Still life site back up ? - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Still life site back up ?


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 302
Default Still life site back up ?

If you were to go to the official Still Life site it would never develope. Now when you go to it, it says that the site is "under constraction" !!! Can you believe it ? This is a GREAT sign !!!!! I don't want my imagination to carry me off, but this gave me alot of hope for Still Life 2. Maybe, by now, Ubisoft bought the rights to the game

http://www.stilllife-game.com/

P.S. Sorry if the news is late.
nl4m is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
DEMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: KE, SVK
Posts: 223
Default

wow, I do believe you are right
I would love to see another Still Life
DEMON is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
Psychonaut
 
Lucien21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 5,114
Default

If it was a sequel it would have a 2 in the title.

I seriously doubt there will be another one.
__________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Lucien21 is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Tiocfaidh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Graz
Posts: 335
Default

*Fingers crossed*


but I seriously doubt it
Tiocfaidh is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
It's Hard To Be Humble
 
Lee in Limbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,557
Default

Now that would be really cool. I really enjoyed that game, and would love to see the story continued, or at least finished. Heck, even getting a functioning website up that helps to get some closure on the original game would be good at this point. But a sequel would be optimal.
__________________
Lee Edward McImoyle,
Author
Smashwords eBooks
Lee in Limbo is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
QFG
Senior Member
 
QFG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Damascus, MD
Posts: 515
Default

BIG time doubt it.

There are many options here besides a return of the original site. The lease on the still-life.com name could've run out, and that's the standard message for all websites on that server / etc. Or it could've been bought by a collective of artists who sell still life oil paintings. I mean, really, the possibilities are enormous.

There is really zero evidence that it's the original developers / designers / anyone related to the adventure game we're thinking of. We're going in with a biased point of view.

Let's hope, though, if a sequal DOES occur, that it somehow concludes the botch-job of an "ending" that the first iteration made us suffer through.
QFG is offline  
Old 01-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #7
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 302
Default

^ I don't know much about business. But I don't think it would be likely that an oil painting seller would buy a site with the name "still life game" in it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiocfaidh View Post
*Fingers crossed*


but I seriously doubt it

Yes, but considering that we had no news from the game maker. The site coming back up is the next best thing. To me it means that the storyline was sold and things are getting back on track. A site to come back to work after 2 years (?) has to mean something good.

The shocking part is that I found it on the *first* page on google.com It most be getting popular.

Last edited by nl4m; 01-17-2007 at 03:07 PM.
nl4m is offline  
Old 01-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFG View Post
There is really zero evidence that it's the original developers / designers / anyone related to the adventure game we're thinking of. We're going in with a biased point of view.
Actually, if you do a whois search (at http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/) there's pretty good evidence. The domain is registered to Microids in Montreal and doesn't expire until 04-Feb-2008. Let's hope a possible sequel has better writing than the first game (I don't care if they didn't have money to finish it - I saw no indications throughout the game that the developers had any idea of where the story was going).
GarageGothic is offline  
Old 01-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10
Default

Even if there isn't much evidence from the site, it has raised my hopes a little. There really should be a sequel that finally concludes what happened in the first game and keep some of the elements that made the first game so great.
ScarletFiend is offline  
Old 01-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Nautilus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 239
Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus
Default

Don't be fooled. All Microids websites are down for months now (including Syberia websites, etc):
http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...d.php?p=365918

Whitebirds Productions (Syberia developers) has answered my email about that, saying they can't do nothing about that. Ubisoft (Microids owner) don't have any interests in adventure games anymore, nor any old Microids titles.

These sites are gone forever.
Nautilus is offline  
Old 01-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #11
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 302
Default

Thank you GarageGothic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
Don't be fooled. All Microids websites are down for months now (including Syberia websites, etc):
http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...d.php?p=365918

Whitebirds Productions (Syberia developers) has answered my email about that, saying they can't do nothing about that. Ubisoft (Microids owner) don't have any interests in adventure games anymore, nor any old Microids titles.

These sites are gone forever.
Ubisoft is into adventure gaming. They were the ones that made the most famous adventure game ever, Myst. They were the one that made "Stupid invaders", too. What sounds weird to me is that someone would update their website just to lie that it was under constraction. The other weird thing is that Ubisoft DOESN'T own the "Still life" franchise. I think that Microids (France) owns it, or maybe the game maker himself. The only thing I heard from Ubisoft was that them bought the name "Microids". Not the games.

Or maybe The Adventure Company bought the game themselves. Maybe someone bought it, anyone.
nl4m is offline  
Old 01-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #12
Member
 
nihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 66
Default

Anaconda/DTP is publishing a new Special Edition of Still Life in Germany the next weeks, although they were not the original distributor here if I remember correctly. Maybe they plan something :-)










(yes, I like rumours :-) )
__________________
http://www.nacht-und-nebel.org
nihil is offline  
Old 01-19-2007, 03:55 PM   #13
Slim Shady
 
Solid Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl4m View Post
Thank you GarageGothic.




