You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Group Full Throttle Playthrough - Now underway!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #81
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddi View Post
*BTW* I guess we are getting pretty close to the end, is it near time to start thinking about what our next playthrough should be?
See the original thread, Adventure Game Club.
If you don't want to play TLE (or Amber), vote!

Last edited by stepurhan; 05-03-2008 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Adding link to AGC thread
Old 05-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #82

Just finished the game. A great ending to a great game. It's too bad there wasn't a sequel. The credits are pretty entertaining to watch. I like the Haiku section. Also be sure to watch until the very end, for a special surprise.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #83

I KNOW you're all playing it... someone must have a save for me It's my avatar, isn't it, you all hate my avatar
Old 05-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #84

I would help you out, but I saved after that point and I've been playing without ScummVM.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:25 AM   #85

I know you would help me... because that's what Psychonauts DO!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #86

Something strange happened when I tried tackling the safe. I'd entered the right combination (I didn't know it was right at the time) and the safe didn't open until I tried it again much much later (after trying all the other combinations among other things). Does anyone know why it didn't originally work?

So I've stopped just after exposing Ripburger. When is the next stopping point? This game has been great!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #87

There's only one more section to play through. Tuesday 6th sound good as a starting point?
Old 05-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #88
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelza View Post
Something strange happened when I tried tackling the safe. I'd entered the right combination (I didn't know it was right at the time) and the safe didn't open until I tried it again much much later (after trying all the other combinations among other things). Does anyone know why it didn't originally work?
Spoiler:
Maybe you didn't click on the small compartment, below the numbers, afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
There's only one more section to play through. Tuesday 6th sound good as a starting point?
There's another starting point? Oops, i've completed it already. I thought starting point 5 was the whole final section.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 05-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
There's another starting point? Oops, i've completed it already. I thought starting point 5 was the whole final section.
Well I've completed it too. I just wrote notes that I'll type up later.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:59 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Spoiler:
Maybe you didn't click on the small compartment, below the numbers, afterwards.
I think you're right! I think I was just going through all the numbers first and then discovered that a bit later! Silly me!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #91
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I just got the game in the mail today. It's a really fun game.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #92

Just finished Full Throttle, was a blast, I really like the soundtrack.. Now I'm working on Indy: Fate of Atlantis in anticipation of Crystal skull!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #93

FULL THROTTLE PLAYTHROUGH - PART VI - ENDGAME
(Don't read if you're still playing through the first, second, third, fourth or fifth sections.)

Full Throttle's been a freakin' awesome ride and this climatic section does not disappoint!
Spoiler:
After the shareholder's meeting Ripburger's on the run, persued by Ben, Mo and the Vultures in what is pretty much an extended chase scene.
The puzzles here are decent and mostly intuitive. I don't really have a problem with the timed stuff. (In fact it may have contributed to the adrenaline rush of the scene, with more at stake for Ben.) The game is pretty forgiving if you mess things up as well, taking you back to a point close to where you were. I got stuck on this part a couple of times, but the solutions to these puzzles made a lot of sense...
Spoiler:
Although I agree with Lucien21's earlier comments about using the items already in your inventory to stop the fan, but it was still pretty fun and a well thought out puzzle getting Ripburger's cane. The entire chase sequence was pretty damn creative. I mean what other game has you trying to stop a plane before crashing into a gorge while battling your nemesis? I liked the hilarious options on the plane's monitor, not to mention the iconic escape on the bike at the end!
I really loved the ending sequence. A very satisfying conclusion to such an awesome story.
Spoiler:
The solidarity of all the bikers at Corley's funeral was great. Corley had been a good friend to these guys and it made sense that they all came together to pay their respects.

Mo and Ben's chemestry was built up so believably in such a short amount of time. The scene where they talked in Mo's limo was excellent. They're in different worlds now -- Ben knows his place, Mo accepts hers. Mo is in her element and was made to run Corley Motors. I get the feeling that the company is definitely in the right hands. It was awesome to see Ben ride off into the sunset, on course for his next adventure!
Some of the other things I loved about this section:
Spoiler:
The "Can't beat a Corley" inscription on the number plate Ripburger stares at before meeting his end... such a freakin' awesome moment. The Vultures. I love those guys! The excellent animation of all the cutscenes! Ben using the remaining bunnies on the fan was amusing too. It was great seeing them make a final appereance at the end of the credits.
Full Throttle is a really short game, but the story it tells is excellent. Amazingly cinematic from beginning to end. The pacing is great too! (Although breaking the game into sections and playing over a couple of weeks instead of hours might have interrupted the pace. The benefit of playing and discussing the game with others more than made up for this, though!) The game's design serves the story well and I didn't get the feeling that obstacles were thrown in just to slow Ben's progress. The game has its problems that are mostly destruction derby related (), but the good most definitely outweighs the bad in my opinion.

It's a shame that Full Throttle didn't get a proper sequel. There were two attempts. Mojo has information and art for Payback, the more traditional follow up that was cancelled. They also have info on Hell on Wheels, the cancelled action follow up that was... less traditional.

I've had an awesome time playing through Full Throttle again! Thanks arrr_matey for suggesting the playthrough, stepurhan for shepherding us through with stop points and the like and everyone else for posting. It's been a unique and fun way to play through the game.

Last edited by D.C.; 05-05-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #94

Well said D.C. I have nothing more to say about 'Full Throttle' as you've summed up pretty much everything.

You've left me with tears in my eyes.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 PM   #95

I'm really torn about this game. On the one hand, it was really funny and original and had good characters. And on the other hand, I found it annoying and frustrating to play.

I think I'd rather have watched a one-hour Full Throttle cartoon than played the game. The cutscenes and art were what I liked about the game. The actual gameplay... not so much.

Too many "puzzles" were just cheap frustration exercises, I thought. Either there's no actual hotspot, or you have to click every millimetre of a wall to find the right spot, or you're fighting the controls during the "action" sequences. I don't know. I was really disappointed playing Full Throttle. It was short. There weren't many locations. Character interaction was minimal. It felt like half a game.

Maybe I had my expectations too high? Maybe my brain wasn't in obscure puzzle-solving mode? Maybe Full Throttle just isn't as good as people remember it?