You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dark fall 3: Lost souls

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #41

digital is available. but i decided to go with retail and preordered from amazon.co.uk. its much more reassuring to have a physical copy of the game, eventhough i'll have to wait around 1.5 weeks longer for it, but it should be worth it

and personally i find dark fall and lost crown to be way more scary than anything silent hill has to offer (granted i only played silent hill 2, maybe the other ones are worse). silent hill i found creepy, but in all honesty i couldnt play last crown at night. i had to resort to playing it during the day with sunlight pouring into my room.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #42
Stalker of Britain

I'm debating whether or not to get the digital download or not. I don't like things like Steam where you have to download a downloader from them and stuff. I like just a direct link between me and my game. But the boxed version won't come out for another week... I hope there isn't a difference between the two versions, besides how it gets to you of course.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #43

Send a message via AIM to valypan Send a message via MSN to valypan Send a message via Yahoo to valypan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastebud View Post
and personally i find dark fall and lost crown to be way more scary than anything silent hill has to offer (granted i only played silent hill 2, maybe the other ones are worse). silent hill i found creepy, but in all honesty i couldnt play last crown at night. i had to resort to playing it during the day with sunlight pouring into my room.
Yes I hear ya! What I meant I guess was that I hope Dark Fall 3 is not full of gore and blood, which I personally find upsetting and unnecessary. Lost Crown was very scary but in an elegant, stylish way, so I hope Dark Fall 3 will be the same!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #44

Send a message via AIM to valypan Send a message via MSN to valypan Send a message via Yahoo to valypan

Anyone knows why the game has been delayed to Dec 11? Even though the official webpage does not mention any changes.

Personally I would always wait for the boxed version, even with the delay. The download might mean instant gratification, but the boxed version will give you a much longer satisfaction, I promise you !
Old 12-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #45
Stalker of Britain

True, the digital downloaders sound like "Steam" downloaders, which you have to play your games through that. I really don't want that. I'm not sure what to do! To play now, or wait?!

And do you think the companions are worth getting? I got the first two Dark Fall game companions in the "Pins and Needles" edition, and they were okay, but nothing special. Do you think them worth it to buy?
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
True, the digital downloaders sound like "Steam" downloaders, which you have to play your games through that. I really don't want that. I'm not sure what to do! To play now, or wait?!

And do you think the companions are worth getting? I got the first two Dark Fall game companions in the "Pins and Needles" edition, and they were okay, but nothing special. Do you think them worth it to buy?
I´ve personally always been disappointed about digital downloads when it comes to games. You get the game quicker but in the long run it´s just not the same as having a nice box with booklet and a cd. I have both companions to Dark Fall 1 and 2 and I have used them during the games, both as a help and as background to the story. I really enjoyed them and I think them worth of the small price tag. They are also a very nice touch for only $ 3.49 and I do like the feeling I am supporting an independent game writer

On a note: Downloaded games can not be resold. So if you don´t like the game (which I know it´s impossible with Dark fall, but you never know you can always resell it if you buy the boxed version
Old 12-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastebud View Post
digital is available.
Hmmm... I think I'll go with digital download. Can anyone provide a link? I tried the darkfallgames.com website, but it isn't listed in the "Digital Downloads" section, it's only listed in the "Games on DVD-Rom" section.
Perhaps Steam?

Also, does anyone know if someone who buys the digital download version, can also order the DVD when it becomes available, paying just the manufacturing price and the shipping fare?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframCochrane View Post
Hmmm... I think I'll go with digital download. Can anyone provide a link? I tried the darkfallgames.com website, but it isn't listed in the "Digital Downloads" section, it's only listed in the "Games on DVD-Rom" section.
Perhaps Steam?

Also, does anyone know if someone who buys the digital download version, can also order the DVD when it becomes available, paying just the manufacturing price and the shipping fare?
I can see it available as a digital download at adventure shop . I think the DVD is full price, no matter whether you have the download version or not, but I am not sure about this: just my experience so far.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #49

Why not wait for the boxed version and have it delivered in time to be put under your christmas tree? A gift from you to you
Old 12-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #50
Adventure Shop

Hi Folks,

We just released DARK FALL : LOST SOULS the third and most frightening volume of the popular Dark Fall saga

Have fun.

