You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2003, 02:30 PM   #1
Munior Jember

Default Black Mirror, Ch 5, need help

Ok I'm a little frustrated. I even used the walkthrough but I can't get past a certain spot.

I did all of the below
Spoiler:
Castle - Talk to Bates in kitchen and tell him about Robert and convince him not to tell Victoria.

Robert's study - Use Robert's key on door of Robert's study.

Picture - Enter and look close at the picture above the table on the left. The man has one of the sacred keys. We have to find out who this man from the past.

Table - Look close at table and see a cocoa box. Click to open the lid of the cocoa tin and click inside the tin to get a small key. Use the key on top drawer of the table. Take a paper. Right click on the paper in inventory and see it a code of some kind. It's blank. Open the lower drawer and see a picture of Robert's wife that left him - Sophie. Go to one of the lights by the bookcase and click the paper on the lamp. See 6 3 0 8 1.

Bookcase - Click on the MCXX (1120) above the middle bookcase and Samuel says it is the year prior to building the foundation of the castle.

Clock - Note the clock chimes and is exactly 12 o'clock. Hmm. Click on the red button at the middle of the hands and change the time to 11:20. Press the needle on top. If done correctly, the needle will do a full turn and the clock will chime.

Safe - The middle bookcase opens to reveal a safe.

Safe puzzle - From the paper we need to enter 6 3 0 8 1.

Click on first frame at bottom. Click on dial to change it to 6. Click on first frame to close it.

Click on next frame and change it to 3. Do all until you have entered 6 3 0 8 1.

If correctly done, a click will be heard and the safe opens.

Look in the safe and read Robert's diary about his experiments and his plans for James. Read William's last will that states that Victoria gets all of William's personal possession while Samuel gets the family's estate - Black Mirror and the lands. James was to stay in the Castle for as long as he wants. Robert was disowned. Take the ring. Read undelivered William's letter to Samuel right before he died. Right click on the ring and see that it has runes and Latin words.

but he won't talk to Victoria which should be the next step! Help! I have gone everywhere I can and talked to everyone I can but nothing!

Anybody know whats up?

Thanks