You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Good courtroom / police games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #21

What about the Casebook games?
Do they look like the kind of thing you'd like?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:23 AM   #22
Schattenjaeger wannabe

I played the first one. It was pretty good.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #23
Schattenjaeger wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottford View Post
I think it's time for a fan spinoff. For all lawyer-themed-adventure fans who also liked "The Beast Within":

"The Ubergrau Mysteries"!

Hey, one can dream
I do love me some Ubergrau. I would totally dig a spinoff with him.

Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzLr9iPNX10
Old 09-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #24
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1123 View Post
... Huh? You must've completely misread my tone. I was just asking if you liked those other police games you mentioned. (All you said was that they were much worse than the PQ games)
I said they were not nearly as good as *Spycraft*. The PQ games have always been my least favorite Quest adventures, even in the days when I was still a fan of Sierra.

No, this is not about misreading your tone. I usually try to recommend games based on the other person's preferences, not my own. What would be the point of telling you I enjoyed Blue Heat and SFPD a lot, I'm a complete stranger and you're far better off reading reviews. The reason I mentioned those two games is that nobody else will because they are not mainstream and different from more modern police games like Still Life etc, so you can find info and see if you might like to play them.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #25
Third Guy from Andromeda

If you're looking for something obscure, and are ready for something very different, check out the OBJECTION! line of games (www.objection.com). Back about 20 years ago when I had what they now call "Classic Objection!," it was shareware and very inexpensive (that all seems to have changed), and it was advertised in COMPUTER GAMING WORLD. It's a fast-paced courtroom sim, much more detailed and authentic than, for instance, PHOENIX WRIGHT, and it requires you to learn the various criteria for objecting to testimony and apply it in real time. You also have to pay attention to the testimony (and be prepared to pick out the inconsistencies, again in real time), AS you're deciding what you can't object to, what you can object to, and, if so, what grounds you'll use to support your objection. Maybe the game isn't so expensive if it's sold to non law students, you could write to Transmedia and ask them.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1123 View Post
I do love me some Ubergrau. I would totally dig a spinoff with him.

Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzLr9iPNX10
Ha! Never saw that. Absolutely hilarious. Ubergrau is so underrated.