Experiences with Adventureshop - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop Experiences with Adventureshop


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 182
Default Experiences with Adventureshop

I bought a game from The Adventureshop, dracula 2, an old game that I haven't got the chance to play before. Payed my ten euros and downloaded it.

The game froze on first screen. Mailed Adventureshop and described my difficulties, got a generic computerized reply saying it wasn't their responsibility. Their one and only responsibility was the installer which after all had managed to install the game. Instructed me to contact TAC, the american publisher. Angry I mailed Adventureshop once again but got the same answer, this time written out by a human.

So I contacted TAC and their support, filled in their form and did every suggested thing described at their problemsolvingpage. The game still didn't work.

For all mentioned replies, by the way, I waited 3-4 days each time.

Mailed TAC the second time, got a reply which asked if I had taken all the measures I'd already mentioned in my first mail. I replied I've already done that.

Now I'm waiting for the answer to that. My mail was sent dec. 11:th.
Today is the 16:th.

to be continued
smulan is offline  
Old 12-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
In an evening of July...
 
kuze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,215
Default

Sounds to me like a bad experience with the game, not the shop. You got to the first screen, after all, so you were able to download, unpack, install and launch it. Since I highly doubt Adventureshop modifies the actual game, the problem must be either incompatible hardware, OS, not installed patches or something like that.

If you are looking for help with the game, posting your PC configuration would be helpful.
kuze is offline  
Old 12-16-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
Super Moderator
 
Melanie68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,907
Default

smulan, I'm sorry you're having problems and are frustrated. It does sound like the game isn't agreeing with your computer so definitely post your computer specs.

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode (either 95 or 98)?

Melanie68 is offline  
Old 12-17-2007, 12:54 AM   #4
Puts the 'e' in Mark
 
Marek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,138
Default

It sounds like this is indeed an issue with the game itself. Each developer or publisher is responsible for providing support on such issues (and are of course responsible for the way the games are programmed).
Marek is offline  
Old 12-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #5
Adventure Shop
 
Damon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smulan View Post
I bought a game from The Adventureshop, dracula 2, an old game that I haven't got the chance to play before. Payed my ten euros and downloaded it.

The game froze on first screen. Mailed Adventureshop and described my difficulties, got a generic computerized reply saying it wasn't their responsibility. Their one and only responsibility was the installer which after all had managed to install the game. Instructed me to contact TAC, the american publisher. Angry I mailed Adventureshop once again but got the same answer, this time written out by a human.

So I contacted TAC and their support, filled in their form and did every suggested thing described at their problemsolvingpage. The game still didn't work.

For all mentioned replies, by the way, I waited 3-4 days each time.

Mailed TAC the second time, got a reply which asked if I had taken all the measures I'd already mentioned in my first mail. I replied I've already done that.

Now I'm waiting for the answer to that. My mail was sent dec. 11:th.
Today is the 16:th.

to be continued

Hi Smulan,

All our apologies for this problem with Dracula 2.
I will ask the support to provide you with a solution for playing the game, or to arrange a refund, or an exchange for another game.

Damon
Damon is offline  
Old 12-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 182
Default

Thanks for your kindness Damon. Maybe the Adventureshop isn't that bad after all.

Well I got the following reply from TAC. I don't really know what to make of it. After all the Adventureshop is selling the game.

"Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting Technical Support

The game that you have inquired about has unfortunately been discontinued therefore we no longer support this software.

For a full list of our Supported ĎAdventure Company Gamesí titles including Screenshots, Reviews, and System requirements please visit:
www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/pc.html

Sincerely,

Philip Priest
Technical Support
DreamCatcher Interactive Inc."


I'm aware of all the strange things that can happen with games running on different computerconfigurations, these things happen...
But usually i don't have any computerproblems whatsoever....

Oh well, I'm not angry any more, I appreciate all the feedback in the thread.
smulan is offline  
Old 12-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
Adventure Shop
 
Damon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smulan View Post
Thanks for your kindness Damon. Maybe the Adventureshop isn't that bad after all.
I believe that Adventuregamers would have never accepted this partnership if we were not reliable people and not and fully dedicated to the community. But it's good to know that you think that this service is not that bad after all ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smulan View Post
Well I got the following reply from TAC. I don't really know what to make of it. After all the Adventureshop is selling the game.

"Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting Technical Support

The game that you have inquired about has unfortunately been discontinued therefore we no longer support this software.

For a full list of our Supported ĎAdventure Company Gamesí titles including Screenshots, Reviews, and System requirements please visit:
www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/pc.html

Sincerely,

Philip Priest
Technical Support
DreamCatcher Interactive Inc."
We will try to find a solution to run your game properly. But it is difficult with old games to make them work on every system... windows is like the pandora's box.

Sincerely, people from Dreamcatcher are good people but they can not really help you with game. We face the same problem as we can not get support from the developer Index +.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smulan View Post
I'm aware of all the strange things that can happen with games running on different computerconfigurations, these things happen...
But usually i don't have any computerproblems whatsoever....

Oh well, I'm not angry any more, I appreciate all the feedback in the thread.
We will do our best to make you happy with the Adventure Shop.

thanks
Damon is offline  
 



Thread Tools

 


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.