Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure Shop (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure-shop/)
-   -   Login Issues (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure-shop/30922-login-issues.html)

Tfog 04-17-2012 12:29 PM

Login Issues

I haven't played adventure games for a while . . but today I decided to look up whats new and for the life of me, I cannot login or retrieve my password.

Every time I try to retrieve my password I get an invalid email response.

I know that this email is the correct email because when I search my email archives I find dozens of emails between me and support over the years. (Including a rather patronizing one reminding me that emails are case sensitive.)

I have had problems with login in the past, but I got around it by logging into the uk version of the site. But this time, I tried the us, uk, eu and just the plain games planet with no luck.

I want to support adventure shop because they seem like a big sponsor of this site. But honestly I don't have this problem with GOG, steam or telltale. Even if I haven't been active on the site for a while. Retrieving a password is easy.

I'm sure that I'm going to get some response from support stating:
Make sure that your using the right email!
Make sure that your cap locks isn't on!
Doublecheck your spelling!

(as if I haven't been doing that for the last hour)

Or the Just Re-register! (I know that you will lose access to all your previous downloads but its not like you would want to play the them again or re-download them to a new computer.)

Sorry to gripe, but I am fed up and re-reading my previous emails with problems didn't help.

Tfog 04-18-2012 01:57 PM

It's official. I've completely lost it.

Just got and email from "support" asking for the email address I used when subscribing.

FAN-f***-tastic.

Why didn't I think of that? Using the email address that I used to subscribe to log in the site I was trying to access. Because I am obviously a COMPLETE idiot that was using some other email address. IN FACT i just prefer to access sites by typing in random digits.

It adds an aura of surprise.

Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong. . . Maybe I as an Adventure fan I should be treating this as a test, no a quest. I am now going to dredge the internet. Looking for hotspots, hovering my mouse over maps of islands. Trying the find the the one PIXEL that reads: ONE TRUE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Or maybe I should explore the webpages of the world's largest ball of twine in Cawker City, Kansas or Gator Golf (not Florida, Fayetteville get it right ). Maybe if I hit my golf ball at just the right point . . maybe one of the real african animals will spit it out.

What am I thinking? This is crazy . . . I'm never going to find it that way. I should just buy real cubic zirconian and get a crowbar with gum on the end and break into a madman's basement to take a Port-a-Potty back to the signing of the declaration of independence . . oops I mean signing up for adventure gamers account. sheesh.

LOOK AT: this email: *******@gmail.com "it an email address."
(ooh, this game is a talkie!)

USE: email address to LOGIN to Adventure Gamers. "We could not find your account with your email, please provide us with the email address you have entered when subscribing."

HINT: Maybe the reason that I can't login to my account and that you can't find is the same.

BIGGER HINT: Maybe there is some connection between the two?

BIG DAMN HINT: Maybe my account got deleted?

of course the real question is:

QUIT: y/n?

Forget it. Forget it. I'm just going to take up another hobby. Steampunk . . . I could build a train out of clockwork and look for mammoths. They're out there you know. . . In The Great White North.

edit: to take out my real email address. I realized post rant that maybe I shouldn't just post my email for everyone and by everyone I mean spambots.

Tfog 04-19-2012 09:32 AM

I'm a little calmer now . .

Oh, I realize that my geek rant yesterday, while cathartic for me was less than helpful.

So here is a brief summary of my contact with support in the hope that Daemon will see it and help?
(PM for real email address. I didn't want to post it on the forums)

Day 1
To: [email protected]
I everytime I try to retrieve my password. I get an invaild/login email response and I know that this email is the correct email.

Day 2
I can't find your account. What is your email?

This email: [email protected] Here is a copy of the orginial confirmation email that you send me
attached: "Welcome to Adventure Shop . . ."

Day 3
Your email is [email protected] and your login is Tfog. Please go to adventureshop.com and use the retrieve your password link to retrieve your password.

You've got to be kidding me.

I can't find your account at http://adventureshop.gamesplanet.com/
Your account is associated with http://www.gametap-shop.com/.

How? Why?

... (no reply)

I know that I have an account because I have purchased all these games from it.
(attached list of games, with dates and reference codes)

DAY 5

I located all of those orders but they are not associated with any account. I could resend you the activation emails but I cannot associate them with an account. How do you wish to proceed?

Tfog 04-20-2012 10:39 AM

The end

I responded that no I don't need another copy of the activation emails.
I have all the emails.

What I wanted was my account back.

And after five days, nine emails and a completely ridiculous forum post here. It's obvious that I am not going to get that.

So I apologize to her for taking up her time.

And now, I am apologizing to all of you:

I am sorry to have turned this forum thread into a crazy blog post. I was hoping to have my account restored with an apology. But it obvious that to continue in this vein is a waste of everyone's time. Sincerely sorry, Teresa.