You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure I just recently played and finished Fahrenheit... [Spoilers!]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
More slaw!!!

Default I just recently played and finished Fahrenheit... [Spoilers!]

And my main question is this: Who/What is this golden-outline of a robot-internet man? I really don't want to come accross as perhaps not understanding subtleties within storytelling, but from what I recall it wasn't until near the end of the game that this... uh... robot... thing... appeared, and started talking about becoming the dominant race.

I don't think I fully understand -who- it is, and how it came to be in the story, or even how it came to existance in the first place?

Last edited by Toefur; 02-27-2006 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Spoiler warning! :D
Old 02-26-2006, 11:06 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

If I remember correctly, the robots/AI things were from one of the two competing clans (purple or orange). They both wanted to find the Indigo child.

I haven't played the game in a long time, so my memory is a little fuzzy.

Oh, and I would put SPOILERS in your thread title.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Don't worry about missing subtlety; there is none by that point.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:04 AM   #4
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

I think they were aliens that invaded the internet through that comet that landed, the one that lucas got his powers from
Old 02-27-2006, 02:26 AM   #5
Dungeon Master

They (it? - there's no hint there are more of them than this one yellow entity) are referred to as A.I. ingame, so I don't think they're supposed to be aliens. Also, I can't remember any comet, just an unprecised source of chroma Lucas' parents (among other scientists) were investigating.

Anyway, no sweat, Toefur: as far as I know, you understood all there was to understand. As Legolas said, they are the neo-Mayans' rival clan, whose existence hadn't been even hinted at previously.

By the way, did you guys think that Agatha was really the Cyborg from the beginning, or did he impersonate her only in that one scene to get the Indigo child? Not that any of the two versions make much sense...
Old 03-06-2006, 04:00 AM   #6
Lazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
By the way, did you guys think that Agatha was really the Cyborg from the beginning, or did he impersonate her only in that one scene to get the Indigo child? Not that any of the two versions make much sense...
I wanted to ask similar question too! but i don't think he impersonated her only once? but also the scenes in the church and the jungle?

was agatha really a person afterall (but she's an acquaintance of markus)?? if so was that the cyborg thing killed her so that he could impersonate her or what??

never mind .....
Old 03-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #7
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefur
I don't think I fully understand -who- it is, and how it came to be in the story, or even how it came to existance in the first place?
The latter third of the game is terrible and makes no sense. I advice everyone who has it but hasn't played it yet to stop playing 2/3 through and try to imagine the ending.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #8

The AI was a product of the internet and how it became self conscious, they weren't aliens. And there are more than one AI. If you play chapter 34, right after the rollercoaster scene, you will see two AIs talking about lucas's dream. And the AI only incorporated Agatha after she died in her apartment.

I loved this game but I have to admit that the AI theme didn't make much sense. After I finished playing the game I began to edit it into a movie, a 2:49 hours movie btw. And since I didn't like the AI and how it incorporated Agatha I totally removed the AI from the movie and made Agatha Lucas's mentor (even after she died... so she doesn't betray Lucas in the end). I gotta say, I think the storyline is lot nicer in the movie
Old 03-07-2006, 04:00 AM   #9

The story had this dark supernatural theme until the last third and then it went into Matrix mode. Everything sped up and logic disappeared. Amazingly I still loved the game.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
woof

Wait, im sure aliens had something to do with it...cause of the comet
Old 03-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #11
Dungeon Master

I believe there wasn't any comet.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #12
Sierra Junkie

Send a message via MSN to avatar_58

I think the creators were smoking some nice stuff when they wrote Fahrenheit's storyline. I don't really mind because the game itself is great, but you have to admit it takes a stoner to be able to accept the game's plot as believable.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #13

Yeah, it went pretty haywire towards the end there didn't it? lol

Not a bad little game to play though.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:55 PM   #14

Well, it's a mystery story -- it doesn't have to be believable. I liked it.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:49 AM   #15
Lazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Wait, im sure aliens had something to do with it...cause of the comet
do you mean the 'blackhole' thing that attempts to suck lucas in?
Old 03-09-2006, 12:12 PM   #16
woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
I believe there wasn't any comet.
what the hell was the thing at the end? the thing the whole army base where he lived in was reaserching, the thing that gave him his powers. I thought that was a comet...
Old 03-11-2006, 02:01 AM   #17

I am glad someone started a recent Fahrenheit/Indigo thread that way I wouldn't have to bump one of the 30 old ones to post my following comments:

I JUST RECENTLY (as in last night) watched the movie "Dark City" which was made in 1998. All I have to say is...HOLY SHIT did Quantic Dream do a good job duplicating material from that movie when they put together this game. LOL...it's so funny how close the story to this game and that movie are that it's sickening.

If you guys have never seen Dark City but have played Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit...you must watch that film some time, yes. Regardless of this game being a rip of that movie, it still was an amazing movie, yes. I'm not sure why it did poorly here in the states...but people in this country are stupid like that so what do you expect? It came out a year before the Matrix (back in 1998).

Now I'm not going to spoil anything here for those of you who have never seen the movie, even though there'd be a list a mile long of things they took from that movie...but let's just say the fight at the finale of this game was taken STRAIGHT out of Dark City, yes. Watch it and you'll understand what I'm talking about, yes.

LOL my apologizes for the yeses...I'm making fun of the movie.

It was just so shocking to me to see how many damn similiarities this game took from the movie last night that I just HAD to say something about it here.

In conclusion: Dark City + Matrix = Fahrenheit

It kind of saddens me now when I realize all of this, because up until the late portion of the game, I actually thought Fahrenheit had a pretty original and thrilling storyline during the beginning and middle portions of it. After watching Dark City, I discover that NONE of this game's story is too original at all anymore. I mean nothing can ever be completely original, but after you see Dark City...aah forget it...you'll understand what I'm bitching about here once you've watched it.

In retrospect...it's a good thing I saw the movie AFTER playing this game, otherwise I probably would have choked to death at the "creativity" they used in the story as I was playing. In fact, now that I've seen Dark City, I think I'm going to replay Fahrenheit one more time and then start a thread detailing every single item that reeks of Dark City, yes. LOL

Last edited by entranced; 03-11-2006 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:56 AM   #18
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

I've seen Dark City twice and I can't really agree.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:50 AM   #19
gin soaked boy

I've seen it only once, but don't remember much of it, just
Spoiler:
some creatures stopping time and changing dreams?
I thought it was a poor excuse for SF so I successfully wiped it out of my memory. Still, this is the first time I've seen anyone mention any similarities between Dark City and Fahrenheit, and it's not like it's an obscure movie. I'm anxiously awaiting that thread of yours.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:18 AM   #20
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Actually Dark City is a pretty damn good movie. Much, much better than Fahrenheit is as a game.