Damon
Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #51
Stalker of Britain

Hey Zefram- Adventuregamers.com just made a news post about that on the main site...it can be downloaded at Gamersgate and Impulse, also.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #52

Thanks for the info guys ^^
I think I'll get it from the Adventure Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by valypan View Post
Why not wait for the boxed version and have it delivered in time to be put under your christmas tree? A gift from you to you
Hehe... well, don't get me wrong, I do feel the charm of the boxed version!
But I would also like to start playing as soon as possible
That's why I was wondering if it was possible to get a physical copy (obviously paying manufacturing & shipping) after having bought the "digital rights".
Old 12-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #53

Quote:
Hehe... well, don't get me wrong, I do feel the charm of the boxed version!
But I would also like to start playing as soon as possible
That's why I was wondering if it was possible to get a physical copy (obviously paying manufacturing & shipping) after having bought the "digital rights".
I guess I have an overly developed sense of patience. After waiting YEARS for Gray Matter, a few days wait for any game seem like minutes to me hehe
I don´t think the option you wish is available at this time, but maybe in the future. Enjoy Lost Souls and report back your impressions, spoiler-free obviously
Old 12-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #54
Stalker of Britain

God, I like to think I'm the biggest (if not one of them ) fan of Jonathan Boakes, and I've been looking forward to this game like nothing else. I'm literally shaking with anxiousness...I want to buy it now and play it so bad!!!! And yet, I hate downloaders, and I'd like a boxed version. I'm seriously in turmoil, debating with myself whether I can wait or not!!!

And yes Zefram, please tell us your first impressions, without spoilers, please!!! As SOON as you start it, and you can tare yourself away from it!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by valypan View Post
I guess I have an overly developed sense of patience. After waiting YEARS for Gray Matter, a few days wait for any game seem like minutes to me hehe
I don´t think the option you wish is available at this time, but maybe in the future. Enjoy Lost Souls and report back your impressions, spoiler-free obviously
Or perhaps I have an incredibly underdeveloped sense of patience!
Oh well, I'm quite content with a digital copy of the game. Who knows, if the price goes down in a few years, I'll be probably more than happy to re-buy the boxed version! Just for the sake of physically owning it.

I will be happy to report my first impressions. But I'm quite sure that someone with more talent with words will be able to do a much better job at that than myself
And no worries, I'll be absolutely spoiler-free. *nod*
Old 12-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
God, I like to think I'm the biggest (if not one of them ) fan of Jonathan Boakes, and I've been looking forward to this game like nothing else. I'm literally shaking with anxiousness...I want to buy it now and play it so bad!!!! And yet, I hate downloaders, and I'd like a boxed version. I'm seriously in turmoil, debating with myself whether I can wait or not!!!

And yes Zefram, please tell us your first impressions, without spoilers, please!!! As SOON as you start it, and you can tare yourself away from it!
You are one of them I am totally crazy with Jonathan´s games too and am really dying to play Lost Souls! However I know how much detail and love and care has gone into making these games, so I want to honour them by buying the boxed version and enjoy the full package: booklet, cd, cover and the game! For me it just makes it so much more special and these games are totally worth it! But it also depends on what you prefer of course. If you don´t mind downloading games, go ahead and buy it now, but if you kinda dislike downloading games, then hold on and wait for the boxed version. Only a few days now
Old 12-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #57

Quote:
I will be happy to report my first impressions. But I'm quite sure that someone with more talent with words will be able to do a much better job at that than myself
And no worries, I'll be absolutely spoiler-free. *nod*
Well we are not expecting a novel And I personally don´t care about how you phrase your impressions hehe I just want to know if you like the game and if it lives up to its predecessors ) Enjoy!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #58

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I know that, if Gray Matter would be first available as a digital download, I will buy the digital copy and then the boxed version
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 12-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
I know that, if Gray Matter would be first available as a digital download, I will buy the digital copy and then the boxed version
Yes I year ya! But if I bought the digital version first, it would spoil my receiving the boxed version as there is nothing to look forward to , having already played the digital version. So to maximize the pleasure, I await the boxed version.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #60

Default Game Subtitles

I hesitate to buy the game. I need to know if the game has English subtitles. Does it?