You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Xbox 360 price reported

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 04:40 PM   #1
merely human

Default Xbox 360 price reported

Project Gotham Racing 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Quote:
Wallmart slaps an unsurprising price-tag on the 360...

Unconfirmed reports stemming from Walmart employees have today suggested a North American retail price for the Xbox 360 and its launch titles, allegedly set to arrive in shop stores on November 4th.

Naturally a smidgeon of sceptism should be maintained until Microsoft makes an official announcement, however the $299.99 price point hardly appears to be out of the bounds of possibility and suggests a pound/dollar equation when Microsoft's next-gen format is launched upon UK shores later in the month. As widely believed games appear to be slightly more expensive then many would hope with the likes of Perfect Dark Zero and Project Gotham Racing 3 marked at $59.99.
totalvideogames.com

Oh pleeeeez, oh pleeeeez let it be only $300.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-01-2005, 05:27 PM   #2
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Well I don't care about how much games since the only one I really want is Oblivion, and I'll be getting that for the PC. I will however be selling my XBox and buying a 360. (I'll only sell it if the 360 is backwards compatible for most of the games I already own)
Old 08-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

OMG! PGR3!!?? I got so hooked on PGR2 for most of last year, I didn't even touch any PC game. Think I'm gonna hand in my resignation soon (or hand in the thesis in my case...)
Old 08-01-2005, 06:25 PM   #4
Banned User

I've got $400 just lying in wait in a bank account. I can't wait!!
Old 08-01-2005, 06:38 PM   #5
Homer of Kittens

60$ for a game

Firefox rules
Old 08-01-2005, 06:41 PM   #6
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
60$ for a game
I'm with ya on that, but what choice do we have?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:30 PM   #7
merely human

You can choose to be that much more shrewd with the titles you want to get. Just stop being frivolous and wasting your money on full price games you might not end up liking. Instead, for those games you're not %100 sure of, wait til they go on sale for, say, $30 or less, then get 'em. You don't have to get those games the very second they come out, you know.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-01-2005, 07:47 PM   #8
Banned User

^ Acts like he knows everything

Whoops! Wrong thread.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:17 PM   #9
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Money is no object when it comes to Project Gotham. Got it at full-priced for both, and are still playing them whenever I find time to play XBox these days. It did hurt a bit when I saw them selling at sale prices, but heck! What's there to regret about?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #10
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
You can choose to be that much more shrewd with the titles you want to get. Just stop being frivolous and wasting your money on full price games you might not end up liking. Instead, for those games you're not %100 sure of, wait til they go on sale for, say, $30 or less, then get 'em. You don't have to get those games the very second they come out, you know.
But but they are all soooo purty

Firefox rules
Old 08-01-2005, 08:36 PM   #11
Final Fantasy IXer

As far as the next gen consoles go, I'm starting off with Nintendo Revolution. I'm not dishing out over $300 for a 4-5 yr console. Especially hearing as how the PS3 may very well debut with a record high price. I'm going to lay in wait on Playstation until the price drops. +300USD for a console system, ha, ha, ha. I like games but I don't like them that much.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:58 PM   #12
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja
As far as the next gen consoles go, I'm starting off with Nintendo Revolution. I'm not dishing out over $300 for a 4-5 yr console. Especially hearing as how the PS3 may very well debut with a record high price. I'm going to lay in wait on Playstation until the price drops. +300USD for a console system, ha, ha, ha. I like games but I don't like them that much.
As far as i'm concerned, anything plastation is a generated for the masses type of system. Just another machine for the idiots to play the latest installment of madden.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:09 AM   #13

Or Katamari Damacy, the Silent Hill series, Gradius V, Disgaea, Rez, MGS3, GT4, FFX, DMC3, the entire PSOne lineup...

If someone is only going to buy a single system, I'd recommend the PS2 every single time. The variety can't be beaten... it's certainly a hell of a lot more than a Madden box. I don't even get the basis for that comment.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:35 AM   #14

You know, the price of the console is pretty pointless IMO, if the prices on the software is higher. At least, a console I only buy once (or twice maybe, at the end of their lifetime), but a game I buy several times. Well, at least if I want SOMETHING good out of the console... being a machine to play GAMES on.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:28 AM   #15
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsez
I don't even get the basis for that comment.
Nah, that's just tempsie for ya, he likes to troll more than anything else

Good news, seems like the sequel to Mutant Storm is in the works for Xbox 360! Mutant Storm is one of the most lauded indie games and it's nice to see MS showing support for such projects. Maybe there's hope for smaller indie developers on consoles after all.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:46 AM   #16
Prove it all night

Send a message via MSN to James

Not unexpected, but what will be interesting to see if there's a direct sterling/euro/dollar conversion, or whether we'll get ripped off again.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." - Thomas Edward Lawrence
Old 08-02-2005, 07:14 AM   #17
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Man, that means the games are going to be about $70 in Canada. That's insane.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 08-02-2005, 07:29 AM   #18
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Nah, that's just tempsie for ya, he likes to troll more than anything else

Good news, seems like the sequel to Mutant Storm is in the works for Xbox 360! Mutant Storm is one of the most lauded indie games and it's nice to see MS showing support for such projects. Maybe there's hope for smaller indie developers on consoles after all.
Not trolling, just one man opinion.

But you're right, it's not a madden box, it's also the box of sequals and cookie cutter anime japanese games.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
it's also the box of sequals and cookie cutter anime japanese games.
One of thse days, some of us will drive up to upstate NY, tie you up in a chair, and force you to watch anime for 5 days straight, Clockwork Orange style.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #20
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
One of thse days, some of us will drive up to upstate NY, tie you up in a chair, and force you to watch anime for 5 days straight, Clockwork Orange style.

Ooh la la, promise?