Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Dark fall 3: Lost souls (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/25597-dark-fall-3-lost-souls.html)

Big Al 10-04-2009 02:51 PM

Dark fall 3: Lost souls

http://www.darkfallgames.com/

Well what do you think about it, the story and some thing have been updated on the site. I personally find it disappointing to go to the station again. I am hoping to see more action ghost interaction.

Fantasysci5 10-04-2009 03:17 PM

I personally love the idea of going back to the station. And just because we're going back, doesn't mean there won't be any more ghost interaction! The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the way Jonathan will present it. I don't want it to feel like the "Been there-don that", kind of thing. I want it to feel fresh.

tastebud 10-04-2009 08:52 PM

i have both dark fall games, but personally i'm looking forward to the sequel to "lost crown" more. i found it more interesting and scary. but i'll get this one as well

Fantasysci5 10-05-2009 11:22 AM

I do like "The Lost Crown" more, and am eagerly awaiting the sequel, too. The 1st person of the Dark Fall games are just such a vastly different feeling than the 3rd person view of "The Lost Crown".

Mohlin 10-05-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 525607)
I do like "The Lost Crown" more, and am eagerly awaiting the sequel, too. The 1st person of the Dark Fall games are just such a vastly different feeling than the 3rd person view of "The Lost Crown".

You are quite right, Fantasysc, it is much better!! :D
But to be honest, I am too more excited about Last Crown than Lost souls.
(What is he doing by the way, trying to win an award in "most frequent use of the same word in computer game titles?")

terhardp 10-11-2009 11:15 PM

To me, "Lost Crown" is one of the most pleasent suprises among the newer adventure games and I'm eagerly awaiting for the sequel. The game also made me interested in the other works of it's talented author, so I tried the first sequel of the "Dark Fall" series. However, the graphic and the FPS style turned me off for now, but I think I'm going to give this series another chance someday, because I've read several good reviews about it.

markerr 11-05-2009 04:42 AM

Does anyone know the release date of this game? One site said it was to be the 6th of November. Now it seems pushed back 'till the 20th? Hope it's soon

smulan 11-05-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markerr (Post 528145)
Does anyone know the release date of this game? One site said it was to be the 6th of November. Now it seems pushed back 'till the 20th? Hope it's soon

http://www.shadowtorstudios.co.uk/store.htm

markerr 11-06-2009 04:31 AM

Thanks for the link smulan. Much appreciated. Not much longer to wait

Mohlin 11-07-2009 07:48 AM

It is now pre-ordered from Amazon!
(I also bought Return to Ravenhearst)

Yes! Delivery date 17 - 23 nov.

Fantasysci5 11-08-2009 03:24 AM

I don't see a preorder for DF3 on Amazon, and I keep checking back on Shadow Tor's store page every five minutes to see if they've updated it with the preorder option!

I'm on "Pins and Needles" for this! ;) (Bad pun!)

Jelena 11-08-2009 05:00 AM

I'm also eagerly waiting for Dark Fall 3, Bracken Tor and the Last Crown! I've got nothing at all I want to play right now. I tried playing Keepsake but got utterly bored and put it on hold. Possibly for forever.

Fien 11-08-2009 05:02 AM

I think Mohlin is talking about the English amazon. Wasn't it to be released in Great-Britain only, at least for now? I'm not ordering it from amazon, I want to support the developers and amazon.co.uk is not known for their fast delevery times anyway. So I'm also checking the Shadow Tor web site to see if they are finally, finally ready to take preorders. :D

Fien 11-08-2009 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 528357)
I'm also eagerly waiting for Dark Fall 3, Bracken Tor and the Last Crown! I've got nothing at all I want to play right now. I tried playing Keepsake but got utterly bored and put it on hold. Possibly for forever.

Have you tried Machinarium? Definitely not boring. Some pretty hard puzzles too.

Jelena 11-08-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 528360)
Have you tried Machinarium? Definitely not boring. Some pretty hard puzzles too.

I've checked it out and played a little bit from the demo. It looked fantastic. Perhaps it's the answer to my boredom. :)

Mohlin 11-08-2009 05:52 AM

Yes, amazon.uk.

But what do you mean Fien with " I'm not ordering it from amazon, I want to support the developers". Of course the creators will get payed no matter where you buy it from. Delivery time...well.. I have waited a long time now, what is a another day, or week?

Mohlin 11-08-2009 05:58 AM

But you guys living in US, why not order it from Europe? Or is there a problem with custom and taxes and those things?

Fien 11-08-2009 07:22 AM

Sure, the developers get paid, but much less because amazon (or any other party) wants a piece of the cake too.

Amazon.co.uk doesn't deliver games outside Europe. I guess amazon.com is supposed to do that, but there's no American-based publisher yet.

Unlike the British amazon, the German amazon has great service, I'm very pleased with their delivery times. Of course they only sell German games... :frown:

Mohlin 11-08-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 528378)
Sure, the developers get paid, but much less because amazon (or any other party) wants a piece of the cake too.

Are you sure? Don't they just add their profit to the price, i.e a higher price for me?
Also, the problem is that if I buy from US there is a risk that the package gets caught in custom and it will double the price or something. I am not sure here, but if you buy from the site store it is shipped from US, isn't it?

Fien 11-08-2009 07:37 AM

Actually, you're right, I'm not all that sure. :D
It depends on the deal with the publisher, if there is one, and I have no idea what terms Jonathan Boakes has agreed to.

However, it does make a big difference if you're an indie developer like Amanita. You can download their Machinarium on Steam, buy a German/Russian/Italian boxed copy. Or download it from Amanita's own site, which is the most profitable for the developers.