Ubisoft is into adventure gaming. They were the ones that made the most famous adventure game ever, Myst. They were the one that made "Stupid invaders", too. What sounds weird to me is that someone would update their website just to lie that it was under constraction. The other weird thing is that Ubisoft DOESN'T own the "Still life" franchise. I think that Microids (France) owns it, or maybe the game maker himself. The only thing I heard from Ubisoft was that them bought the name "Microids". Not the games.

Or maybe The Adventure Company bought the game themselves. Maybe someone bought it, anyone.

You're all wrong.Stupid Invaders is made by Xilam and Myst is made by Cyan Worlds.Ubisoft just published these games and it's not into adventure games at all.Also the games' rights are also belong to Ubisoft with the company.By the way Myst is definitely not the "most famous adventure game ever".
__________________
I’m gonna make you hate me cause you ain’t me.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 01-19-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Solid Snake is offline  
Old 01-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #14
Hopeful skeptic
 
Jackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
You're all wrong.Stupid Invaders is made by Xilam and Myst is made by Cyan Worlds.Ubisoft just published these games and it's not into adventure games at all.Also the games' rights are also belong to Ubisoft with the company.By the way Myst is definitely not the "most famous adventure game ever".
Ubisoft did develop Myst 4, and since they actually fund the adventures they publish, they have far more right than most publishers to declare themselves "into" adventures over the last few years.

And I don't even think it's debatable that Myst is the most famous adventure ever. Nothing else even comes close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageGothic
The domain is registered to Microids in Montreal and doesn't expire until 04-Feb-2008.
Since that studio no longer exists, it's no evidence of a sequel even if they were privately trying to support the original game by reviving the website. It'd be nice if the latter were true, however, since the game is still readily available.
Jackal is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 12:54 AM   #15
Member
 
Stalin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 56
Default

the Microids site - www.microids.com also states Web Site Under Construction nad the domain expires 27-Feb-2008 .The Syberia 2 site - www.syberia2.info also states Web Site Under Construction and the domain expires 19 Aug. 2008 . The Microids site database was last updated ot 22 Dec. 2006.The Syberia 2 site database was last updated 30 Oct. 2006.I do not know what that is supposed to mean , but I hope it is something good .
Stalin
Stalin is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 01:03 AM   #16
Member
 
charmed23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 63
Default

Stalin, thanks for the info. Ya, I really wonder who updated those sites' database and what for.
__________________
My Love: Zoe Castillo & Lara Croft
charmed23 is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 03:38 AM   #17
Slim Shady
 
Solid Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Ubisoft did develop Myst 4, and since they actually fund the adventures they publish, they have far more right than most publishers to declare themselves "into" adventures over the last few years.

And I don't even think it's debatable that Myst is the most famous adventure ever. Nothing else even comes close.
I meant the first Myst game you smartass.Monkey Island is definitely more famous than Myst, capiche?
__________________
I’m gonna make you hate me cause you ain’t me.
Solid Snake is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 04:39 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Kurufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 3,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
Monkey Island is definitely more famous than Myst
For what it's worth, the Internet seems to think otherwise.

(and in case anyone's wondering, the tone's not appropriate, regardless of who's being addressed; but we're dealing with that in private)
__________________
Currently reading: Dune (F. Herbert)
Recently finished: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (J. K. Rowling) [++], La Nuit des Temps (R. Barjavel) [+++]
Currently playing: Skyrim
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Kurufinwe is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 07:09 AM   #19
Hopeful skeptic
 
Jackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
I meant the first Myst game you smartass.
Attitude aside, to clarify for the equally misinformed, I didn't say you weren't talking about the first Myst, did I? I was simply correcting your point about Ubisoft not being "into adventure games at all." Unless of course you think developing Myst 4 and funding others is a sign of their apathy towards the genre.

Quote:
Monkey Island is definitely more famous than Myst, capiche?
Not even close. Not in name recognition, not in sales, not in longevity, not in any noteworthy way. And that's ignoring the fact that "Monkey Island" is a series, not a game.

Anyway, since Ubisoft (nor Myst or Monkey Island) has nothing to do with the future of Still Life, back to our regularly scheduled programming now.
Jackal is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #20
Banned User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
For what it's worth, the Internet seems to think otherwise.

(and in case anyone's wondering, the tone's not appropriate, regardless of who's being addressed; but we're dealing with that in private)
Yeah, that’s not really relevant at all. The last monkey island was years ago; so few people have reason to google it now-a-days. Plus, anyone that was googling either game would just be looking for hints anyhow, so the only thing it might prove is that Myst is the harder game, if that.

However, I wouldn’t doubt that Myst was more popular, on a worldwide scale. Very artsy, if you like that kind of thing.
sodapop is offline  
 



Thread Tools

 


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.