You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #1

Default Goin' Downtown graphics problem

So I just bought goin' downtown from the adventure shop but for some reason the characters and some of the objects in the game aren't rendering right. I can play the game but the graphics are so annoying it makes it impossible for me to enjoy the game. Some things I can't even tell what they are. I've attached an image showing what the problem looks like.

I went to the settings and changed everything in them and it doesn't fix the problem. I've never had a problem playing adventure games on my computer before. It plays the roadtrip games just fine, so I'm pretty sure my computer should be able to play this game.

I'm hoping somebody has had this problem and found an easy way to fix it. It seems like a really cool game but there's no way I'm going to play it like this.

I've downloaded the latest version of direct x. I have a 32-bit operating system with 2 gig bites of ram. I use windows xp with 1.86 GHz processor. It could be the processor but if so this really sucks.
Attached Images

Last edited by Puzzler; 07-11-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #2

Yes, it was my crappy computer. I tried it on a better computer and it worked excellent. I guess I should be more careful about checking the system requirements for now on.

I do like the graphics now. The comic book graphics this game uses are pure eye candy.