You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Any text adventure games with dialogue/moral choices and a branching storyline?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #1

Default Any text adventure games with dialogue/moral choices and a branching storyline?

One of my favorite text adventure games was "the barren" because it allowed player choice to affect the plot. It had dialogue trees,real choices and multiple endings. Are there any other interactive fictions or text adventures that would fit this discription? I haven't really been able to find any.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
Schattenjäger

have you played ever 17? I recently finished it and its quite a trip. Theres 11 different endings. You need to get the 4 "good" endings before you can unlock a special 5th ending with new dialogue options and an overall explanation of the plot. Its a japanese interactive fiction game, and the translation is not perfect. But its a really interesting story thatl have you more intrigued with everytime you play through.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #3
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Galatea by Emily Short is a cool short game that is almost entirely dialogue driven and has multiple outcomes. But besides the dialogue choices you are very limited in what you can do.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #4
Pervect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
Galatea by Emily Short is a cool short game that is almost entirely dialogue driven and has multiple outcomes. But besides the dialogue choices you are very limited in what you can do.
I find Galatea to be utterly disappointing.
It is too short and has very little interactivity.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #5

Default http://www.adventuregamers.com/openx/www/delivery/ck.php?oaparams=2__bannerid=195__zo

it wasnt that bad
Old 12-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Blue Lacuna seems like a perfect title for you to try:

http://jayisgames.com/archives/2010/06/blue_lacuna.php

I have yet to play it myself, but many people recommend it.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #7

Default Victor Gijsbers

If you're interested in moral choices, the first name which comes to mind is Victor Gijsbers. I'd esp. recommend De Baron and Fate.

You can see a list of his games at IFDB. 'Mid the Sagebrush and the Cactus could also fit your description, although I didn't have a chance to play it so far.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #8

just started The Baron and it's pretty good for my first time playing a text adventure or at least first time playing seriously.

EDIT 1:played as much as I could since I had to sit a test today and it was rather fun.I always thought that text based ag's were difficult among other things but at least this one is good.you get easily drawn in the story.it also keeps a level of mystery in the air .....it's not a straightforward story that after reading a little in the beginning you can pinpoint objectives and afterwards just have to accomplish them.long story short Shuarian for one post you rocked.

EDIT 2:finished it pretty good all in all with a plot twist.started fate,not as thrilling but good.

Last edited by jhetfield21; 12-13-2010 at 10:24 AM.