You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugu13 View Post
hey guys,

I have a black-mirror-problem too...
the game wokrs very well, but there are big pink squares everywhere! so I just see the half pictures-.-
perhaps someone of you could help me, it would be great!
so, I forgot to tell you:
I have the latest drivers and the patch.
and vista, could that be the problem??
Old 07-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #62

I have tried all of the solutions, but found none worked, but after playing around the game worked!

1. Make a backup of the adgs config file.
2. Open adgs config file in notepad
3. Delete the line path=gfx3.grp
4. Save Changes and run adgs.exe

This solves the black screen problem.
Im not sure how it has effected anything later in the game, but it runs OK for me.

Let me know how it goes
Old 08-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #63

the pink squares are there anyway...
Old 11-12-2008, 09:40 AM   #64

OMG I got so mad, because I just got installed my English copy od Black Mirror I purchased with difficulty and it would not start, until I followed these instructions. Thanks carlmej, well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmej View Post

1. Make a backup of the adgs config file.
2. Open adgs config file in notepad
3. Delete the line path=gfx3.grp
4. Save Changes and run adgs.exe
It is so frustrating, as it is an original copy and happens just after my long struggle with Discworld Noir

Adventure Games do demand patience after all.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:48 AM   #65

Default Problems with The Black Mirrors

I'm writing from Italy. Can you help me, please for game The Black Mirror?
Installation is ok, the colours of the presentation and introdution are ok, but when the game starts, it's very dark. I've installed Power strip and changed some risolutions but...no well. The colours change only with the preseletion autokey, but I must push it any time I change room. It's unsopportable, you know!
My os is windows 98
Thanks you so much...Ciaooo
Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #66

Default Black mirror problem

I've purchased (a legal version) of Black Mirror some time ago. I've played till the third chapter. Then I didn't have the time, so I didn't play for a while. (a month or two)
When I tried, this morning, to open the game, it didn't work. I didn't get a error-message of something different. Nothing happens. I just doesn't open.
I tried to re-install the game, but it still doesn't open.
Hope you can help me! Thanx!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #67

I just finished the game, and to get it started I had to delete the gfx3.grp path. Thanks for that help!

BUT it seems to create another problem. I was very confused about Samuels dreams, because I didn't see any - and therefore missed hints. I had to check the WT.
And the end also missed something. I entered the keys in the tomb, and Samuel read from the book, an then......the credits....?

Hmmm...that gfx3.grp must have been some video clips that couln't play. Anyone who has got around this? I tried to put the path back, but then it didn't load (of course, since that was the problem to start with).

Ideas anyone?
Old 06-18-2009, 05:07 AM   #68

I wouldn't recommend deleting the "gfx3.grp" as suggested, since you will miss a lot of cutscenes.

I had the same problems as mentioned here, and got it solved by installing older drivers. These drivers worked for me: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77.html
Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 AM   #69
Dark fall fan

Send a message via MSN to Big Al

damn it. i didn't have this problem untill i entered chaper 4 and i go out of the castle!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #70

Default keep getting blocked in black mirror

Hi everyone, I've started playing Black mirror and although I like the game, I keep losing a lot of time having to go back very far in order to be able to continue... For instance, I've had to go back several times in time, do the same order of things to be able to get the key in his bedroom...it just wasn't there (even if I did evertyhing the same!).

Now I've talked to the priest, solved the 'peg' riddle and was able to descend...There are however, only two pillars I can complete: 'map' and 'echo'. I know the other two answers, but the amount of letters and the letters themselves on the pillar are not correct!!!
I've tried going back several times, loaded several saves but it's never working... Is this some bug in the system?

Anybody any idea on how I can fix this?

Thanks!