You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Reader Reviews A Vampyre Story (YouTube)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2009, 05:24 PM   #1

Default A Vampyre Story (YouTube)

A Vampyre Story

I am sorry to spam 3 threads in such quick secession on here. but I wanted to get the 2 tutorials I had already done onto this forum as I was working on my 3rd review. A Vampyre Stroy" My reviews should slow down now so do not expect another for a while.

Well I can not seam to stop doing these reviews. They are pretty fun to put together and to think critically about the games rather than just playing them.. and as I am pretty much constantly playing adventure games it is not like I am going to run out. Still they do take time and I am pretty sure I will be done with it for a while (though I remember saying that after I did the one for The Dig)

Anyway in this review I have chosen to do a modern title, probably one of the few I will do for the foreseeable future as my heart is really in retro adventure games, for some reason the new games just do not have the same power over me. Still I did like this game and have tried to use this review to talk less about if the game is good or bad but to discuss some ideas about adventure game design that is illustrated in this game.

Anyway... hope you like it and as always I welcome any comments.

YouTube = A Vampyre Story (Review)
YouTube Direct Link MP4 (32meg) - download
YouTube Direct Link HD MP4 (152meg) - download
Old 07-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #2

I played A Vampire Story demo and didn't really liked it, however i did like your review, again.
Its so dificult to find good video reviews, even on professional websites (mainly because of terrible narrators). However your voice is pretty good and you have a nice accent, keep up the good work.

Last edited by Roper Klacks; 07-31-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:34 PM   #3

Just wanted to say great reviews so far, i have a couple suggestions if possible, i would love if you gave a numeric rating such as 8/10 or 4/5, for me its so much easier to judge someones feelings on a game when its put into numbers.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #4
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT

have to agree with Lex too! Once again, i'll be trying to keep a copy of this review to look at a bit more closely when i've got more time because i have this game on backorder (not easy to get in australia) and it shouldnt be too far away so the more reviews the better.

GoT