You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Overclocked/Has anyone played it?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008, 05:03 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh View Post
How do you pull that off?
It's just a background thing, whenever you leave the hotel you see the car parked outside slowly getting towed/destroyed.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #102

Default I loved it

Unfortunately it sounds like it has the same actor doing the voice acting for the lead from the Moment of Silence. Overall I thought it was a fairly superior modern adventure. I liked Culpa Innata better, mostly because it had many more layers. It reminded me a bit of Still Life in terms being extremely linear but very enjoyable.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw2381 View Post
Unfortunately it sounds like it has the same actor doing the voice acting for the lead from the Moment of Silence.
It's pretty much the same cast entirely.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:23 AM   #104

I played out the english version, a very good story and a very good game!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:27 AM   #105

I played too and i enjoyed it very much... I was so curious to find out what happened that i keep playing for hours :-)
Old 07-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #106

The most interesting thing about the game to me was phoning the wife - I never really wanted to do it, since the protagonist was clearly just going to emotionally wound her again, but you could see why he'd need to do it almost every time he calls. That was much more interesting to me than any of the conspiracy nonsense.

The only other moment in any game I've ever played that made me so uncomfortable was in 'Barrow Hill'...
Spoiler:
When the main character ditches his dad to sleep with the poorly drawn out love interest. It sucked not to get to make the choice of what to do. Between that and his bizarre death at the end, that was a weirdly structured game.

Unfortunately, it ended up a bit like 'Phantasmagoria II'...

Spoiler:
...where it all ends up being the fault of aliens/a grand conspiracy, so you're just an innocent victim instead of a genuinely disturbed character.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #107

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

I really disliked the Terry character. I realise he was meant to come across as a friend who had grown distant, but to me he seemed like a smug self righteous ass. I'd really like to know what the end means.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #108
Stalker of Britain

Okay, two things about this alright game.

First, every time before a cut-scene would come on, my coputer would freeze for seriously a few minutes, and then continue. It never crashed, just had HORRIBLE lag. I have good graphics and everything, so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my computer or something.

Second, and more importantly, I have one question about this game...
Spoiler:
Who was the person that shot up the doors in the compound that freaked everyone out?!
I just didn't get that part. And the ending
Spoiler:
were the police coming for Dave since he "kidnapped/put at gun point" Dr. Young. What did Jonthan do? What would happen to those kids?! lol Just it's really killing me...
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 10-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #109
LGH

Concerning your first question:

Spoiler:
I think that was part of the experiment. To increase the subjects' fear and thereby their disposition for aggressiveness.

About the ending:

Spoiler:
I think the scene with the police car is intended to be ambiguous You could say that it is just normal that the police wants to ask some questions in order to bring light into all the events. But if you like conspirations, you could also argue that the authorities still want to prevent the truth from coming out. And you may even question if your wife is REALLY on your side right now

I love it to end the story there, and to leave the rest to our imagination...
Old 10-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #110
Stalker of Britain

Thanks. And I agree with your first answer a lot. It probably needed a stimulus event to motivate them into it. Good idea.

Spoiler:
I like to think his wife is finally on his side, maybe understanding things, so they are finally back together before he may go to jail. I do believe the government is still going to try and keep this quiet. But where did the rest of the kids go? And why did they kill Moretti?!?! He was one of my favorite characters. I didn't see why the government couldn't just tell him to back off the assignment. No, they had to kill him...why?! :'( lol And I could have sworn the way it was palyed out, that Terry and Dave's wife were having an affair. "I'm taking care of her"...sure you are. There was just something about Terry I didn't like...AT ALL!!!
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 10-04-2008, 11:17 PM   #111
LGH

Yep. If you have friends like him, you don't need ennemies
Old 10-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #112

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Thanks. And I agree with your first answer a lot. It probably needed a stimulus event to motivate them into it. Good idea.

Spoiler:
I like to think his wife is finally on his side, maybe understanding things, so they are finally back together before he may go to jail. I do believe the government is still going to try and keep this quiet. But where did the rest of the kids go? And why did they kill Moretti?!?! He was one of my favorite characters. I didn't see why the government couldn't just tell him to back off the assignment. No, they had to kill him...why?! :'( lol And I could have sworn the way it was palyed out, that Terry and Dave's wife were having an affair. "I'm taking care of her"...sure you are. There was just something about Terry I didn't like...AT ALL!!!
Spoiler:
I don't think govt knew much. It was a army+drug company or drug company alone which was doing this.

