Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Games you wished they had made a sequel to (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/19000-games-you-wished-they-had-made-sequel.html)

Briton 02-24-2007 02:17 AM

Games you wished they had made a sequel to

Title says it all really. Just post a game you wished they had made a sequel to and then argue its case. Try not to include many spoilers.

I personally would love another Discworld game. I'm a fan of the books so I enjoyed Discworld 1, 2 and Noir for that reason, but I also think they are pretty good adventures in their own right. Discworld Noir actually finished quite well, but I think more of Lewton's story remains to be told like maybe the full details of how he was kicked out of the Watch. I also really loved the format of getting clues then deducing things by looking at crime scenes.

LeisureSuitedLooney 02-24-2007 03:06 AM

I would've loved to have seen a third Shivers game. Something with the open-ended exploration of the first game, combined with the number of characters/subplots of the second game. And another Zork game would be fun, I loved those.

MartyMcFly 02-24-2007 03:45 AM

I haven't posted on here in ages, but two games i always really wanted sequels for where the feeble files, and grim fandango.
If simon the sorceror is still going, why isn't feeble? The ending just cried out for an elaboration.
And grim fandango was such a good game, i always thought a sequel where Manny has to come back to the land of the dead years later, and theres something going really wrong, would have been fantastic. Revisiting the office and everything has changed, Glotis in a different profession perhaps...But i know these two things will never happen.

MdaG 02-24-2007 03:59 AM

I'd like to know what happened after the events of The Dig.

colpet 02-24-2007 04:26 AM

The Forgotten
Obsidian
Neverhood

Oh, and I'll always wish that there were more Gabriel Knight and Myst games.

AprilLives 02-24-2007 04:28 AM

I’d like to see a continuation of my three favorite games that did become series:

Syberia 3 needs to be made with the focus on Kate’s potential now that Hans’ dreams are fulfilled

Riven 2 needs to be made with the original cast (albeit much older) and a fresh face. Although the follow ups were all good quality games, changed actors and production team failed to communicate the Riven mystic.

TLJ 2 needs to be made. Although one of the better adventure games of 2006, Df seems unrelated to TLJ fundamentally.

It’s almost certain none of the above will be done, however.

aries323 02-24-2007 04:36 AM

I would like to a sequel to the Zork series, too. As well as a third Shivers game, along with a third installment of the Syberia games...

Dasilva 02-24-2007 05:06 AM

The Longest Journey 1 needs a proper sequel, Dreamfall is a spin-off really, and Dreamfall ALSO needs a sequel because we just got half a game! Still love TLJ series though, wish they would make a sequel soon.

Hamham Chan 02-24-2007 05:17 AM

King's Quest.
Come back, Roberta Williams, all is forgiven. :\

Leo 02-24-2007 07:55 AM

Im surprised no one has mentioned Still Life. That game needs a sequel to finish the story.

Sage 02-24-2007 08:14 AM

Obsidian

The "Zork" series

Fairygdmther 02-24-2007 09:42 AM

Obsidian, definitely!

Spike 02-24-2007 10:13 AM

:D Still Life...(There I've mentioned it..) :D

Syberia 3...Just to get Kate out of the middle of No-where, where Hans left her without a thanks for your help and just bogged off with his mammoths.

Actually, I could be here all night lisiting games to should have had sequels...

So, any game that needed a sequel to finish a story left up in the air for one reason or another.

Spike.....:)

CrimsonBlue 02-24-2007 10:37 AM

Monkey Island 2

:D

brentsmith07 02-24-2007 11:29 AM

I wish Full Throttle 2 never got canceled(my case: Full Throttle is badass), and Still Life isn't crying out for a sequel....it needs a sequel...(my case: the ending)

and I would love love love love to no end a continuation of Gabriel Knight

Kurufinwe 02-24-2007 11:35 AM

I usually consider that sequels are evil and should never happen, especially when the story is finished and needs no further developments.

But I want to see Tex back!!! :\

mrdriller 02-24-2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurufinwe (Post 393711)

But I want to see Tex back!!! :\

Agreed. I'd love to see a new Tex Murphy game.

BerserkerTails 02-24-2007 11:48 AM

Need a new Tex Murphy game, PLEASE! Oh, and Snatcher. That game was so great, and ended with a perfect lead up into a sequel. There are, however, rumours that "Project S" that Hideo Kojima is designing right now for the Wii with Sudi 51 (The guy who designed "Killer 7") is a Snatcher sequel...

Squinky 02-24-2007 12:00 PM

Toonstruck.

Dasilva 02-24-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky (Post 393717)
Toonstruck.

Tell me about it, that was a wacky game. :D