You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Help me, Adventure Gamers! (looking for sci-fi game)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #21
Codger

I might be tempted to throw REAH into the mix. It might not be cyberpunk, but it is certainly sci-fi with very little, if any humor. I'd go for the DVD version if it can be found. The endless disk swapping in the CD version was a major distraction.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #22
Codger

Let me add Dark Side of the Moon to the list
Old 03-07-2006, 06:04 AM   #23
Staff Member

Cyberpunk your thang? Definitely play Neuromancer, then.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:40 AM   #24
Artist

Send a message via AIM to TekXombie Send a message via MSN to TekXombie Send a message via Yahoo to TekXombie
Default Anachronox

Hey,

I'm going out on a limb here but if you enjoy Sci Fi games I really think you should check out Anachronox. It's a Tom Hall game that came out several years ago, it's got rpg elements but in my eyes it seriously was one of the best Sci Fi adventure games I'd ever played. Honestly, check it out.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/anachronox/
http://www.planetanachronox.com
Old 03-10-2006, 08:25 AM   #25

Thanks, guys.

I hunted Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy and I like it *very much* so far. Too bad the game is really old and the voices, music are recorded in shitty quality... bah, game is at least good and *exactly* what I was looking for.

BTW anyone knows if there is a sequel to The Moment of Silence being made?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:26 AM   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borys
anyone knows if there is a sequel to The Moment of Silence being made?
Not presently, there isn't. House of Tales are currently working on Overclocked.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:28 AM   #27

Quote:
Dreamweb, Rise of the Dragon, Angel Devoid, The Uncertainty Machine, Orion Conspiracy, BloodNet, B.A.T., The Koshan Conspiracy (B.A.T. 2), The Dead City, Zero Critical, Johnny Mnemonic...
Thanks man, I'm checking those games on review sites and GOD DAMN... I think I played Dreamweb on Amiga, or at least I launched it once... I must obtain it now... MUST...
Old 03-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #28
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borys
Thanks man, I'm checking those games on review sites and GOD DAMN... I think I played Dreamweb on Amiga, or at least I launched it once... I must obtain it now... MUST...
Well, happy hunting. Most are worth the effort involved in tracking them down.

I know several places where you can get some of them, but... I believe talking about it is generally shunned around here.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #29

Im actually also looking for thoose kinds of sci-fi adventure games.
i recently completed Moment Of Silence. Which is now my all-time favorite adventure game. I just loved the story, "Conspiracy, future, story"
(i would LOVE to see a sequel)

Anyways, i also remember playing Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy "back" in the days. Which i also enjoyed alot!

I've been searching for some time now, looking for a scifi adventure with conspiracy / future setting. But i havent seen anything really interesting yet.

If anyone out there, has a hidden gem. Then please fire away

(please, someone make a Moment Of Silence movie!)

by the way, im not really into thoose really old games. So if you guys have some suggestions, it would be cool if it was made after year 2000
Old 04-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #30

I want to mention Culpa Innata, a good received sci-fi adventure. Next I'd like to mention the old Scyndicate series which are way up in cyberpunk lane.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:08 AM   #31

Culpa Innata looks pretty good. I'll give that a try!

Thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #32
Fulci lives

Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy has been mentioned a lot in this thread. I gotta agree that its a great game.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonax View Post
I want to mention Culpa Innata, a good received sci-fi adventure. Next I'd like to mention the old Scyndicate series which are way up in cyberpunk lane.
Man, Syndicate brings me back! What an awesome game. One of the first non-adventures I really got into.

Also gotta love the Manhunter games. Not as much cyberpunk as dystopian, but they're excellent games (even though they're pretty obsolete).
Old 04-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borys View Post
I think I played Dreamweb on Amiga, or at least I launched it once... I must obtain it now... MUST...
Its worth getting a copy with the original box. The game comes with a book, "diary of a madman" which is printed like a hand-scrawled diary and is pretty awesome. Its a cool read and sets the mood of the game brilliantly. There are some notes in the diary which you'll need to complete the game also.

Still, great game. Can't think of many adventure games where your mission is to murder people to satisfy the creepy robed dream men.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #35

Quote:
I've been searching for some time now, looking for a scifi adventure with conspiracy / future setting. But i havent seen anything really interesting yet.
There is an old game called Synnergist that might be up your alley, although it's set in 2010, 1996's future. But, it looks very dated unfortunately. Then of course Blade Runner
Old 04-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #36
She Wants Revenge

Culpa Innata rocked. Can't wait for the sequel, the release date just seems to escape further and further...

Another recent and good sci-fi adventure was Perry Rhodan.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #37

Nikopol: Secrets of the immortals
Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #38
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Holy thread resurrection, Batman.