You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #1

Default Login Issues

I haven't played adventure games for a while . . but today I decided to look up whats new and for the life of me, I cannot login or retrieve my password.

Every time I try to retrieve my password I get an invalid email response.

I know that this email is the correct email because when I search my email archives I find dozens of emails between me and support over the years. (Including a rather patronizing one reminding me that emails are case sensitive.)

I have had problems with login in the past, but I got around it by logging into the uk version of the site. But this time, I tried the us, uk, eu and just the plain games planet with no luck.

I want to support adventure shop because they seem like a big sponsor of this site. But honestly I don't have this problem with GOG, steam or telltale. Even if I haven't been active on the site for a while. Retrieving a password is easy.

I'm sure that I'm going to get some response from support stating:
Make sure that your using the right email!
Make sure that your cap locks isn't on!
Doublecheck your spelling!

(as if I haven't been doing that for the last hour)

Or the Just Re-register! (I know that you will lose access to all your previous downloads but its not like you would want to play the them again or re-download them to a new computer.)

Sorry to gripe, but I am fed up and re-reading my previous emails with problems didn't help.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #2

Default It's official. I've completely lost it.

Just got and email from "support" asking for the email address I used when subscribing.

FAN-f***-tastic.

Why didn't I think of that? Using the email address that I used to subscribe to log in the site I was trying to access. Because I am obviously a COMPLETE idiot that was using some other email address. IN FACT i just prefer to access sites by typing in random digits.

It adds an aura of surprise.

Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong. . . Maybe I as an Adventure fan I should be treating this as a test, no a quest. I am now going to dredge the internet. Looking for hotspots, hovering my mouse over maps of islands. Trying the find the the one PIXEL that reads: ONE TRUE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Or maybe I should explore the webpages of the world's largest ball of twine in Cawker City, Kansas or Gator Golf (not Florida, Fayetteville get it right ). Maybe if I hit my golf ball at just the right point . . maybe one of the real african animals will spit it out.

What am I thinking? This is crazy . . . I'm never going to find it that way. I should just buy real cubic zirconian and get a crowbar with gum on the end and break into a madman's basement to take a Port-a-Potty back to the signing of the declaration of independence . . oops I mean signing up for adventure gamers account. sheesh.

LOOK AT: this email: *******@gmail.com "it an email address."
(ooh, this game is a talkie!)

USE: email address to LOGIN to Adventure Gamers. "We could not find your account with your email, please provide us with the email address you have entered when subscribing."

HINT: Maybe the reason that I can't login to my account and that you can't find is the same.

BIGGER HINT: Maybe there is some connection between the two?

BIG DAMN HINT: Maybe my account got deleted?

of course the real question is:

QUIT: y/n?

Forget it. Forget it. I'm just going to take up another hobby. Steampunk . . . I could build a train out of clockwork and look for mammoths. They're out there you know. . . In The Great White North.

edit: to take out my real email address. I realized post rant that maybe I shouldn't just post my email for everyone and by everyone I mean spambots.

Last edited by Tfog; 04-18-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #3

Default I'm a little calmer now . .

Oh, I realize that my geek rant yesterday, while cathartic for me was less than helpful.

So here is a brief summary of my contact with support in the hope that Daemon will see it and help?
(PM for real email address. I didn't want to post it on the forums)

Day 1
To: [email protected]
I everytime I try to retrieve my password. I get an invaild/login email response and I know that this email is the correct email.

Day 2
I can't find your account. What is your email?

This email: [email protected] Here is a copy of the orginial confirmation email that you send me
attached: "Welcome to Adventure Shop . . ."

Day 3
Your email is [email protected] and your login is Tfog. Please go to adventureshop.com and use the retrieve your password link to retrieve your password.

You've got to be kidding me.

I can't find your account at http://adventureshop.gamesplanet.com/
Your account is associated with http://www.gametap-shop.com/.

How? Why?

... (no reply)

I know that I have an account because I have purchased all these games from it.
(attached list of games, with dates and reference codes)

DAY 5

I located all of those orders but they are not associated with any account. I could resend you the activation emails but I cannot associate them with an account. How do you wish to proceed?

Last edited by Tfog; 04-20-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: To tell the end of the story.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #4

Default The end

I responded that no I don't need another copy of the activation emails.
I have all the emails.

What I wanted was my account back.

And after five days, nine emails and a completely ridiculous forum post here. It's obvious that I am not going to get that.

So I apologize to her for taking up her time.

And now, I am apologizing to all of you:

I am sorry to have turned this forum thread into a crazy blog post. I was hoping to have my account restored with an apology. But it obvious that to continue in this vein is a waste of everyone's time. Sincerely sorry, Teresa.