You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Bad Brain company blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2005, 07:28 PM   #1

Default Bad Brain company blog

have you read the latest entry???
Quote:
Ever wondered what a crappy name i-jet is for a game? Well, imagine me sitting there at night, having to come up with some games bad brain entertainment will soon start production on. Sure there were concepts in my head already. But they were just ideas by then. The first name for a game that came to my mind was Quizzoid. Ever saw the movie Tremors? Theres a chinese guy who names the worms. In german he calls them Schlangoiden which would translate to something like Snakoids since I bought the Double-DVD I -oid a lot of things. Like Catz-oid for my cat and so on. So I announced a Quizshow game called Quizzoid. I soon realised that people wanted different stuff. They wanted to hear about adventures and adventures was why I founded bad brain entertainment in the first place. So with Bill Tillers announcement of us trying to save Sam&Max2 I thought it might be a good thing to bring a backup team in place. I always wanted to do a 70s/80s style game with animals. And The Orgastic 4 were born. Finally I wanted to have a three game lineup at last. My last game should be something huge. It should be revolutinary and mind bashing. I have to say that most of my ideas come from movies and tv-series. I am a big movie and tv freak and know nearly everything contemporary and ancient. So my last game had just a simple idea. People who try to find their kids. I just saw The Forgotten and simply loved the idea of people seeing the world different. I thought that this would make for a real revolution in adventures. Different characters see things different. Also you could play the game with a friend, enter a room together and see different things. A real co-op game. All I needed now was a name (... and a story and a team and so on ...). I looked around in my office and the first thing I spotted was my fax-machine. A Philips i-jet (for ink-jet) fax. i-jet just sounded myteriously enough for me, so i-jet was the name. You will wonder what we made up to give the name a meaning when you play the actual game.

Hey. That was a long one. So now you know just some more of our dirty little secrets. Stick with us to see how we produced trailers and material out of thin air.
http://www.bad-brain.com/ceo_en.jsp

--------------------------

I don't know what is worse..the fact that he did exactly what I though he did..or that he is actually documenting his lying, and other horrible behaviour..this guy is scum..

and this...

Quote:
Camela McC (name abbreviated), at that time Studio Manager at LucasArts.

So I emailed her and she emailed back. On September 8th. With some questions what I would intend to do with the Sam & Max 2 Material once I had it. That was the first and last time I heard from Camela.
---

apparently thats the basis of "negotiations with lucasarts" and some stupid "puzzles" and months of lying...
Old 10-15-2005, 11:50 PM   #2
The Solomon of Sarcasm

My my...he named his game concept after a printer/fax machine. "I-Jet" sounds cool and mysterious? It certainly makes me feel an odd sense of foreboding. Will the data spool to the printer? Will the paper jam? Will I run out of color ink? This is too much.

"I-Jet" sounds like a product you might see at 2 AM being advertised by an overenthusiastic man with a boisterous British accent, with a complimentary little other product that has no relevance to the main item. It doesn't sound like an atmospheric, disturbing thriller. But maybe that's just me...

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 10-16-2005, 02:36 AM   #3

I'm surprised to see quotes on this blog that are obviously lifted from personal or business emails.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:46 AM   #4
Psychonaut

Just another example of why I can't take Bad Brain seriously.

They always seemed unprofessional and full of empty promises.

Throwing around alot of promises to developers without the money or know how to back it up.

Airing it all in public is just hilarious.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:59 AM   #5

This is stuff about the Inventory chat is amazing:

"On the second night of the birthday chat I joined in. People were starting to ask questions like: who are you guys, were did you pop up from, what other products do you have, is there intelligent life on other planets? Well, I decided to come up with answers quick. So it was time to . lets say - improvise."

Then he proceeds to talk about how he came up with the three games (as quoted in the first post).

Respect to him and the rest of Bad Brain for actually trying to make his "improvised" ideas into actual games (and it does seem like The Orgastic Four is coming along nicely), but it feels a bit lame that both The Orgastic Four and I-Jet were just things he made up to impress the crowds at the Inventory chat.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:59 AM   #6
Under pressure.

I find it all very interesting to read, though

--Erwin
Old 10-16-2005, 03:59 AM   #7
merely human

I find it...... 'amusing'. For lack of a better word.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-16-2005, 05:15 AM   #8

I'd find this amusing if he was joking, but knowing that every little bit of this is actually true is just... pathetic.

I won't hold my breath for them to actually release a finished product, then.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:46 AM   #9
Squeaky

Old 10-16-2005, 08:50 AM   #10
Hopeful skeptic

So I-Jet came from seeing his printer first... What the hell was he looking at when he named Orgastic 4?
Old 10-16-2005, 09:10 AM   #11
merely human

Why the hell did you even have to ask?

Jack
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-16-2005, 09:26 AM   #12
Hopeful skeptic

Hey, animal foursomes may be common to YOU, but I've never seen one.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
Hey, animal foursomes may be common to YOU, but I've never seen one.
In that case, let me familiarize you with a piece of German folklore.

Old 10-16-2005, 10:26 AM   #14
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Im a bit lost here...well im always lost, but whats is it people dont like about this guy?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:49 AM   #15
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson_yellow
This is SO true.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:12 AM   #16

Meh. I posted that a year ago.

Still holds true though.

Quote:
Stick with us to see how we produced trailers and material out of thin air.
Yeah, I always wondered just how they made that spinning i-jet logo flash animation that was touted as a "teaser trailer".

Last edited by jp-30; 10-16-2005 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:33 AM   #17
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
What the hell was he looking at when he named Orgastic 4?
The visuals from that game look appealing to me, though.

--Erwin
Old 10-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #18

Wow, I've never had more fun reading a blog before in my life.

Quote:
I guess we came up with the name bad brain entertainment some days before, just to have one. There were other names of course, but Kai Loeffler, a friend of mine, came up with this one and I agreed. In his intention the bad in bad brain entertainment was for rotten. In mine it was for evil. So we started throwing logo designs at each other and finally came up with a greenish 2D sketch of a brain I ripped from the internet and post-produced - yeah that sounds good - in photoshop.
Isn't that illegal??

I'm having a great time imagining what kind of crazy world it must be to work there. It reminds me of that last job George (from Seinfeld) had with Mr. Krueger.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:58 AM   #19
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
This is SO true.
Spot on, Simpson, I almost choked on my dinner.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:59 AM   #20
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCropper
I'm having a great time imagining what kind of crazy world it must be to work there.
Ask Flux...