You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Games you wished they had made a sequel to

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 04:15 AM   #61
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

The next real Larry game should be LSL9: *something* because LSL8:Lust in space got lost in space.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:26 AM   #62

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue View Post
As dantebk already wrote, Larry 8 was to be called Lust In Space, and continue from where LSL7: Love For Sail left off. Anyone who've played the game knows what I'm talking about.
I did, but it was like ten years ago. I just want them to repair everything they did beyond Larry III.

Last edited by JemyM; 03-01-2007 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:50 PM   #63
marsan

I really wish they had made a The Journeyman Project 4. The third and second game was so great. Arthur cracks me up. Come back little guy, we(or at least I) miss you!

Arthur: Help! I'm feeling claustrophobic. hmm... that can't be, I live inside your helmet. Maybe I am feeling santa claustrophobic? you know, the fear of getting stuck in chimney sized wells.

Arthur: A Cloud Piercer. The name sounds ominous but I have my own cloud piercer. It's called a 'smile.'

Arthur: First the clouds are getting pierced, then tatooed, then joining grunge bands and in the end it all leads to smoking.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #64

Send a message via MSN to Snatcher42

Dreamfa- Oh wait...
Old 03-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #65
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
If this is only about adventure games, then I'd say TLJ/Dreamfall needs a third part of course. (Though I still haven't started Dreamfall, but I've heard that it hasn't got an exactly clear ending...)
Yay, one wish granted.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #66
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Joshua View Post
And of course another Gabriel Knight. (But something I've always wanted was for them to make a "prequel" starring Wolfgang in his earlier days).
That could be cool. Or maybe go even further back and set a game around a schattenjaeger case in the early modern europe time period...
Old 03-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #67
Wading down the amazon

Send a message via MSN to makini

A sequel to Amerzone - oh what a dream. I've been wanting a sequel since I completed it.... It's such a great game, that really gives place for followup!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:53 PM   #68
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

You know, I think Obsidian is actually a great chose. If you remember the ending there was foreshadowing to a sequel, and then the developers kept talking about making one if the game sold well. Apparently they cut out a lot of "awesome" ideas and decided to save them for the sequel.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #69

I could always use a new Indiana Jones (pure adventure, of course), a new Monkey Island (although it would probably suck), a new Simon the Sorcerer (goody), and a new Legend of Kyrandia.

Otherwise, well, I'm not too keen on sequel. For example, I would hate to see Grim Fandango 2, or Still Life 2, because these games are self contained.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #70
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva View Post
and Dreamfall ALSO needs a sequel because we just got half a game! Still love TLJ series though, wish they would make a sequel soon.
Careful what you wish for, huh?
Old 03-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #71

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Lost In Time
Old 03-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #72

Gabriel Knight 4
Still Life 2

Will there ever be a sequel to any of those two though? Both of them seem unlikely...I hope at least one of them gets a sequel soon though..
Old 03-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #73
Kung Fu Code Poet

Hoping for more original content. Fewer sequels, spin-offs, tie-ins etc.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #74
Lost.

Toonstruck. Ending it on that cliff hanger was just mean.

I always want my Monkey Island 5. LSL8 wouldn't be bad either if it was like LSL7 instead of... the bastard child we have now.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 AM   #75

Bad Mojo I know they made Bad Mojo Redux but I never played it, this was a fun game and remined me of the great movie Joe's apartment.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:52 PM   #76
Passion Adventurist

Send a message via MSN to Hysteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Im surprised no one has mentioned Still Life. That game needs a sequel to finish the story.
Agreed.
Anyone have some news?
Old 03-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #77
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Monkey Iisland 5 - obviously, I liked MI1-4, even though many disown 3 & 4.

Kings Quest 9
- Because the KQ series has a lot of potential & rich background story to make a awsome game.

Quest for Glory 6 - Because the QFG series are the best games I ever played in my whole life and Im madly in love with the QFG mythology. (I don't care if QFG5 was ment to be the last, RPGs are still huge these days and playing as a different character in the QFG universe like Erana, would blow my mind.)

Space Quest 7 - Because we need classic humour back in games, and SQ was my first love in gamming.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #78
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
Agreed.
Anyone have some news?
Welcome to AG Hysteria.

Still Life gets mentioned here often. There have been many discussions on here about a sequel and the conclusion that gets reached is that it won't happen. There's always lots of speculation, what ifs, etc. but the company that made Still Life is out of business.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:45 PM   #79
Passion Adventurist

Send a message via MSN to Hysteria

Thank you, Melanie68.
Yeah, I have noticed they are out of business since we have no news... It's a shame. But, oh, well, there is a lot of games waiting to be played.
Because of Still Life, I've got Post Mortem. I've played a little bit, but, when I'm not interested, I'm not. So, I didn't continue... Maybe one day.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #80
Coltrane

They should've made more "Conquest of.."-games. Like Conquest of Rome in a Shadow of Rome-style or something like that, but with the gameplay of the Conquest-games.
Currently reading: The Name of the Rose