You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop Adventure Shop launches

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2007, 01:20 PM   #81
Keep the faith :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslilo View Post
I would love to se a page in the shop about the progress of getting new games.
Sort of what Metaboli does here.
Good idea Misslilo !
We will think about it...
Thx
The Ankh 1 and 2 are coming soon by the way
Old 12-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #82
Caffein Queen

That is GREAT! I loved those games!
And of course you'll get #3 too, right?

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 12-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #83

I love love love Adventure Shop. I downloaded Delaware St. John 2 yesterday and it took about an hour, way less time than if it was being delivered and way less hassle than heading over to Futureshop in the hopes they might have something worth playing.

I see myself using this a lot! And I thought prices were pretty reasonable. At least no more expensive than stores. And I like buying from I site I trust. I can't wait to see more stuff added, especially if it's older stuff not easily available since there is really so much I haven't played.

Of course you could always add a discount for us Adventure Gamers members.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:45 AM   #84
Trial and Error

Love the idea of downloading adventure games. I live in a smallish town and it's difficult to find a store that has the latest adventure games, and even then they only carry the bestsellers. I just downloaded and installed Cleopatra a Queen's Destiny. Completely painless process, easy install, and a great game to boot. Hope you never close.

Rich
Old 12-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #85
Adventure Shop

Hi Richardl,

This is exactly the reason why we wanted to create the AVS.
THere are so many adventure fans all around the world that can not find their favorite games in traditionnal shop.

Feel free to post all the games that you would like to see added to the shop.

Thanks,

Damon
Old 01-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by courderoy guy View Post
I also very much like the fact that you can burn the game to a CD-DVD and that you can install it three times before getting locked out.
That made me laugh. Do you also like getting locked out of your home?
Old 01-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #87

My serious suggestion for Adventure Shop is this: Drop the copy protection!

There is no way that I would pay for a game that I might not be able to keep using indefinitely. Customers should be able to burn a copy of the game to CD and install it again any time without needing to jump through your (3 times only) internet activation hoops. What happens to people who bought a game from AVS if you go out of business?

Don't think it couldn't happen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triton_...nt_delivery%29
Old 01-03-2008, 04:17 AM   #88
Adventure Shop

Hi Laser Eyes,

Online activation is the sole and unique solution to protect developers from pirated copies.

In any case you can burn a legal backup your game on a CD or download it again.
You can install an uninstall your game on the same PC as many times as you want, you but you can not activate it on more thatn 3 different computers.

If you need more activations, you just need to contact technical support by email.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #89

Does anyone know if the Adventure Shop has any sort of return policy? I couldn't find anything spelled out on their site so I thought I'd check.

I was so excited to find their site because when the mood strikes me to play a game, I don't want to have to run to the store to see what's available. I was on a roll this weekend downloading games but the last one I bought (80 Days) has those wacky keyboard controls that I don't have the dexterity or reflexes to use. I thought I researched the game well enough before I bought it but I must have missed any references to keyboard controls. Entirely my fault, of course, but maybe they'll allow a trade in or something. Who knows. In any case, I'm off to grab me some Sherlock Holmes games. And maybe Post Mortem. Or Road to India. Or even Runaway. Oh, it's too hard to decide!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #90

I would like to see Myst, realmyst and especially Riven in the Adventure shop.
I know Cyan are selling them to internet based stores (like gametap), so you might have a chance on this one. Also, Cyan really needs good deals now, as they just lost URU (again )

Anyway, I was really looking for Riven (with the improved sound for the DVD version), but cant find it anywhere. It surley is a peice of Adventure history, so I think it deserves its place in the AShop