You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Reader Reviews Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father (YouTube)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2009, 01:02 AM   #1

Default Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father (YouTube)

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father

I'm a long time lurker 1st time poster and for some some strange reason I got it in my head to do a video review of Gabriel Knight Sins of the Father. So I have done just that and I thought I would post it here and see what other people think.

This is my first time doing a review and YouTube has a 10 min limit so there are a few things I kind of didn't have time for as I was waffling on so much at the beginning. I really enjoyed the experience of making this, witch I really only did as a way to learn how a video edit application works. So I have made a YouTube channel called AdventureReviews. Feel free to comment, bad or good. Though I suspect if I receive some encouragement I may do more.,, and assume I will get better at it.

Anyway... hope you like it.

YouTube = Gabriel Knight : Sins of the Father (Review)
YouTube Direct Link MP4 (32meg) - download
YouTube Direct Link HD MP4 (152meg) - download

Have fun and happy adventuring!!!

Last edited by Adventurer4Life; 07-31-2009 at 02:50 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:25 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Very nice!

Definitely looking forward other video reviews!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 07-31-2009, 02:44 AM   #3
The Quiet One

Agreed. A very good review. I hope one day you're able to do a review for Broken Sword 1 and Gabriel Knight 2. *nudge nudge* *wink wink*
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #4

Very good, i liked it. Also enjoyed your The Dig review.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Very nice!
Definitely looking forward other video reviews!
Thank you so much for your comments. Yes I do plan to do more.. in fact I am as surprised as hell to find out how much I really enjoy doing this lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Agreed. A very good review. I hope one day you're able to do a review for Broken Sword 1 and Gabriel Knight 2. *nudge nudge* *wink wink*
Well I kid you not.. BaSS (freeware scummvm edition) and GK2 are in fact installed in my game dirs right now... as in they are both in my immediate "to play list"

Though in truth I am most likely going to play "Shadow of the Comet" and "Prisoner of Ice" first... and I have been meaning to reply "The Colonel's Bequest" for a while now... so those are my "to play" games, along with Under a Killing Moon.. so my next one will be one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
Very good, I liked it. Also enjoyed your The Dig review.
Thank you. I really appreciate your comments. It is strange but I get a real good feeling when I read them lol
Old 08-01-2009, 12:25 AM   #6

Ah, a fellow Aussie!

Terrific effort in both your GK1 and The Dig reviews. Though I favor the GK1 review as I consider it to be a thoroughly superior game to The Dig, anyway. Still, I merit The Dig as an excellent game in it's own right, because it's a completely different experience and explores different themes - I value your intuitive and constructive bullet-points and I agree with many.

You seem to have a keen eye for detail as you bring up excellent insight and trivia that some other reviewers barely touch on, albeit poorly. Besides, I enjoy the observations of another perspective on material that I know extremely well.

Keep it up.