You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems HI again, having problems running kings quest 7 on vista?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 AM   #1

Default HI again, having problems running kings quest 7 on vista?

Hi all from australia. Anyway the situation is l bought the classic sierra adventure games like kings quest, police quest for windows xp last year. Now l am using windows vista (business), and l have been able to play kings quest 1-6 without no problems at all, but over the last day ive spent about 5 hours trying to figure this out, basically l load kings quest 7 and the message states that l need to have 256 colors or more, and something about changing my video card (l think anyway). After a few hours of mucking about l managed to change my vista color settings from 32-bit to 16-bit (high color l think) and the game can play, but the problem is the screen isn't big, its cut off on the bottom and l can't get a fullscreen? Yet when l change to 256 colors (there's 4 types on my windows vista) the screen is bigger, but l get color problems.
So to sum it all up if anyone has any solutions/answers on how l can get kings quest 7 to run as best as possible on windows vista then that would be great!

much thanks
ciao
aaron )
Old 12-21-2008, 04:16 AM   #2
Caffein Queen

See if these people can help you

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 12-21-2008, 04:16 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I used DOS Box, and never experienced any problem. I leave you a couple of helpful links:

http://www.sierrahelp.com/Games/KingsQuest/KQ7&XP.html

http://www.sierrahelp.com/Games/King...Q7&DOSBox.html

Hope it can help!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box