You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Xbox 360 price reported

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 08:15 AM   #21

I probably wound not be getting any of the next gen colsole myself. What I will end up doing is trick next gen console whore like Trep into selling his Xbox real cheap and play some Xbox games for a year or two and wait for the eventual price drop.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:26 AM   #22
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsez
Or Katamari Damacy, the Silent Hill series, Gradius V, Disgaea, Rez, MGS3, GT4, FFX, DMC3, the entire PSOne lineup...
His point excactly. (At least how I got it.) And I agree with Temporaryscars 100%.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:00 AM   #23
Final Fantasy IXer

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
As far as i'm concerned, anything plastation is a generated for the masses type of system. Just another machine for the idiots to play the latest installment of madden.
Then you obviously know nothing of the greatness that is Final Fantasy.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:08 AM   #24
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja
Then you obviously know nothing of the greatness that is Final Fantasy.
I do. I played VII, and while it was fun, I was hardly impressed. Japanese RPG's are boring and lame in my opinion.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist
His point excactly. (At least how I got it.) And I agree with Temporaryscars 100%.
And you'd be so so wrong. I dare you to try Katamari Damacy for 30 minutes and not run out and buy a Playstation 2 just to continue to play the game. PS2 by far has the best/wideset game library of the top three systems.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #26

Quote:
I do. I played VII, and while it was fun, I was hardly impressed. Japanese RPG's are boring and lame in my opinion.
Please see above pic. I would enjoy torturing you with anime and Japanese games oh so much!

Old 08-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #27

I'm always astonished how people can think japanese rpgs are boring. At least they have emotion, an epic story that goes straight to your heart, music and atmosphere with a soul that even Led Zeppelins Stairway to Heaven have trouble matching.

Western rpgs however, is about as fun and entertaining as reading our shopping list.

Well, apart from Planescape: Torment. Maybe KOTOR, but even that is so DULL compared to most of the japanese RPGS I've played.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist
So Katamari Damacy, Silent Hill, Rez and ICO are typical cookie cutter anime games?

...what?

That doesn't even make any sense. Yes, they all come from Japan, but one is influenced by Price of Persia, one by Jacob's Ladder, one has no basis in any previous game at all, and the other is just a bunch of wireframes.

Yeah, it just sounds like stupid trolling to me from people who haven't played the games. Or played one or two of them and think "well, that about covers the entire system." I'd expect that kind of crap from fourteen year olds at GameFAQs.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:45 PM   #29
Banned User

Quote:
So Katamari Damacy, Silent Hill, Rez and ICO are typical cookie cutter anime games?

...what?

That doesn't even make any sense. Yes, they all come from Japan, but one is influenced by Price of Persia, one by Jacob's Ladder, one has no basis in any previous game at all, and the other is just a bunch of wireframes.

Yeah, it just sounds like stupid trolling to me from people who haven't played the games. Or played one or two of them and think "well, that about covers the entire system." I'd expect that kind of crap from fourteen year olds at GameFAQs.
Well for one thing, Silent Hill is a bad example considering you can play them on xbox with better looking graphics and extras. Look up any review for SH and you'll see the xbox ones always score higher. As for Rez, who the **** wants to play that? Sure, you have ICO, but most of what comes on the PS2 you can get for xbox with better graphics and usually extras. You can't get a lot of the great games made for xbox on PS2 and even when you do, they're usually crappier versions. I'll probably pick up a PS2 in 5 more years when they're $20 just to play ICO, but other than that, it's all junk.

But remember, it's all my opinion, I don't state it as fact, so try to calm down.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #30
Homer of Kittens

Quote:

...what?

There's also Ratchet and Clank, Sly, Jak and Viewtiful Joe. All top notch platformers.
Then there is Resident Evil 4 coming out and God of war, two of the best critically acclaimed games this year.
Then to add to that, you've got Okami and Shadow of the Colossus and we love Katamari and Soul Calibaur 3.

The PS2 was king last gen with its diversity. The XBOX on the other hand had very little in terms of exclusivity that if you didn't buy one, you didn't miss that much.

Firefox rules
Old 08-02-2005, 01:55 PM   #31
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Well for one thing, Silent Hill is a bad example considering you can play them on xbox with better looking graphics and extras. Look up any review for SH and you'll see the xbox ones always score higher. As for Rez, who the **** wants to play that? Sure, you have ICO, but most of what comes on the PS2 you can get for xbox with better graphics and usually extras. You can't get a lot of the great games made for xbox on PS2 and even when you do, they're usually crappier versions. I'll probably pick up a PS2 in 5 more years when they're $20 just to play ICO, but other than that, it's all junk.

