You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #1

Default Barrow Hill Hints Needed

Just got to the bit where the sentry stone appears.Using the walkthrough it says this appears at random.However even though it tells u what to do if it dosent appear,the walkthrough fails to tell u what to do if the stone does block your patch.And it does every single time i try.Regards Mat
Old 06-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #2
Super Moderator

If it's in your way, don't touch it (you'll die but the game will put you back where you were). Just turn around and go away. Go a couple screens away from the stone, look at something else and go back and the sentry should be gone. I typically just went back to the gas station and then went back and the sentry had left.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:55 AM   #3

Thx for the advice but the sentry still there.I go back to thegas station turn round go back and its still blocking my way.I dont get it its ment to be at random but it just keeps coming back.I was enjoying this game upuntill this point but its now getting me frustrated
Old 06-09-2006, 06:52 AM   #4
Super Moderator

The game is pretty non linear in the order in which you can do things. I'm not sure what all you have done but perhaps you need to go gather some more things, explore other areas and then come back. You likely haven't done something to trigger the game to move on. That's what I can think of for now.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #5

Well ive started again and got to the same point and the same again sentry stone comes up and cant get past whatever i do.surely those who have done this game from the walkthrough posted on game boomers can give some help.Im awaiting an email from game makers about this also.Cause ive tried everything i can think of
Old 06-10-2006, 11:02 AM   #6

Hehe, I was stuck there too I have been running around for half of an eternity until I found out what area I had missed ^^" You don't need to go to the stone circle before pretty much the end of the game. Have you already been behind the service station?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:07 AM   #7

No i ll give that a go lol
Old 06-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #8

Ok finally i got unstuck but im now stuck again.Where is the phone booth.Apparently u hear growing voice from the walkthrough.I been searching half hr and cant find this at all

ps The sentry still there however thx to Lilith i can now carry on
Old 06-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #9

Well, simply walk past the service station... You will need a lamp to progress though
Old 06-13-2006, 06:11 AM   #10

Default I need help

Hallo to everyone!
I'm an Italian girl and I'm just playing Barrow Hill, but I'm stuck and I don't know how to solve this problem. I'm at Ben's office and I have to get the unlock code for room n. 1. BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE NUMBER I know that the code is random, so I can't find any help in walkthroughs. Please, if you can tell me some combination of yours maybe I will be able to unstuck myself.
Hope somebody can help me
Thankyou in advance and sorry for my language mistakes
Old 06-13-2006, 06:28 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Do you mean the number that Ben hands you on a slip of paper? It's a 3 digit number. When you click on the doorknob of the room, you get a close up of a keypad and you just click on the numbers and enter the combo. I hope that helps. Ben gives you that number when you talk to him at a certain point in the game, you can't get it earlier.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:43 AM   #12

I thought he had to TELL me a number, not to give me a paper...the fact is that when i knock the door he just talk to me about the jeep and another car which arrived but he gives me nothing. Maybe I had to do something that I didn't.
Anyway thankyou very much for your help!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:51 AM   #13
Super Moderator

You may not be at that point in the game yet. Do some more exploring and gathering of items and keep talking to Ben. I can't remember exactly when you trigger that.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #14

iostessa did u manage get the code in the end.Im having same problem.Im at the bit just after being in motel room 3 looking at all the scientific report of the digs.Problem is Ben is no longer in the office and theres a hug hole in the wall in the back.Where i can enter if i go round the back through the fence near the swings.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:49 PM   #15

I didn't use a walkthrough but I think the code for room #1 was written down somewhere. I don't think I got it from Ben - it was in the office file or somewhere like that. Maybe you're not far enough into the game yet.

mathall1 - shuck that walkthrough and just play, it sounds like it's confusing you and screwing you up. You might be better off without it.

happy trails,

Carolyn

ETA: Code is in top drawer of filing cabinet.

Last edited by trudysgarden; 06-15-2006 at 04:55 PM.