You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems CSI 3 dimensions of murder first case help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2006, 02:33 AM   #1

Default CSI 3 dimensions of murder first case help

okay im on the first case working with warrick...ive collected all the blood samples at the art gallery and the fingerprints and footprints. ive spoken to the curator of the gallery and taken the blood sample from his shoe. ive also been to the artists place and gottne the recorded tape message from him and asked him all the questins. no one has anything else to tell me. the body has been dealt with etc...ive analysed all the samples etc on every machine i can think of (theres only so many times you can hear 'weve done all we can with that item' befre it drives you mad! )...im obviously missing something. i looked at the walk through in complete desperation . it says that i should have 5 samples but i only have 4. i have been back and round everywhere and cant find another one to take. also the 'bodily fluid' sample isnt drawing any clues as it should (again according to the walk through....i had similar problems with the previous three games which all turned out to be glitches and all i needed was a patch to solve it but i cant find any for this one

sorry for the rambling...can anyone help?
Old 06-17-2006, 07:18 AM   #2
I know it's 'Pancake'....

I can't remember correctly, but have you got the fingerprint on the statue stand in the gallery? Have you examined the body thouroughly? you can tell that she's been beten by a blunt object by the way the blood has sprayed up the wall, did you get that? You need to gather enough evidence to call for an autopsy, you then find out that there's a piece of metal from the murder weapon lodged into the wound, you then need to get into the gallery owner's office, you'll need a warrent for that, you find some clues there, which gives you another lead/suspect.

This is all just from the top of my head, it's been a while since I've played it.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #3

hi yes i have the print from the statue, photos of the blood spatter. have asked everyone all the questions but somehow dont have enough evidence to get a warrant for the gallery...totally stuck
Old 06-18-2006, 07:28 AM   #4

I'm having the same problem.I've even resorted to the walkthrough to see if I've missed anything. And this is what it said you had to do....

On the DNA anaylsis machine you have to compare the swab of the victims blood with the blood from the wall then compare the swab of the vics blood with the blood from Nathan Ackermans shoe....I've done all this and it should bring up a match that shows as 'search result D' then you put the 'hair found on victim' into the comparison microscope with the 'search result D'.

But when I do the compare on the DNA machine nothing comes up as 'search result D'...so in turn you can't search on the comparison microscope to bring up the questions that you need to ask Patrick Milton about the brushes.

I'm stuck in a loop

Is there a patch out that will resolve it? I'm going to take the thing back to the shop if it's a common problem. This sin't the first forum where I have seen this problem
Old 06-18-2006, 11:52 AM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

I don't think this is a technical glitch. More likely everyone's looking at the same walkthrough, which isn't quite right. (That's just a guess on my part -- I don't know if the walkthrough is right or not -- but it wouldn't be the first time I saw people complaining about a bug because their game wasn't behaving the way the walkthrough said it should!)

What happens when you put the hair on the comparison microscope? I don't remember having to compare it to any other DNA.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:40 PM   #6

well your supposed to be able to compare the bodily fluid sample to another one and pull up the vic other halfs previos but i cant even do that and so cant get any warrants or anything
Old 06-18-2006, 01:37 PM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

Okay, I just replayed this part of the case.

Choccy:

Spoiler:
You don't need to compare the hair to anything. Just put it on the comparison microscope by itself and do a search. You'll get four (or five?) possible matches -- the correct one is D (squirrel hair). Once you've confirmed that match, Warrick should say something about paintbrushes and you can go back to the artist and get his brushes from him.

Chrisbear - Did you already search the gallery office? If yes:

Spoiler:
So you've searched the gallery office, and gotten the bodily fluid on a swab, and you're saying that it doesn't pull up a match on the DNA machine? What happens when you put it on the DNA machine and search? The correct match is C. It also matches the semen found in the victim's body. (You may need to do a search on the semen found in the victim's body *first* -- I think that's what pulls up the fiance's record. Did you do that already?)

If you haven't searched the gallery office yet, you should only have one bodily fluid sample so far (semen found in victim's body). What happens when you put this on the DNA machine and do a search?

EDIT: The possible matches should show up automatically at the top of the screen after you drag the semen sample onto the DNA machine. Drag each one down onto the machine until you find one that looks like it matches, and then click "confirm match" to hear what Warrick has to say about it.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #8

Thanks for he reply Fov.

That's the thing. If I put the hair on the comparison microscope you cannot search. The only thing you can do is compare it to another. There is no search button. Even putting the hair in either one or both scopes doesn't come up with anything

And re the semen found on the vic. If you search it on the DNA machine it doesn't come up with any evidence at all. (I haven't got as far as getting into the back office yet)
Old 06-18-2006, 03:59 PM   #9
fov
Rattenmonster

No search button? That's so weird.

Can you send me your saved game? (Both CSISaveGame1_Case1 and the CSI3SaveGame.prop file.) You should be able to zip them up and attach them here.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #10

Well here goes. Bit of a forum virgin when it comes to gaming

I'll check back later. It's nearly 2am over here and I think I need some sleep.

I thought it was strange that there was no search button. And have just double checked the DNA thing using the hints and Warwick says that the semen sample needs to be searched. Yes it searches but brings nothing up. This is seriously doing my head in. Never had problems like this with the otehr two games.

Thanks for all your help. Hope I've done the attachments right
Attached Files
File Type: zip CSI3SaveGame1.zip (687 Bytes, 146 views)
File Type: zip CSI3SaveGame1_Case1.zip (28.5 KB, 145 views)
Old 06-18-2006, 05:20 PM   #11
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks. I loaded up your saved game and tried it out. I think you might be having trouble with the interface, because I didn't have any problem with it.

First, the hair. Drag the hair out of your inventory and onto the microscope. When you go into the close-up view of the microscope, five possible matches show up at the top of the screen. (You're right that there's no search button at this point - sorry about that.) Drag each sample down onto the microscope until you find one that looks the same as the hair from the gallery. (As you already know, the right answer is D. ) When you have D on the microscope, press Confirm Match, and Warrick will say something about it being squirrel hair, which is common in paintbrushes.

Next, the swab. Drag it onto the DNA machine. Again, in the close-up view, five choices will show up at the top of the screen. Drag each one down until you find the match (it's C), then press Confirm Match, and the info about the boyfriend's prior record will display.

Just in case you're still having trouble with it, I saved the game after doing both of these things. You can stick these two files into your game folder (replacing the ones you have in there now) and when you load the game it will start up right after Warrick said that the boyfriend has a record, and we should go talk to Brass about it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip csi.zip (28.5 KB, 148 views)
Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 AM   #12

Thanks for all your help Fov. After I tried to do what you said, with increasing frustration, I think I may have just figured out where I was going wrong and I have a feeling Chrisbear is doing the same judging by his post.

When I was searching on the machines what I thought was the search progression (above the place where you put the evidence) was, in fact, the search results and you can drag them onto the search area and confirm the match. Oops.

Feel slightly silly now, but I hope me admitting it will help someone else looking in

Thanks once again
Old 06-19-2006, 06:59 AM   #13
fov
Rattenmonster

No problem!

It's one of those things that seems obvious if you know what you're doing, but isn't obvious at all the first time around. It should probably be explained more clearly in the walkthrough, too.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #14

you are a star...i would never have figured that out...theyve never done that before you alwayd had to have the stuff before you could compare...thank you so much
Old 06-20-2006, 10:13 AM   #15
fov
Rattenmonster

You're welcome! Enjoy the game.