You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Need savegame 4 Watchmaker - apparently unique bug

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Need savegame 4 Watchmaker - apparently unique bug

I keep running into the same problem - every time I get Darrell to pour the blood onto the red rose, he appears to drink the blood instead and nothing happens. The time does not advance, Greta does not come to fetch the tray and I cannot progress in the game at all. I restarted the game and followed the walkthrough exactly (http://www.mrbillsadventureland.com/...atchmakerW.htm), but the problem still occurs.

Leading up to this point, everything seems fine. I have already found Jude's book and looked at the pamphlet that talks about bleeding roses, so Darrell should know what to do. When I return to the castle after narrowly escaping the sandtrap, Greta pops up and gives me a scolding, I can find Stephen in the kitchen making tea and the time is 5:15pm, so everything seems to be on schedule. I have trawled the internet looking for a solution, but I seem to be the only person who has this bug. Go figure

Could someone please, please send me a savegame from just after Greta taking the tray to Jude? Maybe it's safest after the cutscene where Darrell tells Jude that her necklace is cursed as I'm not sure whether that cutscene is somehow the problem. Much gratitude!