to the music, characters, dialogue, and graphics. However... I find that the game takes you "by the hand" too often. The plot develops quite linear. Basically, all you do is wait until some kind of event occurs, you respond to it, and then you move on.

It doesn't make the story bad, since it's more like reading a book this way. However, I much more enjoy the unlinearity of the other QFG games, you can mostly do what you want, when you want.

My top 6 QFG games;

QFG4
QFG1 EGA
QFG2
QFG5
QFG3
QFG1 VGA Remake
Old 05-25-2004, 07:48 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellardoor
QFG2 has a very rich and interesting atmosphere, thanks to the music, characters, dialogue, and graphics. However... I find that the game takes you "by the hand" too often. The plot develops quite linear. Basically, all you do is wait until some kind of event occurs, you respond to it, and then you move on.

It doesn't make the story bad, since it's more like reading a book this way. However, I much more enjoy the unlinearity of the other QFG games, you can mostly do what you want, when you want.
You do have a point there, and I agree that one of the best things about the series is the non-linear gameplay and the amount of freedom you get to choose your own path through the game. I love that.

I don't think QfG 2 is all that linear, though. The story kind of moves on in a linear fashion, but you are still free to explore the game world and do whatever you want, at least in the first "half" of the game.

I think QfG 2 had some of the best puzzles in the series. I especially remember the ones in WIT (and the endgame). With modern-day physics engines, I hope to see more puzzles like those in adventure games.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:05 PM   #47
SamNMax

Default Favorite "Quest" Sieres

Space Quest hands down. You can't beat that humor.

Old 08-27-2004, 02:57 PM   #48
Evil Webmaster

Quest for glory ANY day of the week! Yay!
So there you go
Old 08-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #49

KQ.... Easy

Last edited by Captain Blondebeard; 08-27-2004 at 11:48 PM. Reason: LSL wasnt an option before the merged thread.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:55 PM   #50
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Not only have we done this poll before (and recently), but you spelt 'Series' wrong.

Unless it was supposed to be a Sierra/Series word combination .

Anyhows, Out of that lot, Space Quest. But I'm not a big fan of Quest games, tbh. So I voted hALO.

Sorry .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-27-2004, 04:56 PM   #51

OMG TEH HAELO!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE GENERIC SHOOTERS!?#@$

Umm....I chose Space Quest, I'm sure if I grew up during the times they came out, I'd pick King's Quest since it was the most innovative. And Police Quest is a little too realistic for me...
Old 08-27-2004, 07:49 PM   #52
No justice. Only me.

I say King's Quest because without it, we would never have had Rather Dashing, the peasant in short pants.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:14 PM   #53
Disciplined Breakdown

Space Quest. Humour me. Hahahaha.... whatever.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:24 PM   #54
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Not only have we done this poll before (and recently), but you spelt 'Series' wrong.
Since that other thread got bumped up I merged them. Not sure how that affected the poll results.

-emily
Old 08-27-2004, 11:04 PM   #55
Doctor Watson

I once tried King's Quest 1. I pushed a rock, and the game told me that I had been standing on its wrong side, and therefore it rolled over me.

Between voting for "I've never played" and "I dislike the series", I chose the former, because I felt like a kind person for a few seconds.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:44 PM   #56
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Since that other thread got bumped up I merged them. Not sure how that affected the poll results.

-emily
Now I can't vote for Halo

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 08-27-2004, 11:46 PM   #57

I voted LSL as a series but my game list goes as follows:
KQ6
LSL7
GK1
QFG4
Old 08-28-2004, 01:59 AM   #58
Evil Webmaster

Does Leisure Suit Larry actually qualify as a 'Quest' series? I thought it was clearly missing the 'quest' word in his title
So there you go
Old 08-28-2004, 03:52 AM   #59

Leisure Suit Larry, followed closely by or standing next to Police Quest. The first three PQ games though, I just can't bring myself to think of PQ4 as a real PQ game. Don't know why, except from the obvious reasons.

Oh and someone asked what they could do with Sonny Bonds after he already arrested/killed both the Bains brothers/cousins (can't remember)? Well, he's a cop ain't he? It's not as if his career in the police business is over after catching a few crooks? There are tons of things he could be doing, and I don't think Bains absolutely HAVE to be a part of it. In fact, I thought bringing Bains into the third game was overkill actually. But then again, I didn't like PQ3 as much as the first two.

And Leisure Suit Larry is a quest game, the only reason people would question this is because of it's name. If it had a a name like Sex Quest or Love Quest or whatever, it would have considered a quest game with absolutely no questions asked. It's in the same vein and it was released the same time as every other quest game from Sierra.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:14 AM   #60
LucasKeen

Space Quest all the way. I laughed so hard on SQ1VGA and SQ4. The humor in that series is so great. As for my favorites in the series, the VGA update of Space Quest I is my favorite so far (so far because I haven't played #5 and #6 yet). My second-favorite is the CD-ROM version of Space Quest 4, especially listening to the hokey narrator.

The only other series I've played is King's Quest which, with the exception of King's Quest 6 which was highly enjoyable, I found way too "kiddie" and naff, especially King's Quest 5 (the owl ) and King's Quest 7 (the trolls ). Mask of Eternity was so-so. The VGA of remakes of 1 and 2 are really good though. I've also played the ancient version of King's Quest 1, but I don't know what to think of that.

I also played Freddy Pharkas, which was another brilliant adventure game that was highly hilarious and enjoyable, but I suppose that isn't a Sierra series.

Some of my games, like Day of the Alien: Tentacles Ate My Babysitter, Goodbye Monkey Island, and Maniac Mars are at Beyond the Pogo