But remember, it's all my opinion, I don't state it as fact, so try to calm down.
Tell me what exclusive titles do you own for your XBOX.

Firefox rules
Old 08-02-2005, 01:58 PM   #32
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Tell me what exclusive titles do you own for your XBOX.
I don't have an xbox anymore, I sold it to get money for xbox360. And it's not just about exclusives, it's also about better versions of games across all platforms.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:00 PM   #33
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
I don't have an xbox anymore, I sold it to get money for xbox360. And it's not just about exclusives, it's also about better versions of games across all platforms.
That's what PC's are for.

Firefox rules
Old 08-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #34
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
That's what PC's are for.
Hardly, unless you want to stumble through games using a keyboard and mouse. I bought my Xbox because it had the games that most suited me. I don't like anime style games or games where you play a robot shooting weird looking animals. I hate ninja games or games that have strange translations and story lines about being a magnet and attracting objects to your body and I especially hate the cutesy looking of 90% of games that come out of Japan.

Metal Gear had me until the second one came out and Resident Evil lost me at REmake. I still have Silent Hill, but you can get that on Xbox, so I have no need for other consoles. Not that I wouldn't mind playing any of these weird ass games and owning all consoles, I just can't afford to do such a thing.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:12 PM   #35
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
As for Rez, who the **** wants to play that?
Me?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #36
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue
I'm always astonished how people can think japanese rpgs are boring. At least they have emotion, an epic story that goes straight to your heart, music and atmosphere with a soul that even Led Zeppelins Stairway to Heaven have trouble matching.

Western rpgs however, is about as fun and entertaining as reading our shopping list.

Well, apart from Planescape: Torment. Maybe KOTOR, but even that is so DULL compared to most of the japanese RPGS I've played.
I can't ever get myself to play them because the men look like girls! Can we for once get a Japanese RPG where the men ARE ACTUALLY men, not spikey green haired, crotchless, pre-pube schoolgirls trying to be men?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-02-2005, 02:17 PM   #37
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko
Me?
Yup, you and about 3 other people in the world (not counting Japan).
Old 08-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #38
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Hardly, unless you want to stumble through games using a keyboard and mouse. I bought my Xbox because it had the games that most suited me. I don't like anime style games or games where you play a robot shooting weird looking animals. I hate ninja games or games that have strange translations and story lines about being a magnet and attracting objects to your body and I especially hate the cutesy looking of 90% of games that come out of Japan.

Metal Gear had me until the second one came out and Resident Evil lost me at REmake. I still have Silent Hill, but you can get that on Xbox, so I have no need for other consoles. Not that I wouldn't mind playing any of these weird ass games and owning all consoles, I just can't afford to do such a thing.
So what games do you play on the XBOX? The XBOX is superior to the PS2 only in one category, the FPS. But those really suck without a keyboard/mouse, and the PC is the king of the FPS no contest.

There are more to the PS2 than what you said. RE used to suck, but I've heard that RE4 is the best RE ever made. And you should really check out God of War. It has a sex minigame and blood in the bucket load, and it's by far one of my most favorite games ever. You like fighting games? Soul Calibaur 3 and Tekken 5 are exclusives. And then there are the animes you keep dissing

Firefox rules
Old 08-02-2005, 02:21 PM   #39
merely human

Quote:
It's a matter of preference in the end. I generally don't care for the anime style, and like I said, Japanese RPGs are not to my liking, I'm more partial to Western style RPGs. Beat-em-up games bore me, as do sports games. The only regret I have for not owning a PS2 is ICO (and I even own ICO, just can't play it anymore). I'm perfectly happy with my Xbox.

You guys are just silly with all this console pissing match. Who the hell cares? It shouldn't be a contest, it's simply a matter of what you like and what you're willing to pass on.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-02-2005, 02:27 PM   #40
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
It's a matter of preference in the end. I generally don't care for the anime style, and like I said, Japanese RPGs are not to my liking, I'm more partial to Western style RPGs. Beat-em-up games bore me, as do sports games. The only regret I have for not owning a PS2 is ICO (and I even own ICO, just can't play it anymore). I'm perfectly happy with my Xbox.

You guys are just silly with all this console pissing match. Who the hell cares? It shouldn't be a contest, it's simply a matter of what you like and what you're willing to pass on.
You're right to everyone his own. By the way, back to topic, which of the games in the 360 lineup interest you trepsie?

Firefox rules