You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop Adventure Shop launches

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2007, 05:05 AM   #21
Caffein Queen

I'm guessing it will be hard to get games from huge wellknown publishers like Adventure Company etc.

These are a few games, that I would like to see though:
*Broken Sword series
*Jack Keane (english version, when it comes out)
*Secret Files (Tunguska and the new Secret Files 2, when released)
*Next life (Reprobates)
*Nancy Drew series
*Blackwell Series from Wadjet Eye

Have you considered making bundled packages?
Or how about a category with Low price games? (under $15)

Sorry for all those questions, I'm just excited about your new shop

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 11-17-2007, 05:52 AM   #22
Caffein Queen

Hmm, just noticed your shop comes in a US and EU version!

I'm sure it's not intentional, but you have one game more on the EU site, than the US - Barrow Hill - but missing Undercover: Operation Wintersun.

Also, if you create an account on the US version, it doesn't transfer to the EU, how is that?

Another strange thing.
On the first download page you get to after the payment, the Game Settings states that I have: 3 possible activations and 6 possible downloads to go.
BUT, if I check My downloads, it only says 3 of each.

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter

Last edited by misslilo; 11-17-2007 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:03 AM   #23

Since they seem to be using 1€ = $1, I doubt anyone will want to use the EU version for the moment.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 11-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #24
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
Since they seem to be using 1€ = $1, I doubt anyone will want to use the EU version for the moment.
The £-$ conversion is more fun.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #25
Adventure Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslilo View Post
I'm guessing it will be hard to get games from huge wellknown publishers like Adventure Company etc.
We are in contact with wellknown publishers. We hope that they will participate.

Quote:
These are a few games, that I would like to see though:
*Broken Sword series
*Jack Keane (english version, when it comes out)
*Secret Files (Tunguska and the new Secret Files 2, when released)
*Next life (Reprobates)
*Nancy Drew series
*Blackwell Series from Wadjet Eye
This is a nice list of games. We'll work on it with Marek.

Quote:
Have you considered making bundled packages?
Or how about a category with Low price games? (under $15)
Bundling games is an option but it will come later.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:43 AM   #26
Adventure Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
The £-$ conversion is more fun.
The price is set by publishers/developers and is the same as in retail within the territory.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:00 AM   #27
Psychonaut

Mind you if I bought it in Retail i'd get a disc and a box etc.

The shop is a fantastic idea in priciple. Hopefully it will grow and more and more titles will be released.

P.s Jackel.. I presume being an affiliate AG gets a share of sales generated from the site. How do we make sure that happens if I bookmark their site?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #28

Quote:

Oh and will it be possible to maybe add, if a game is 1st person or 3rd person?
It's not always obvious...
QFT
Old 11-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #29

Send a message via MSN to KFMN

As Lucien21 has noted, you'll receive more for your money when you buy it in retail, with this in mind, are you sure it would be a good idea to keep same price as in stores, Damon, instead of just lowering it by a dollar or two to make your site more attractive?

Also concerning indie developers, how much in percentage would the base-deal be per game if you would get a game up at Adventure Shop?

With bundled packs of games, would the price be lower, like 1 game would be lets say 15 dollars, 2 would be 25, or would there be some sort of other perks following?

Lets say a game here in Denmark costs what would be 10 dollars because it is getting semi-old in retail and hasn't sold that good, would you as an online distributor then follow that price or would you keep prices the same as when you first got the game up?

Last but not least, thank you for providing this service, hopefully I will be a customer myself in the near future if the prices are reasonable.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:00 PM   #30
Irritant F0rum Beasty

I never got the chance to play any of the Tex Murphy games, so that would be really cool if it were possible.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh and will it be possible to maybe add, if a game is 1st person or 3rd person?
It's not always obvious...
The first and third person info is available on our games database page (just look at the game info page and it's there).
E.g. Sherlock Holmes vs. Arsene Lupin

Edit: A lot of info has been added to the games database, mostly by Jack (a.k.a. Jackal) so you could have as much info about a game as possible.

