You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems The Black Mirror - Alter Puzzle Help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2003, 07:12 PM   #1
King's Quest fan

Default The Black Mirror - Alter Puzzle Help

Can anyone provide a step-by-step solution to the alter puzzle in Chapter 3 of the Black Mirror? I have never been able to solve these kinds of puzzles my entire life, and am having no luck with this one. I would hate it if I cannot continue the game simply because I cannot solve this one puzzle.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:01 PM   #2
King's Quest fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcomp72
Can anyone provide a step-by-step solution to the alter puzzle in Chapter 3 of the Black Mirror? I have never been able to solve these kinds of puzzles my entire life, and am having no luck with this one. I would hate it if I cannot continue the game simply because I cannot solve this one puzzle.

Thanks in advance.
I just solved the puzzle! I've never solved one of these slider puzzles before in my life. But, I really can't take any of the credit for doing so. I ran across a web page that talked about solving a similar slider puzzle for another game. I followed the same instructions, and it worked like a charm. For those of you who also having a hard time solving it, go to the following page:

http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcSs/safecrac.htm

You can disregard the section entitled "Now here's the bad news". That problem does not relate to the Black Mirror.

If you're like me and you've never been able to solve slide puzzles, this page should help you out a lot.

For those of you that need to see the order in which the pieces need to be in to solve the puzzle, go to the following web site. They have a picture of it in the walk-though.

http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/...lackMirror.htm

Good luck to all!