You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Why do so many hate BS3??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #41

Default Ahhh, but the best part...

I enjoyed BS3. I doubt there will be many games made in the future that will compare to The Shadow of the Templars. It's just too damn good in every way. But I liked the characters in the third game, particularly the goth girlfriend, and I thought the switch to 3D was a good thing.

But I must admit I spent most of my playing time moving Nicole around just to watch her walk in a northernly direction.

Signed, Yet Another Besotted Nicole Collard Fan
Old 01-29-2006, 03:49 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
I also really enjoyed BS3. It was a very good enjoyable game, and I had a great time playing it.
I agree. I personally loved it, it was very atmospheric, especially when playing the castle part in a dark room.
Of course BS3 wasn't as great as BS1, not even close, but still pretty damn good game if you ask me. Much better than Runaway IMO.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:23 AM   #43
Supreme Dictator for Life

i *really* enjoyed this game. granted, it was the first BS game i've played (i think BS1 was superior to this one). the stealth puzzles were a bit of a pain (though i'm a splinter cell and mgs fan so perhaps it didn't bother me as much as other). also, the crate puzzles were a bit of a bore; specifically at the end "wow! there's an enormous dragon over this gate...allow me to arrange these blocks in a pattern to let me climb over a fence and i shall SLAY him!". yeah...that part was a bit ridiculous, but other than that, i thoroughly enjoyed the game
Old 01-29-2006, 04:44 AM   #44
Schoolgirl From Hell

The graphics in BS3 are very pretty to the eyes, but between BS1 and BS3, I am more willing to replay BS1 again and again. I find BS1 a lot more enjoyable compared to BS3, mainly due to the gameplay, story and the puzzles. While the same type of humour was employed in BS3, with kooky characters abound, I was really puzzled by Petra's sudden appearance (e.g: no one explained why Petra was such a bitch to Nico and she seemed to know Nico intimately at the beginning of the game). Plus, the box and crate puzzles annoyed me to no end, character control manipulation was a pain (I had trouble navigating George's escape through the tunnel) and the ending was a let down (silly, in fact.. but that's my opinion). Also, I felt that BS3 was a lot shorter and less meatier compared to BS1.

"Hate" is a strong word. I guess you could say that I am disappointed with BS3.

*edit: Plus I was a little angry with the way they changed Andre Lobineau's character. In BS1 and 2, he was a lot cooler - despite being a jerk to George and was able to match George. But in BS3, he was toned down and a lot geekier and wore such awful clothes.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"

Last edited by saucyminx; 01-29-2006 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:40 AM   #45
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

hmmm....I quit BS3 after about the third crate puzzle, found it annoying as hell. But seeing all the debate going on, I'm almost tempted to re-try it. Of course, not having played the first two might have also been a factor in my being annoyed.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:25 AM   #46

The controls... nuff said.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:57 AM   #47
fov
Rattenmonster

I actually liked BS3 more than the other two (what I played of it, anyway). I thought they made good use of the 3D. I played with a game pad; may have had problems with the controls if I hadn't.

Unfortunately the game crashed on me in Prague and I haven't gotten it working again.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:25 AM   #48

It's not that I hate it, it's a decent game. But in no way did it live up to its potential. I think the main problem is developers always seem to think of platforming and crate pushing as adventure gaming elements. They aren't and shouldn't/needn't be included in any adventure game, and especially not occur more than once per game.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:02 PM   #49
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

I think it was the loading times on my Xbox that killed it. 3-4 minute loading screens every other room.

I think it's in this order though, if I'm not mistaken, due to probably belief: Broken Sword 1>>>Broken Sword 3>Broken Sword II.

I can see where everyone is coming from with the second one though. It lost all the elegence I always thought the original had.