You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Great Cow Race page up

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
fov
Rattenmonster

Default Great Cow Race page up

Telltale has added a Great Cow Race page to their website.

There are some new screenshots and concept art, and it says that the game will be available in April.

EDIT: Some new screenshots are out too.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:43 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

That 1up preview they quoted is new. I hadn't seen it before. It's here for anyone who wants to read it.

EDIT: Curse you, Dale, for deleting your post so it looks like I posted twice in a row. Never mind me, I'm just talking to myself here.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:49 AM   #3
Irritant F0rum Beasty

The new screenshots are good, the environments are looking more interesting and detailed than the last game.

I especially like the one of Smiley Bone standing looking at the Cow costume, somehow I get the feeling Smiley is really going to come into his own in this one.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:26 PM   #4
Homer of Kittens

Got the first one and was really disappointed. I think the Bone series is probably not for me.

Firefox rules
Old 03-14-2006, 08:34 PM   #5

Even if you were disappointed in the first game, I would suggest trying the free 30 minute demo of Episode 2. I know Telltale have responded to a lot of specific criticsm about the first one, and made measures to ensure the same problems / weakness aren't repeated this time around.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
Under pressure.

Even though the first game didn't impress me much, I have to say those new screenshots do show some improvement. From reading various interviews and articles I get the impression that TTG is really listening to the feedback from its customers, so I'm going to give this second chapter a chance as well. And I'm looking forward to it!

--Erwin
Old 03-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Even though the first game didn't impress me much, I have to say those new screenshots do show some improvement.
Out of curiosity... what is it about the screenshots that seems like an improvement? The graphical style hasn't changed (although the locations and some characters are obviously new). Is it the way the scenes are composed?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Out of curiosity... what is it about the screenshots that seems like an improvement? The graphical style hasn't changed (although the locations and some characters are obviously new). Is it the way the scenes are composed?
Well, for starters I think the new screenshots look more alive, especially the ones from the market. I also see more detail in lots of scenes, for example the one with Phone behind the counter as a cook. (The bar, on the other hand still looks a little empty, though). I think the game's enviroment is going to be a little more varied too, looking at the screenshots. I think the desert and wood locations were a little too generic. There should've been more highlights in some of the scenes in Bone 1. I think the second game is going to be more varied in backgrounds.

Anyway, those are all assumptions based on those few screenshots. One thing I'm 100% sure of: the team is listening to feedback coming from various channels. That's always a good thing.

--Erwin