Rest of the kids got freed. They got their memories back & the brains into senses, except for the one who died.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #113
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Spoiler:
I don't think govt knew much. It was a army+drug company or drug company alone which was doing this.

Rest of the kids got freed. They got their memories back & the brains into senses, except for the one who died.
Spoiler:
Drug company? I thought it was only the army involved. Did I miss something?! I know drugs probably had to be in there somewhere for the simulator to "take control" of them, but I don't remember how they got into it.

So why DID the army kill, Morretti? :'( I loved him. And quick question. Cliff said the doctor and another familiar guy was arguing. Who? The "drug representative"? Or one of the otehr guy patients? And I kind of doubt Laura just killed herself, like Dave said it came out of nowhere. Did the doctor kill her, because she was going to tell Dave about how this started the next day?!

Sorry I'm so stupid!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:13 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFlesh View Post
The only other moment in any game I've ever played that made me so uncomfortable was in 'Barrow Hill'...
Spoiler:
When the main character ditches his dad to sleep with the poorly drawn out love interest. It sucked not to get to make the choice of what to do. Between that and his bizarre death at the end, that was a weirdly structured game.
That was Shady Brook, not Barrow Hill.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:43 AM   #115
Stalker of Britain

Barrow Hill? Where?! lol I love that game. Way off topic, but I've actually "met" and talked to Emma Harry. One of my best friends.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #116

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Quote:
Spoiler:
Drug company? I thought it was only the army involved. Did I miss something?! I know drugs probably had to be in there somewhere for the simulator to "take control" of them, but I don't remember how they got into it.

So why DID the army kill, Morretti? :'( I loved him. And quick question. Cliff said the doctor and another familiar guy was arguing. Who? The "drug representative"? Or one of the otehr guy patients? And I kind of doubt Laura just killed herself, like Dave said it came out of nowhere. Did the doctor kill her, because she was going to tell Dave about how this started the next day?!

Sorry I'm so stupid!
Oh sorry I am confused between couple of stories and this game. Guess I need a therapy. Its the army & the computer software. But AFAIR there was a mention of a drug company.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #117
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFlesh View Post
Unfortunately, it ended up a bit like 'Phantasmagoria II'...

Spoiler:
...where it all ends up being the fault of aliens/a grand conspiracy, so you're just an innocent victim instead of a genuinely disturbed character.
Spoiler:
Ummm, no not really. The protagonist was apart of what was going on. If you listened and understood the story. Everything that went on was related to his experience in the army. Hence 'Combat Simulator'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGH View Post
Concerning your first question:

Spoiler:
I think that was part of the experiment. To increase the subjects' fear and thereby their disposition for aggressiveness.

About the ending:

Spoiler:
I think the scene with the police car is intended to be ambiguous You could say that it is just normal that the police wants to ask some questions in order to bring light into all the events. But if you like conspirations, you could also argue that the authorities still want to prevent the truth from coming out. And you may even question if your wife is REALLY on your side right now

I love it to end the story there, and to leave the rest to our imagination...
EXACTLY! Absolutely how I felt. It was a game that worded things in a way that your imagination could play a role.

Quote:
Spoiler:
And why did they kill Moretti?!?! He was one of my favorite characters. I didn't see why the government couldn't just tell him to back off the assignment. No, they had to kill him...why?! :'( lol And I could have sworn the way it was palyed out, that Terry and Dave's wife were having an affair. "I'm taking care of her"...sure you are. There was just something about Terry I didn't like...AT ALL!!!
Spoiler:
If you listened to the story, the company that did this was funded by the government. So the government had no DIRECT control. Now tell me. What mobster would tell a cop to back off if they know too much? They wouldn't. They'd wack'm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:

Sorry I'm so stupid!
Spoiler:
It isn't the army. Its a government funded company. The army has no direct control. This happens all the time over the world. Independent companies are funded for research thats nature is in the funders ebst interest.