You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2005, 04:58 AM   #1
Epinionated.

Default Theseis

Looks interesting... a next-gen adventure game!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/624/624511p1.html

Quote:
A modern-day Athens of marvel, danger and backstage scheming.
Multiple endings according to decisions made during the game.
Mind-boggling conundrums based on Greek mythology.
Locales that range from neo-classical to the depths of Hades.
Proprietary graphics engine.
Original dynamic music score.
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/746/746920/imgs_1.html

Official site -
http://www.theseisgame.com/index.php?ok=1
Old 06-13-2005, 05:15 AM   #2
capsized.

Looking good! Minor gripes: I had to look up "conundrum" in an online dictionary , plus I don't know which of the screens are showing in-game shots. If this isn't prerendered stuff, let me do some drooling right now.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:39 AM   #3
Dungeon Master

I always wondered why were there no Ancient Greece themed AGs (None I know of, at least. There were two or three Roman though, but all sucked.), as this was always one of my favorite ages in history. So I am really willing to drool in anticipation, but first I must see or hear something more specific.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:31 AM   #4
Pixelhunter

Do you think it is first person or third person perspective? None of the images suggest the latter I guess...
Old 06-13-2005, 06:46 AM   #5
Aj_
Beyond Belief

None of the images are screenshots. It looks prerendered to me.

Quote:
A griping story that emerges and places you in an Athens full of marvel, danger and back-stage scheming just beneath the surface of everyday life.
Hehe, I hope that's a type.
Quote:
- Multiple endings according to the decisions made in the game.
Meh, thats not new, but welcome.
Quote:
- A wide variety of puzzles based on both Greek Mythology and mind-boggling conundrums that captivate the player.
That doesn't tell me anything at all.
Quote:
- Colorful characters and localities, ranging from neo-classical buildings to the grim depths of Hades.
I've always wanted to go to the grim depths of hades.
Quote:
- Being created first for PC platform and possibly for next gen consoles.
Yay!
Quote:
- Innovative customized new power graphic engine created to take the player to realistic heights.
Real-time, cool.
Quote:
- Dynamic original music score written which enchants with the emotional atmosphere it creates.
No samples though, so, does this music exist, or will it be enchanting when it's made?
Old 06-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #6
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
I always wondered why were there no Ancient Greece themed AGs .
Well, there's Wrath of the Gods. An indy edutainment title, produced by a school teacher for his students. Third person, real people as avatars, photographs as background. I had fun playing it, but it's ancient. As far as I know, it's still available from the developer's website.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:53 AM   #7
Barroom hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
I always wondered why were there no Ancient Greece themed AGs (None I know of, at least. There were two or three Roman though, but all sucked.), as this was always one of my favorite ages in history. So I am really willing to drool in anticipation, but first I must see or hear something more specific.
You have at least Odyssey (Cryo) (but I didn't play it).
Then if you like text adventures, get Myth (Magnetic Scrolls), there are a few nice puzzles I remember of
In Explora 2 too there were some parts in Ancient Greece!

Then there was this french text adventure (my first one ) on CPC that I can't find again on the web where you played Ulysse!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:00 AM   #8
Banned User

Ugh, adventure games need a breath of fresh air.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #9
fov
Rattenmonster

I saw the trailer for this at E3, and I think all those screenshots are taken from it (not in-game stuff).

My understanding is that the game is based in the present, but the player is trying to recover an artifact (some kind of scroll, I think) that was stolen in the past (in ancient Greece). The trailer took place in the past and showed it being stolen. The trailer was pretty good.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:43 AM   #10
Epinionated.

Well, at least another developer's pushing the genre into the limelight! The article on IGN's quite big. Lets not pick apart the concept before we know what it is, folks. We didn't do it to Juniper Crescent, lets not do it to this.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:56 AM   #11
Theseis DevTeam Member

Hi everyone...

First of all Theseis is based in the present (in fact it will take place in an alternative city of Athens).The connection with Ancient Greece is very strong and as fov said the player (Andronikos Kalogerou) must locate & recover an artifact (Theseis). There's a big conspirancy element that make this recovering a pain in the ass for the player but...well thats adventure.The trailer we show at E3 was a prequel to get everyone in the mood, show the beginning of the story and hopefully create some drooling.
Right now we're working our butts off to fullfil both our dream & hopefully rekindling the adventure genre flame...

CU Soon
Old 06-24-2005, 03:02 AM   #12
Epinionated.

Thanks, man. Welcome to AGERS! It IS 3D isn't it? In-house?
Old 06-24-2005, 03:07 AM   #13
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Who´s the publisher of this game?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:40 AM   #14
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum, drskam! It's great to hear what you guys are working on.

Any chance you will be releasing the trailer online? It certainly got me drooling (I stood there and watched it half a dozen times!) and I'm sure others in the community would love to see it, too.

-emily
Old 03-15-2006, 06:57 AM   #15
Theseis DevTeam Member

Default Theseis News

Hi guys !!!
Long time no see but I'm back to tell you whats up with Theseis.
Track7 Games (the company behind Theseis) established it's new HQ's in the heart of Athens. This means more productivity and fun for the developers.
Theseis will be present (hopefully on-time) a playable level demo at E3 2006.
The updated & improved Promo video from the E3 2005 is on-line at www.track7games.com
Finally a new fresh video will be out soon showing some intresting in-game stuff...Fasten your seat-belt guys.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:35 AM   #16
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome back! And thanks for the update. Can't wait to see the new video.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:58 AM   #17

Direct link to video: http://www.theseisgame.com/downloads/cinematic2.mov

That looks really impressive, ofcourse it's all pre-rendered but still, if the final product is anything like that it's on my wish list The Charon bit was nice and grim, but I'm a bit confused; is the game set in modern day Athens (or an "Alternative Reality" Athens)? Because the video clearly showed ancient Athens And do you have any further information about the game, such as if it's going to be realtime 3D or utilizing pre-rendered backdrops against 3D characters, first person or third person, point'n'click etc.?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #18
fov
Rattenmonster

I believe it's set in modern day Athens, but the story has to do with something that happened in ancient Greece (which is shown in that video).
Old 03-16-2006, 07:42 AM   #19
Theseis DevTeam Member

Default Theseis

The game is in real-time 3D using a custom powerfull 3D engine. The promo video is pre-rendered but I'm not saying anything about in-game quality. Wait 'till the release of the special ingame video. I'm working on it these days.
The story of the game is very good with many roads and choices for every puzzle you'll encounter. You can either choose man (Andronikos) or woman (Phoebe) to play the game with different dialogue (and more than this) experiences. It's set in an alternative modern Athens but the ancient element is very strong and important to the sollutions. Add the fantastic element too and you've got a real addictive sum.
More news and answers very soon.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:52 PM   #20
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Maybe someome mentioned this before, I not in the mood to reread all the posts, but I wondered, is it an action adventure, meaning, do you have to fight?

This means a big deal to me, I not so fond of adventuregames demanding that. (I actually don't like timed sequences either, but that I can handle) And it will have a big impact on wheter or not I'm going to get the game..

Will it be distributed to the whole of europe?