View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 06:36 AM   #53
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Brat
They're genius because we're all here talking about this and generating interest. When the game(s) finally do come out, we'll all try them out, and if they're good then there will be a lot of crow to eat.
It takes no genius to lie for free publicity. Just nerve. And the whole "no such thing as bad publicity" thing is nonsense. Bad Brain has burned player and media trust, and really their games are generating very little interest now. (A single thread on a fan site further mocking their professionalism hardly qualifies.)

I don't think anyone is saying they aren't capable of coming up with a decent game, though the odds are severely stacked against them releasing anything, let alone something good. But lots of companies succeed in spite of their management incompetence (I know, I've worked for some). So the right team could pull off a nice game even while he runs around shooting himself in the foot.

Seems pretty obvious that his high-profile claims and promises were really to attract investors, not fans. I think the only question at this point is whether Bad Brain actually has any money (the kind needed to produce a game, market it, and get it on shelves around the world).