You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #241

The player character in The 7th Guest is male, something that doesn't become apparent until late in the game. (I would say how you find this out, but that would be spoilery. Not that it has much of a plot ...)

However, Maniac Mansion has two playable female characters - Wendy and Razor.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #242

Overall I thought it was a great list. A few omissions in my opinion but that's more to do with the fact that I prefer horror adventure games and the like and would consider something like Phantasmagoria to be far more worthy of inclusion than dribble like Runaway....heck even Gray Matter or the psedo-adventure Call of Cthulhu: DCOTE is more deserving of inclusion in my opinion. But that's my just opinion.

Still a great list and a nice reminder of some games I've been meaning to play and even a few new ones I'd completely overlooked such as Ripley's: Riddle of Master Lu and Titanic: Adventure out of Time.

And in case no one's mentioned it...hey to the folks over at GOG.com...everything on this list that isn't currently available! Please.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #243
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Great list! I enjoyed reading it all, even if I didn't get a chance til it was all over. I've played 36 of the games on the list, which is more that I thought. I have a few new additions to my list of need to play games. Also a thank you for the excel file and all the graphs. I'd never seen the years laid out like that... very interesting! If I had a lot of time and money, I'd play all the games on the list in order, but I don't so I won't But I am inspired to replay a few and play a few new ones. Maybe I'll play through the top 10...
Old 01-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #244
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I'm pressed for time, so for now I'll confine myself to the women. I count one more than you. Cell (2x), Kate (2x), Pepper, Nancy, Laura, Victoria, April, Zoe, Mina.

EDIT: Oh wait... Victoria must be in the "both" section. Stupid Fien.
EDIT2: But April must be counted twice then. Two female protagonists in Dreamfall.
Was confused of a bit. You mentioned Laura. Let's not forget Lara Croft.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #245
Senior *female* member

You've said it, you're confused. It's fine with me if you want to remember Lara Croft, who is not in AG's top hundred. But Laura is.