You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Bad Brain company blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2005, 10:04 PM   #41
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fum
but then quickly lose interest in it all once a brick wall was hit when it came to actually making games,
The whole Sam & Max debacle and the loss of A Vampyre Story are huge brick walls for Bad Brain. The fact that they're still around after all that tells me they're serious at least.

Quote:
The type of person the fella' strikes me as is a marginally insane person, and I like insane people, so I’ve decided I like him.
Maybe that's what I like about this guy. He's got everything to prove and tons to lose. And he's going to try to do it by making adventure games. That's just plain nuts!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #42

The only good thing Bad Brain has done for me is keep me nice and occupied with their puzzles to reveal their so-called secret game. Although nothing came of it and I was pretty pissed at the end, I have to admit that the ride was fun.

On another note. I wonder if the people who he "cast" for I-Jet are even real people. maybe he made them up too.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:10 PM   #43
Jack Bauer loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenhamster
On another note. I wonder if the people who he "cast" for I-Jet are even real people. maybe he made them up too.
There were casting videos made available when they held auditions, so the people are probably real, unless he's REALLY good at CG animation. They're in that Club Bad Brain thing on the website.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:42 PM   #44
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4
Ah, yes. At least "Fists of Fury" is already taken.
Best laugh I've had all day!
Old 10-16-2005, 11:01 PM   #45
gin soaked boy

I'm sorry, I just can't take that guy seriously. He's an amusing comical character and I'm far from hating him, or Bad Brain, but that's all he'll remain until he comes up with some good games to back his claims up.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:20 PM   #46

artwking i'd invest your faith in other companies.. theres a difference in supporting and hoping for the best for adventure gaming.. and believing in someone who has lied to the entire adventure game community
Old 10-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #47

Quote:
There were casting videos made available when they held auditions, so the people are probably real, unless he's REALLY good at CG animation. They're in that Club Bad Brain thing on the website.

"the first multi player adventure game!!!"

well maybe in his mind .....
Old 10-16-2005, 11:46 PM   #48
Classy Lassy

Send a message via AIM to ashleyelaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroHero
artwking i'd invest your faith in other companies.. theres a difference in supporting and hoping for the best for adventure gaming.. and believing in someone who has lied to the entire adventure game community
I agree with you.
Although, he's only on the level of annoyance, I have no respect for someone like him.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:59 PM   #49
merely human

My problem with him is that he spends far too much energy shooting his mouth off about how great these games are gonna be and how fabulous he is that he thought them up. I'd prefer he keep a low profile for a while and actually make the games first? Say, some very nicely done tech demos, screenshots, teaser trailer......you know, actual progress?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-17-2005, 12:26 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
My problem with him is that he spends far too much energy shooting his mouth off about how great these games are gonna be and how fabulous he is that he thought them up. I'd prefer he keep a low profile for a while and actually make the games first? Say, some very nicely done tech demos, screenshots, teaser trailer......you know, actual progress?
But this is progress, surely!?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:54 AM   #51
merely human

Yes. After a fashion, as it were.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-17-2005, 04:13 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp-30
But this is progress, surely!?
somehow I dont remember evryone requesting this in the inventory chat..
Old 10-17-2005, 06:36 AM   #53
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Brat
They're genius because we're all here talking about this and generating interest. When the game(s) finally do come out, we'll all try them out, and if they're good then there will be a lot of crow to eat.
It takes no genius to lie for free publicity. Just nerve. And the whole "no such thing as bad publicity" thing is nonsense. Bad Brain has burned player and media trust, and really their games are generating very little interest now. (A single thread on a fan site further mocking their professionalism hardly qualifies.)

I don't think anyone is saying they aren't capable of coming up with a decent game, though the odds are severely stacked against them releasing anything, let alone something good. But lots of companies succeed in spite of their management incompetence (I know, I've worked for some). So the right team could pull off a nice game even while he runs around shooting himself in the foot.

Seems pretty obvious that his high-profile claims and promises were really to attract investors, not fans. I think the only question at this point is whether Bad Brain actually has any money (the kind needed to produce a game, market it, and get it on shelves around the world).
Old 10-17-2005, 07:27 AM   #54
Jack Bauer loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroHero
I've got plenty of faith to go around for all of the lying adventure game company CEO's, all of the fledgling startups like Telltale who choose an unpopular distribution method, and even those poor loveable dopes, the fangame creators who keep on making fangames knowing full well that their efforts could be for nothing when a C&D comes their way. I'm not the only crazy one around here.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:19 PM   #55
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I've got this gut feeling that Wolfgang Kierdorf and Dr. Uwe Boll are related.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:51 PM   #56
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Who is Uwe Boll?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:09 PM   #57
Jack Bauer loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Who is Uwe Boll?
He's a crazy German movie director or something. He turns video games into bad movies. Or at least mediocre ones. I don't think I've seen any of his films.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #58

Quote:
He turns video games into bad movies.
That's quite a big understatement, there.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:48 PM   #59
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
I've got this gut feeling that Wolfgang Kierdorf and Dr. Uwe Boll are related.
If not sleeping together.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:02 PM   #60
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCropper
Quote:
He turns video games into bad movies.
That's quite a big understatement, there.
Bloody hell, for someone to make bad Video Game movies allot of publishers sure have signed him on for their games:

Bloodrayne
Far Cry
Fear effect

all in production

although I havent seen Alone in the Dark or House of the dead....were they released in Uk Cineimas atall?