You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2005, 01:06 PM   #1

Default Save Game for Indigo Prophecy

Anyone got a save to get me past Lucas' Apartment? The bloody button bashing bit at the end (i think) of the wind sequence is driving me mad. I tried trainers so I didn't lose lives (they didn't work) and also setting the difficulty right to easy aswell..... This is driving me nuts!!!!

Cheers in Advance
Old 11-11-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

I'm not sure how the saves work in this game. With the profiles and autosaves, I wouldn't even know how to go about it. I have poked around in the folders but haven't seen anything that even looks like a saved game.

Are you using the keyboard? If so, my suggestion is to try it with a gamepad, or get another person to help you with the keyboard. I've heard the keyboard is easier if one person focuses on the left Simon thingie and the other person on the right.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:21 PM   #3

Default Save Location

My save profile resides in My Documents\atari\Indigo Prophecy Profile. I managed to find a save, but that doesn't work because thier screen settings must be set higher than my monitor can handle as it says "out of range."

Any more help will be gratefully recieved...

Cheers in Advance
Old 11-12-2005, 11:58 AM   #4

Default Someone PLEASE!

Some of you must be able to help me with this little dilemma? I will be greatful to say the least...

Cheers in advance..
Old 11-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Okay, I see the profiles.

Maybe if you send me yours, I can play through that scene and send it back to you? That would make more sense than me sending you my profile with the entire game finished.

Last edited by fov; 12-31-2005 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:26 PM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

Doozy, I just sent back the save. But check and make sure your gamepad is configured correctly. I think the right stick is mapped wrong and that's why you were having trouble.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:34 PM   #7

Default Cheers for that..

Thanks for your effort...

Well pleased with where I am on the save. What did I miss after lucas' apartment? Also, the way the controls were set after you saved were alien to me... Maybe its because we got different USB-Playstation Pad controllers...

Again thanks for your time and I owe you one
Old 11-13-2005, 03:57 PM   #8
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozy
Thanks for your effort...

Well pleased with where I am on the save. What did I miss after lucas' apartment? Also, the way the controls were set after you saved were alien to me... Maybe its because we got different USB-Playstation Pad controllers...
Could be. All I know is that when I first started, I tried to move the right analog stick to the left and it went to the right instead. So I went into the controls and changed it.

Here's what you missed:

Spoiler:
Lucas dodges various flying things in his apartment until the balcony doors fly open, and there's basically nothing left in the apartment and the floor is falling away beneath him. He runs onto the balcony, and there's just a little piece of it left (the rest has disappeared) and the hooded figure that he saw during his trance at the beginning of the game shows up behind him and pushes him off the edge of the balcony. Then we go to Marcus, who is riding up the elevator to Lucas's apartment. He says that what Lucas told him has been bothering him all day and he wants to see how his brother is doing. He gets into the hallway and the player has control of Marcus now. He knocks on Lucas's door but there's no answer - we see in a split screen that Lucas is hanging off the edge of his balcony. (The apartment and balcony are in tact again.) Marcus hears Lucas yell and busts down the door (it's Super Priest!), runs onto the balcony, and pulls Lucas back up. Lucas gets in the fetal position and starts saying how someone was trying to kill him, and Marcus goes "What are you talking about? You're the only one here!" and then Lucas goes "I don't know what's happening to me" and Marcus goes "It'll be all right" and hugs him. Nice little male bonding moment.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:38 PM   #9
merely human

Actually, Doozy missed a huge lot of drama there. Too bad. Heh.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-13-2005, 05:03 PM   #10
fov
Rattenmonster

That's actually a scene I replayed myself a couple of times, just to see the bit on the balcony again. I thought it was a nice moment between the two of them.

It's too bad there wasn't an autosave before it shifts to Marcus.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:52 PM   #11

Default So ultimately....

Where in the hell was I going wrong? Were you using the right analogue stick to do the last bit or were you using the shouder buttons? Myself, I used the shoulder buttons and couldn't either hit them fast enough or slow enough in perfect rythmn (if that makes sense).
Old 11-13-2005, 10:55 PM   #12
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozy
Where in the hell was I going wrong? Were you using the right analogue stick to do the last bit or were you using the shouder buttons? Myself, I used the shoulder buttons and couldn't either hit them fast enough or slow enough in perfect rythmn (if that makes sense).
Is the part you're talking about the left-right arrow thing? If yes, I don't use the shoulder buttons for those... I use the arrow keys on my keyboard. MUCH easier to alternate two fingers on the same hand than to alternate fingers on opposite hands (for me, anyway).

I did have trouble with that sequence in other places (like the police station basement), but not here.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:10 AM   #13
Lazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
That's actually a scene I replayed myself a couple of times, just to see the bit on the balcony again. I thought it was a nice moment between the two of them.

It's too bad there wasn't an autosave before it shifts to Marcus.
I believe there is an autosave right after you gain control of Marcus.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:35 AM   #14
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobee
I believe there is an autosave right after you gain control of Marcus.
Nope. Tried it.

Unless I didn't wait long enough, but I quit when he was in the elevator and then had to replay the whole apartment sequence.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:55 AM   #15
Lazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Nope. Tried it.

Unless I didn't wait long enough, but I quit when he was in the elevator and then had to replay the whole apartment sequence.
you quit too early i guess? or else try to fail saving lucas once, it will begin from markus on the apartment corridor, quit there and see.......because i surely remember i dun have to play the whole storm thing for trying out to see the outcome for failing to save lucas!
Old 12-14-2005, 01:05 PM   #16

I kinda played this scene 2 days or something with a friend of mine. We even had a system for typing the right arrows on the right time
I wrote down all the arrows and then navigated my friend so he would know what comes next. No reaction was needed and it was much easier. I have another friend however who did the whole scene infront of me from the first time. He is some sort of freak maybe but he did it.
So I guess it takes some time but after some practise you can get very good at it...
Old 12-15-2005, 03:59 AM   #17
Lazi

i really feel it's much more easier for those action sequences if you turn your graphic to the lowest.....it really helped...
Old 03-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
I'm not sure how the saves work in this game. With the profiles and autosaves, I wouldn't even know how to go about it. I have poked around in the folders but haven't seen anything that even looks like a saved game.

Are you using the keyboard? If so, my suggestion is to try it with a gamepad, or get another person to help you with the keyboard. I've heard the keyboard is easier if one person focuses on the left Simon thingie and the other person on the right.
hey can u please send me the save games ( complete ) in english...please i am stuck...thnx..my email id is [email protected]
Old 03-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #19
fov
Rattenmonster

Sorry, my saves are long gone...

Where are you stuck? Maybe someone else can help out.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #20

I have solved the riddle of “The Storm!” After trying for months to get past this level in Lucas’ apartment and failing every time at some point of the track-meet style left-right button mashing I finally found the answer from the lady who did the development work on this mechanic. I followed her advice and got through the level with absolutely no problem. Here is what she said in a nutshell: First; when you are entering the track meet events, a “Get Ready” graphic of the track meet meter flashes on the screen. DON’T START PUSHING BUTTONS! Wait for the real meter to come up and then (this is key) start with the LEFT button first. If you start pushing buttons early (when the get ready graphic pops up) you will likely be pushing the right-hand button when the test actually starts and will immediately fail the test. You must start with the left button. Also, don’t try to go to fast! The developer said that a speed of about 4 clicks per second is good enough to pass the tests. Throughout the game the meter never has to be maxed out to pass. It only needs to be beyond 50% to pass. I tried those three pieces of advice (wait for the actual meter to show up, start with the left key and don’t try to go too fast) and passed with no problem. I hope this works for all of you too.