You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Stalker of Britain

Default Last Express with DosBox

I just received "The Last Express" as a gift on GOG, and I installed it fine. It's getting it to play that's a pain.

I know how to mount things on DosBox, and I get to the "c: cd express" when it gets confused. It says that it could not detect a cd-rom drive. However, since I bought it on GOG, there shouldn't be a cd. I've tried different command prompts, but nothing so far.

I've looked around in the Hints and Technical Help section but haven't found any answers. Can someone help me run this game? Am I typing in the commands wrong, or is there a different installer I can use, even though it's a GOG game?

(GOGs been giving me some trouble for awhile. I tried to redownload it, yet it said the files were corrupt, and tried to give me a .bin file...*eyeroll*)

Please someone help.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 05-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #2

The Windows version seems to run fine on even Win7 x64. If the GOG release did not ship with the Windows interpreter you will need to use DOSBox. However, The GOG installer should have set it up for you.

I would have to take a look at it, but if the way that GOG handled the CD was to mount an image or a folder as a CD drive, your autoexec section needs to have mountings for both a "C:" drive and a "D:". Post your autoexec section here.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
Stalker of Britain

*headdesk* I figured it out. I just needed to use the shortcuts that GOG gave me. I tend to delete them, but this was one such occurance where I actually needed it. Sorry, Collector, please ignore her.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
A Guy You May Never Meet

Send a message via AIM to nightfan Send a message via MSN to nightfan

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem. Could you point me in the right direction? It says I need a CD.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #5

Is this the GOG version?
Old 07-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #6
A Guy You May Never Meet

Send a message via AIM to nightfan Send a message via MSN to nightfan

Never mind guys, I figured it out. I had to use DOSBOX but it works dandily now. Thank you!