You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #1

Default Help me please.

I recently bought Runaway: A Twist Of Fate. I have installed the game correctly and also installed DirectX 9.0 and i reach the requirements to play the game. They is just one problem. When i try to start the game up it says: "The screen adapter for Runaway: A Twist of Fate was not set up." What do i do? Can someone give me a detailed explanation on how to fix this please? I am running windows XP service pack 3 - 32 bit.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Pixiehunter

I don't think it is an XP issue. I ran ToF on XP SP 3 - 32 bit, and the only problem it gave was related to my video card. Which brings me to the question: what video card do you have?

As said, I also had some trouble running Twist of Fate on my XP (not the same error though, I could run the game, but encountered glitches, eventually ending up in the game crashing as soon as I wanted to enter a certain scene). The problem was my good old RADEON 9200 video card. It seems that ToF runs on quite a lot of video cards, but the RADEON 9200 series (it could also be a larger range of series, RADEON 92xx maybe, but that I can't remember) is the exception to the rule.

Given that you get an error that to my layman's ears sounds like a graphic error, it may be your videocard. For me updating drivers did not work, so I ended up playing the game on my laptop instead.

EDIT: did some quick googeling, it could be a solvable thing as well. See http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=786154, if you got the game from Steam. Otherwise, you may want to look in a similar direction, and try tweaking video settings for the game?
Old 10-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #3

Ah just found the problem. I went to:

"Start>All Programs>Pendulo Studios>RUNAWAY: A TWIST OF FATE>Runaway - A Twist of Fate - Config."

I found out that it says something about not suggested resolution. Take a look for yourself.

http://imageshack.us/f/855/helpvn.png/

Got any idea on how to fix this?

Last edited by Nightymare13; 10-16-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
Pixiehunter

What I do notice is that the resolution field is empty. Could you check if there are any options at all in that drop down menu? If so, you could see if any of those resolutions does not give the error. (If more seem to work, you can of course choose the one that looks best on your screen )
Old 10-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #5

Well the first one is the only one i have. Also when i type something in the empty box and click accept nothing happens. Can you help me with that do you know what to type?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
Pixiehunter

So, what you're saying is that there are no items in the resolution drop down menu? If the resolution drop down menu gives no options at all, and when the only option you have with the adaptor drop down menu is the option you have selected then I am afraid I don't know how to solve that.

I am still suspection your videocard. From what I get ATI cards give are the cards that give most of the trouble (with compatibility issues with ATI graphics controllers from between, say, 2002 and 2004; the 9200 series for example), but the x1950 is said to be supported (although I have no idea how old that card would be...perhaps it is an 'old' ATI card anyway?)

Anyway, I am afraid I am running out of ideas...You could try to update your video driver and make sure the game's patches are up to date, but other than that I am afraid I don't know how to solve this.