Last edited by Melanie68; 11-17-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:00 PM   #32
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

What's this Avencast thing doing in your list? Given that it's a self-described action rpg, I have to doubt its adventuresque qualities are strong enough to merit the inclusion.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:43 PM   #33
Keep the faith :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post

P.s Jackel.. I presume being an affiliate AG gets a share of sales generated from the site. How do we make sure that happens if I bookmark their site?
If you comes from Adventure Gamers web site, it will be consider as affiliate even if you bookmark adventure shop...
Try and you should see (affilie=AG) at the end of your URL...
Old 11-17-2007, 04:59 PM   #34
Keep the faith :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald B View Post
What's this Avencast thing doing in your list? Given that it's a self-described action rpg, I have to doubt its adventuresque qualities are strong enough to merit the inclusion.
Totally agree with you ! it' s an RPG...Lol and it is funny because the Team from adventure shop was wondering the same thing ! We know the reason why since today, too complicated to explain (a little mistake from technical team but be sure that monday it will no longer belong to the shop even if it is a real good game that I recommend for all RPG fan !
Yankee (AVS member)
Old 11-17-2007, 05:38 PM   #35

Ack! I'm retardedly excited about this AdventureShop!! (^___^) While it's far from impossible to find adventure games where I live, this is just a WAY more convienient and quick way to get them!! (I'm downloading Still Life as we speak...I've never played it before and am super-excited!). Can't wait to see more games come along, as well as the indie-group games!! Thank you so much for this service!! (^____^)
Old 11-17-2007, 05:51 PM   #36

Oh yeah, and some suggestions for potential games:

* Gray Matter
* Overclocked
* Experience112
* Sinking Island
* The Moment of Silence
* The Nancy Drew Series
* Games By MDNA (Remedy, Hope Springs Eternal, Time Stand Still, etc.)
* Next Life (Reprobates)
* Culpa Innata

ANYTHING really will be great, though! (^___^)

Last edited by whalewashingdolphin; 11-19-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:07 PM   #37

Adventure Shop is a great idea! Personally, I don't care if I have the 'box' - takes up too much room anyway - and since you can make your own backup.....well, I don't see any downsides at all to simply downloading.

It's actually better since you won't NEED a disc to play some games like you do now. And it also eliminates any problems that some 'protection' programs generate (eg.......still haven't been able to finish "Still Life" because it takes so long to load - if it will at all - because of the Starforce Protection System....just a fluke on my system, I guess, since I've played many other games with Starforce and never had a problem).

I'm happy to see Adventure shop is offering Still Life by the way!

Hope they're able to get some of the older, hard to find games though - like Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes(Rose Tattoo), Grim Fandango.....maybe even 7th Guest! I'll be checking the new site regularly! I wish them all success with their new venture!
Old 11-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #38
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

This is almost too good of an idea, I'm going to spend much more money on adventure games then I should. But it'll be worth it especially if we get stuff like the Tex Murphy games.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 11-18-2007, 05:18 AM   #39
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

You could probably convince Telltale Games to make a deal for Sam & Max Season One and the Bone games. They like distributing through multiple channels and have made similar deals with Steam, Yahoo Games, and a variety of casual games portals in the past. (Season Two will have to wait until it's finished its run and the CSI games are probably in Ubi's hands and not going to happen.)
Old 11-18-2007, 05:52 AM   #40
The Quiet One

I'm sure Revolution Software would have no problems allowing their Broken Sword series, or even In Cold Blood, on the shop. I mean, they're generous enough to help and allow ScummVM the source code etc. and even make Beneath a Steel Sky freeware.

I think the shop's a great idea! It'll certainly help the adventure genre by having more sites and shops dedicated to them. I personally prefer having the box on my shelf, but if certain games, that are hard to come by, are on the site then it'd prove very convenient/useful.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour