Dreamfall : gamepad problem - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
Lazi

Default Dreamfall : gamepad problem

I'm using logitech rumble pad, it has 2 analog sticks (i'm not sure if that's what it's called). OK, so in dreamfall set up for pad, there are 3 directions thing to set, d-pad, movment, camera (not sure if i remember the terms right)...i just follow the diagram thing to set.

During the game, dunno why the camera keeps moving around and around, circling...and makes me dizzy ... i dunno what's wrong...it doesn't have this problem if i use keyboard only...anyone?
Old 05-13-2006, 12:47 AM   #2

I had that problem once with Silent Hill 3. I restarted the computer with the controller unplugged, then when it was back up I reconnected and let it be recognized by the pc....then without touching the sticks at all I started up the game.
Also you probably don't but if you have a Xbox360 controller, it works great! I don't know if the wireless one works but the corded one found the drivers online and had no issues with it.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:06 AM   #3
Lazi

the only pad i have is that wingman rumble pad...maybe i should install the pad's cd software and see if it works better...u know i'm not required to do so because my notebk recognize the pad when i plug it in already
Old 05-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #4
Lazi

no luck, i guess the problem arises from my malfunctioning left joystick of the pad

see from the pad's testing page ...dunno why the axis left joystick isn't in the middle like the right one and it keeps moving itself around without me touching the left joystick too...

i guess it's broken after my playing hard the simon game in Fahrenheit

any idea??
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #5

I think you have to calibrate your pad. Go to the control panel, then game controllers. You should be able to see your controller now. After clicking on the properties of your rumblepad, you'll see where to go to calibrate it. I have Logitech cordless rumblepad also, and I played and finished Dreamfall with it perfectly. I didn't touch the default settings of the game. Hope this helped..
Old 04-30-2010, 05:14 AM   #6
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Rise from your grave!!

So, Dreamfall doesn't like my gamepads. I have Clone Twin Shock (a cheap pad) and a Sony Dual Shock 2 (hooked with a USB adapter) but the game doesn't seem to recognize any of them so far. I looked for patches, but apparently I have the latest version installed. I'm thinking of using an wired Xbox 360 controller. Have anyone here tested Dreamfall with the 360 pad?
Old 04-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldO View Post
Rise from your grave!!

So, Dreamfall doesn't like my gamepads. I have Clone Twin Shock (a cheap pad) and a Sony Dual Shock 2 (hooked with a USB adapter) but the game doesn't seem to recognize any of them so far. I looked for patches, but apparently I have the latest version installed. I'm thinking of using an wired Xbox 360 controller. Have anyone here tested Dreamfall with the 360 pad?
I tested a wireless x360 pad under win7 x64 and it doesn't work.

Logitech Extreme Action PS2 Controller wired pad with usb adapter works.

Last edited by Simplex; 04-11-2011 at 04:23 PM.