Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure Shop (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure-shop/)
-   -   Experiences with Adventureshop (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure-shop/21562-experiences-adventureshop.html)

smulan 12-16-2007 03:03 PM

Experiences with Adventureshop

I bought a game from The Adventureshop, dracula 2, an old game that I haven't got the chance to play before. Payed my ten euros and downloaded it.

The game froze on first screen. Mailed Adventureshop and described my difficulties, got a generic computerized reply saying it wasn't their responsibility. Their one and only responsibility was the installer which after all had managed to install the game. Instructed me to contact TAC, the american publisher. Angry I mailed Adventureshop once again but got the same answer, this time written out by a human.

So I contacted TAC and their support, filled in their form and did every suggested thing described at their problemsolvingpage. The game still didn't work.

For all mentioned replies, by the way, I waited 3-4 days each time.

Mailed TAC the second time, got a reply which asked if I had taken all the measures I'd already mentioned in my first mail. I replied I've already done that.

Now I'm waiting for the answer to that. My mail was sent dec. 11:th.
Today is the 16:th.

to be continued

kuze 12-16-2007 04:12 PM

Sounds to me like a bad experience with the game, not the shop. You got to the first screen, after all, so you were able to download, unpack, install and launch it. Since I highly doubt Adventureshop modifies the actual game, the problem must be either incompatible hardware, OS, not installed patches or something like that.

If you are looking for help with the game, posting your PC configuration would be helpful.

Melanie68 12-16-2007 09:04 PM

smulan, I'm sorry you're having problems and are frustrated. It does sound like the game isn't agreeing with your computer so definitely post your computer specs.

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode (either 95 or 98)?

:)

Marek 12-17-2007 12:54 AM

It sounds like this is indeed an issue with the game itself. Each developer or publisher is responsible for providing support on such issues (and are of course responsible for the way the games are programmed).

Damon 12-17-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smulan (Post 452564)
I bought a game from The Adventureshop, dracula 2, an old game that I haven't got the chance to play before. Payed my ten euros and downloaded it.

The game froze on first screen. Mailed Adventureshop and described my difficulties, got a generic computerized reply saying it wasn't their responsibility. Their one and only responsibility was the installer which after all had managed to install the game. Instructed me to contact TAC, the american publisher. Angry I mailed Adventureshop once again but got the same answer, this time written out by a human.

So I contacted TAC and their support, filled in their form and did every suggested thing described at their problemsolvingpage. The game still didn't work.

For all mentioned replies, by the way, I waited 3-4 days each time.

Mailed TAC the second time, got a reply which asked if I had taken all the measures I'd already mentioned in my first mail. I replied I've already done that.

Now I'm waiting for the answer to that. My mail was sent dec. 11:th.
Today is the 16:th.

to be continued

Hi Smulan,

All our apologies for this problem with Dracula 2.
I will ask the support to provide you with a solution for playing the game, or to arrange a refund, or an exchange for another game.

Damon

smulan 12-17-2007 01:00 PM

Thanks for your kindness Damon. Maybe the Adventureshop isn't that bad after all. ;)

Well I got the following reply from TAC. I don't really know what to make of it. After all the Adventureshop is selling the game.

"Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting Technical Support

The game that you have inquired about has unfortunately been discontinued therefore we no longer support this software.

For a full list of our Supported ‘Adventure Company Games’ titles including Screenshots, Reviews, and System requirements please visit:
www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/pc.html

Sincerely,

Philip Priest
Technical Support
DreamCatcher Interactive Inc."

I'm aware of all the strange things that can happen with games running on different computerconfigurations, these things happen...
But usually i don't have any computerproblems whatsoever....

Oh well, I'm not angry any more, I appreciate all the feedback in the thread.

Damon 12-17-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smulan (Post 452671)
Thanks for your kindness Damon. Maybe the Adventureshop isn't that bad after all. ;)

I believe that Adventuregamers would have never accepted this partnership if we were not reliable people and not and fully dedicated to the community. But it's good to know that you think that this service is not that bad after all ;-)

Quote:

Well I got the following reply from TAC. I don't really know what to make of it. After all the Adventureshop is selling the game.

"Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting Technical Support

The game that you have inquired about has unfortunately been discontinued therefore we no longer support this software.

For a full list of our Supported ‘Adventure Company Games’ titles including Screenshots, Reviews, and System requirements please visit:
www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/pc.html

Sincerely,

Philip Priest
Technical Support
DreamCatcher Interactive Inc."

We will try to find a solution to run your game properly. But it is difficult with old games to make them work on every system... windows is like the pandora's box.

Sincerely, people from Dreamcatcher are good people but they can not really help you with game. We face the same problem as we can not get support from the developer Index +.

Quote:

I'm aware of all the strange things that can happen with games running on different computerconfigurations, these things happen...
But usually i don't have any computerproblems whatsoever....

Oh well, I'm not angry any more, I appreciate all the feedback in the thread.

We will do our best to make you happy with the Adventure Shop.

thanks